Things I don't like (TIDL) thread

Caporegime
Whichever marketing ****s invented DVD and later BluRay cases... the disks are the same size as CD's you absolute ****wombles, yet they need to be packaged in some extra thick plastic case so that your collection pointlessly takes up even more shelf space. (either that or you have a box full of plastic cases in the attic/cellar and some big folder thingies in the lounge/media room)

Even worse are a lot of the boxed sets - rather than just making a case for multiple DVDs/BluRay disks they often put the individual disks in individual DVD/BluRay cases and then, on top of that, put all those cases into a big shiny cardboard box.

While CD cases aren't ideal and do break sometimes they at least take up much less room - you can just as easily have disks sold in small card envelopes... but for marketing purposes you need lots of plastic and or cardboard (in the case of a boxed set) so it feels like the consumer is getting something valuable or some nonsense...

I really don't care - if I get a 5 disk boxed set I'd much rather it was in a slimmer case containing all the disks than 5 separate single cases all put into a larger box.

It isn't good for the environment either, bunch of marketing ****s

95t1j5z.gif

Associate
People with dietary requirements acting entitled. Case in point, had a scratch card win last week so felt generous as it was Friday.. bought 2 boxes of Krispy Kreme donuts for my team and the rest of the office to enjoy. Resident vegan kicks off because I didn't bring any vegan/gluten free options..

Alright, tw**, next time I'll give everyone the same treatment and bring nothing. :rolleyes:

Im coeliac, a proper medical allergy and I dont expect people to accomodate this, why should they? Veggies/Vegans seem to treat it like its a life or death thing, ridiculous.

Man of Honour
People who talk on the phone about their personal business in public places, particularly on the train.

Some woman on the train last night talking quite loudly to some medical insurance company, by the time I got to my destination, I learnt her name DoB, current medical condition, her husbands name and her mobile number etc . then she had to tell all her friends about it like it's breaking news because they were obviously hanging on for this.

What's wrong with you guys.. have some respect for yourself.

Underboss
People who get to the ticket barriers and then decide to get out their ticket/Oyster card/open the app/wallet.

People who bring dogs onto rush hour trains.

People

Associate
Latest one is people in public walking using their phone on speaker, holding it at an angle in front of their face; I blame The Apprentice for starting this trend, where the teams app use the phone when they're in the back of a vehicle on a task.

Soldato
Latest one is people in public walking using their phone on speaker, holding it at an angle in front of their face; I blame The Apprentice for starting this trend, where the teams app use the phone when they're in the back of a vehicle on a task.

They have been doing this on American tv shows for years and Yes its very annoying

Last edited:

RxR

RxR

Soldato
The conversation I had yesterday with an 86yo war vet - as he had been somewhat fooled by the popular 'eclipsed West' theory.

Last edited:

RxR

RxR

Soldato
Waiting for a month to get enrolled in a 6 week long intensive physiotherapy program only to be told "it's full. The next one starts in Feb 2020. Would you like to go on the waiting list?"

Soldato
Think I don't like... people who can't spot emergency vehicles behind them. I often pull over with hazards or indicators on and cars behind then pull out and try to overtake :confused: Once this has happened and the car behind nearly side swiped an ambulance?!

It also frustrates me when I see people do STUPID things when they see emergency vehicles.. for example there's a road with traffic coming in both directions, a driver sees an ambulance behind and thinks oh I better slow down... then instead of the ambulance being stuck behind a car doing 30-40mph, they're stuck doing 15mph :confused:. If you can't pull over safely just keep driving at a normal speed until you can let them past.

Some ******* at work told me that he wouldn't edge through a red light if an emergency vehicle pulled up behind him in case he got a ticket. Get a ******* grip.

byuoaXM.png

I don't like how a multinational news agency can literally state a set of facts then change the meaning of it to push a more clickbait agenda.

Loved this - "fails to work with dark skin" is actually, fails to work for white or black people....

RxR

RxR

Soldato
Having taught my kids 26 words and thinking that would be enough to solve most of their problems. I suspect now, that they are in their 20's, I'm at least 10 short.

e: Before I get the usual criticisms, the 26 words are answers to 9 questions, like:

How to be creative? (3 words)
What must you always defend? (2 words)
How to beat any doubt? (2 words)
What is the test of trust? (5 words)
How to beat any opponent? (3 words)
What makes anything hard? (2 words)
etc

Last edited:
Associate
Some ******* at work told me that he wouldn't edge through a red light if an emergency vehicle pulled up behind him in case he got a ticket. Get a ******* grip.

Your friend is absolutely correct. If we (the ambulance service) come up to traffic at a red light, we switch sirens off and hold back a bit and wait for the lights to change. If a driver crosses a red light and gets penalised or causes a collision, it is solely the driver's fault - moving out the way of an emergency vehicle is not a defence. However we always appreciate the efforts of those who do, safely. The fire service do the same. The police tend to bully you out the way though. Most drivers can't see past the end of their own bonnet, so crossing a red light is probably one of the most dangerous things we do.

Back
Top Bottom