Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
Audi seem to have quite big fuel tanks. My A6 has 80, and my S3 had 55 or so. A4 probably has around 60.
I think it's BMW who insist on fitting tiny fuel tanks to their cars.

Perhaps it's a VAG thing as my Golf has 50. Although I've put 53 in a couple of times.
Current A4 has 40/54/58 litres depending upon the fuel and the drive system...

Soldato
We had owned a 62 player Qashqai for 6 years. Its main usage was a second car but big enough to carry baby bits. Our youngest is now 18 months so you don't really need to take anywhere near the stuff you used to.

The Qashqai whilst owned outright was getting to an age where although it hadn't really need money spending on it, things were going to need doing. At the last service and MOT it was noted that oil was weeping from turbo and suspension was knocking. We made the decision that whilst it still had value we would trade it in but get a cheaper car to run...after looking about and almost having our minds set on a Citigo we stopped by Toyota and ended up with one of these:

YlhO7st.jpg
NjHWWHw.jpg

We still have the Superb for family usage but I must admit I really love this car. It also has a few bits of tech inc. Android Auto/Apple Play, Auto climate control & Auto lights.

Whilst I was a little uneasy gong back to financing a car we only pay £25 a month and 0% over 2 years. We will then decide what to do with it when the deal is up, it has 4 years of the 5 year warranty left so nothing to worry about throughout.

OcUK Staff
I want that for £25 a month...could easily save that much in petrol for the commute to work....even though i hated the Aygo when i had them as a courtesy car.

Suspect he has a large sum of cash in the car from the trade in vehicle, thus making monthly far lower than usual, because if they were really only £300 a year to rend a brand new car, then lets be honest it would be too good to be true. :)

A lot of people think because I have a Ferrari it must cost over a grand a month in payments, its £300 because I put a lot of cash into the car and servicing is free.

Associate
Suspect he has a large sum of cash in the car from the trade in vehicle, thus making monthly far lower than usual, because if they were really only £300 a year to rend a brand new car, then lets be honest it would be too good to be true. :)

A lot of people think because I have a Ferrari it must cost over a grand a month in payments, its £300 because I put a lot of cash into the car and servicing is free.

Do you have another car?

Hardly practical turning up at Tesco in a Ferrari :p

OcUK Staff
Do you have another car?

Hardly practical turning up at Tesco in a Ferrari :p

Yes two other cars, it was three other cars, but needless to say I am getting rid and was using the Ferrari as a daily during Summer, but now just bringing it out once a week when dry ideally though it does see wet roads, but got an Abarth 595 now for the daily Winter duties.

But I have gone shopping in Ferrari, but I prefer Sainbury's but its no problem at all the boot is surprisingly large on them so no problem fitting all the food in there for two people.

Soldato
£25 was due to putting £3k down. It's an 18 plate with 7.5k on clock. Wanted to keep monthly cost down as much as possible hence the bigger deposit.

Got £1500 cash back in the deal as didn't stick all the value down.

£25 fixed cost motoring for 2 years will do us.

Soldato
... we stopped by Toyota and ended up with one of these:
I had one as a courtesy car yesterday. Quite liked it and quieter on the motorway than the old Yaris runabout I have (2004 first gen)....which was in having a wheel bearing replaced - dammit.
Despite having similar power to my old Yaris, the delivery seemed a bit odd, in a slightly worse way I think. I think it was brand new so maybe not run in. The gear indicator at 70mph on a slight incline it was telling me to change down a gear yet at a lower speed on a similar incline it didn't, telling me to change up in fact. Seemed to have more lower down torque than the old Yaris but the Yaris likes being over 4000rpm more. I think engine size is the same but the old Yaris is a 4 pot vs the 3 pot Aygo.

Might consider one in the next few years as a runabout or the latest Yaris which would be more suitable I think for me as I like to chuck a Brompton in the back, out of view ideally.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom