Any thing better than 10gb for £10 Sim only?

Caporegime
Looking to change network as my current 5gb for 10 has caught me out a couple of time.
Usually holidays where I have no WiFi.

Ive found a deal for 10 for 10. Its a 12 month rather than month rolling. Its with sky and seem to do a 3 year data rollover! Which actually sounds too good to be true. Looks like 50 pounds cashback too!

Before I commit is this a particularly good deal?

Associate
I would say yes. The 10gb might be low, but if it's really a 3 year rollover then you will build up to a decent amount.

Could you please share a link to the deal?

Associate
Looking to change network as my current 5gb for 10 has caught me out a couple of time.

Ive found a deal for 10 for 10. Its a 12 month rather than month rolling. Its with sky and seem to do a 3 year data rollover! Which actually sounds too good to be true. Looks like 50 pounds cashback too!

I have the 10GB for £10 deal from Sky, I pac' ed over to Sky in January this year, I started out on 2Gb per month, then 8Gb and now on the 10GB a month deal. The O2 signal is decent and I get 4G & 4G+ signal with no issues. You can also watch Sky Go on your phone and it won't use your data allowance. Roaming worked fine for me, I used my phone in Lanzarote and I roamed onto Vodafone.es and got a good 4G+ signal, you can use for full allowance when roaming and again you watch Sky Go on roaming and it won't use your data allowance. Also unused data is rolled over into a piggy bank and lasts for 3 years.

I have been very impressed with Sky.

Soldato
Sky use O2 if I remember correctly - issue with that is that their data can be, and in my experience is, painfully slow.

Ive had a similar problem with Vodafone, however when I’m out and about (I.e. when I’d like to make the most of the data) it’s rather slow; usually less than 1 Mb

Are EE or 3 doing any decent deals? I find their data speed and network the best in the UK.

Associate
There's currently a deal with Virgin Mobile for £13 a month.

• With this you get 15gb data (1 month rollover)
• 5000 talk minutes
• Unlimited texts

12 month contract.

£48 Topcachback as well!

Last edited:
Soldato
Sky use O2 if I remember correctly - issue with that is that their data can be, and in my experience is, painfully slow.

Ive had a similar problem with Vodafone, however when I’m out and about (I.e. when I’d like to make the most of the data) it’s rather slow; usually less than 1 Mb

Are EE or 3 doing any decent deals? I find their data speed and network the best in the UK.

Last time I looked 3 was doing 8gb for £9 which is fine for me and £45 cash back.

Soldato

Yes this is a good deal. Take it if that's as little as you want to spend. You can get better deals but you will be paying more.

I am with EE and I get 50gb a month SIM only for 24 pounds a month.

Soldato
Associate
£16 a month unlimited everything with Three.Depends on the signal you get with Three tho i get around 80mb d/l speed at home but only 15mb at work so thinking of going back to EE.

Caporegime
OP
I'll check it out in my cool off period. Have been on plus net until now (only 5gb for 10)and now I'm Cardiff area the signal is patchy (speeds always good )

Associate
I believe Plusnet are offering 9gb for £10 and 11gb if you're on their broadband. They offered me the 11gb as an existing customer with no broadband. Also it's 30 days rolling contract.

Caporegime
OP
I believe Plusnet are offering 9gb for £10 and 11gb if you're on their broadband. They offered me the 11gb as an existing customer with no broadband. Also it's 30 days rolling contract.

Person on chat said they couldn't do that deal for existing customers.
Already changed now. Their loss I guess.

4G Speeds are lower, but for some reason on plusnet I had unusable H signal. But that works on sky/o2

I don't really need any more speed than phone video streaming and the piggy bank (data rollover ) is really useful.

Soldato
Plus side for me with sky is if you use the Sky Go app it doesn't use any of your data plan.
Plus any unused data is rolled over for up to 3 years.

I find Sky mobile speeds more than acceptable & for £10 pm for 10gb I certainly can't complain.

Soldato
Person on chat said they couldn't do that deal for existing customers.
Already changed now. Their loss I guess.

4G Speeds are lower, but for some reason on plusnet I had unusable H signal. But that works on sky/o2

I don't really need any more speed than phone video streaming and the piggy bank (data rollover ) is really useful.

That's rubbish - I got Plusnet Sim Only with 10GB data unlimited text unlimited calls for only £10 a month (30 days) and that's for normal (without plusnet broadband but can add 2GB bonus if I want) U can get this deal if you ring up Plusnet on 0800 079 1133 and choose option leaving us and ask them to offer you 10GB data with £10 a month without contract

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
That's rubbish - I got Plusnet Sim Only with 10GB data unlimited text unlimited calls for only £10 a month (30 days) and that's for normal (without plusnet broadband but can add 2GB bonus if I want) U can get this deal if you ring up Plusnet on 0800 079 1133 and choose option leaving us and ask them to offer you 10GB data with £10 a month without contract

Lol, obviously they have amazing chat support. Lost them a customer.
O2s network seems better for me anyway in hindsight so the chat person did me a favour

Back
Top Bottom