Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
Have you been to the Gundam statue in Tokyo and the store?

Q5SwlsN.jpg

21NGJLv.jpg

I went to japan back in 2014 and saw the RX-78-2 as well as the all the other 35 anniversary stuff. Brough aload of gunpla back as it was basically half price (got the MG Nu Gundam Ver Ka and MG Phonix for £70 for example). I did see Gundam Unicorn Vol7 in the cinema in Tokyo and booked my stuff around that.

I did get into Sunrises offices at the time and talked to a couple of people which was mega cool

bar a 4 night stay for a wedding in Kyoto I've not been back to Japan since to see the Life size RX-0. I will one day!

Caporegime
I went to japan back in 2014 and saw the RX-78-2 as well as the all the other 35 anniversary stuff. Brough aload of gunpla back as it was basically half price (got the MG Nu Gundam Ver Ka and MG Phonix for £70 for example). I did see Gundam Unicorn Vol7 in the cinema in Tokyo and booked my stuff around that.

I did get into Sunrises offices at the time and talked to a couple of people which was mega cool

bar a 4 night stay for a wedding in Kyoto I've not been back to Japan since to see the Life size RX-0. I will one day!

When you go back, also check out the VR-Zone, there is a VR Gundam ride. It is quite passive what you can do but it's quite a cool experience nevertheless. Essentially you are a civilian who get picked up by a Gundam so you are in his palm whilst he is in a fight.

Caporegime
AOsaocD.jpg

£3 inc postage...

GTA is one of the few games I play

I bought a PS2 for GTA San Andreas (as it was only available on PS2 at the time), then got a few other games - Bully etc.. and the 3D GTA versions (some of which I had on the PC) - GTA3, Vice City and the two PSP ports of the stories versions too.

I got a PS3 for GTAIV, later got Red Dead and GTA V, also got a couple of others inc a mega drive collection etc..

Never got these game back in the day and now it's only £3... might try a couple of other PS3 games later in the year too

I'm not sure I'm going to bother with a PS4, the rate I get through games I'm still not done with the PS3, haven't completed Red Dead or GTAV yet let alone this new edition. Am tempted to try a non-rockstars Game - the Last of Us... if the PS5 is out by the time I'm ready to play it then I might just skip to that console and get a remastered copy and then the part II and GTA6.

Soldato
When you go back, also check out the VR-Zone, there is a VR Gundam ride. It is quite passive what you can do but it's quite a cool experience nevertheless. Essentially you are a civilian who get picked up by a Gundam so you are in his palm whilst he is in a fight.

oooooooooooooooooo, VR ride, I might of had a TINY hand it that, I used to work on/test some animation tech used in movies and games (Euphoria/Morpheme etc). And before the tech got Poo canned the parent company. Some dev did evaluate us for Gundam VR title, sure felt doing some testing and making animation networks with a Zaku II, don't know who the developer was or if they used the tech in the end, talk late 2016 early 2017 at the time.

On a related note there was a Votoms VR experience that did use the same animation tech.

Oh and there is still a couple major PC and console releases using the tech, such a shame to see it go but does live on in a way.

Soldato
Peated Balvenie you say? Bagged!

Ardbeg is a beautiful thing for sure.

yup! Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it in Waitrose. I've got a fair few whiskies on the go atm; Ardbeg 10 as a "drinking" whisky, Ardbeg An Oa, Ardbeg Corryvreckan (but no uigedail right now!), some Bunnahabhain, this, Balvenie triple wood, some Auchentoshan to name a few...and this is now probably my joint-favourite with the Corryvreckan

Last edited:
Caporegime
There’s a joke about horsepower in here somewhere

Lol would be true if it was stock.

1380cc, fast road spec, modified inlet and exhaust valves, bronze valve guides, lead-free exhaust valve inserts, 1.401” EN52 inlet valves, and 1/156” 21/4N exhaust valves with competition valve springs.

The block was fitted with 73.5 AEP Power Max pistons, ARP racing conrods, a Swiftune SW5-07 billet camshaft, a duplex kit, a Minispares 1.5 ratio roller tip rocker assembly, and a lightened flywheel.

A Weber 45 DCOE carb was fitted, along with a 123 Tune ignition system, a Facet Silver Top fuel pump, a Malpassi Filter King Regulator kit, a Mocal oil cooler and thermostat, and a Maniflow LCB manifold and stage II, two-inch, two-box exhaust system.

KAD four-pot calipers, Brembo discs and Mintex 1144 pads, plus a brake servo and stainless steel brake hoses.

Plus a few other tricks. 102bhp at the wheels. Not a bad power to weight ratio for a car which weighs 735kg. Puts a grin on your face anyway :)

Back
Top Bottom