Sky Friends and Family deal thread! Now with, er NOW deals!

Soldato
Sorry if this has been asked. We are thinking of dumping Virgin as the price has gone up to silly money for not much!

Which the Sky TV package, the box set add on says it includes Netflix. We already pay for Netflix so wouldn't need it. Is there a way of separating it to just get box sets? Otherwise is the Netflix an actual logon we could make multiple users on?

I think i've found a good Sky Q bundle with HD, Sports and what not for £55pm, which isn't too shabby. May be thinking about BB too.

Once we've figured things out, I may pester you for a code soon if that's alright!

Caporegime
OP
Sorry if this has been asked. We are thinking of dumping Virgin as the price has gone up to silly money for not much!

Which the Sky TV package, the box set add on says it includes Netflix. We already pay for Netflix so wouldn't need it. Is there a way of separating it to just get box sets? Otherwise is the Netflix an actual logon we could make multiple users on?

I think i've found a good Sky Q bundle with HD, Sports and what not for £55pm, which isn't too shabby. May be thinking about BB too.

Once we've figured things out, I may pester you for a code soon if that's alright!
Yes you can take box sets separately but if you take Ultimate On Demand you can save a few quid a month compared to standalone Netflix. Your profiles and recommendations will cary over too.

Soldato
Yes you can take box sets separately but if you take Ultimate On Demand you can save a few quid a month compared to standalone Netflix. Your profiles and recommendations will cary over too.

Thanks a lot! Read a bit on the site too and seems we can chuck it together, with UHD stuff too!

Would it be possible to have a code for BB and TV? I'll trust you now!

Thanks!

Associate
Thanks MissChief all ordered up - came to £61.60 p/m + £50 one off +£19.95 for hardware delivery and fibre activation. Ended up with Sky Q 2TB + 1 mini box, Sky HD, Ultimate on Demand, Sky Cinema, Superfast Fibre (Talk Weekends and Evenings).
Tip for anyone wanting Ultra HD, you might as well go for Ultimate (2tb Q box + mini box), it costs the same.

Caporegime
OP
So I have some existing customer deals, 25% off any TV package upgrade. Now this likely WON'T stack with any other offer but if you only want a wee upgrade to cinema or something then it'll do the job.

Do your friends and family already have Sky TV? Are they left wanting more? This new offer is for existing customers so they can upgrade their current package today.

What’s the offer?

25% off all TV upgrades so your friends and family can add more of what they love and upgrade to any of the following today:
HD - Bring the shows you love to life with high definition that even make the bad guys look good.
Kids - They'll be in good company and well entertained with favourite characters from shows they love.
Ultimate On Demand – 500 Sky Box Sets & Netflix, all in one place and in HD.
Cinema - Enjoy a new premiere every day and over 1,000 movies on demand, all in HD.
Sports - Get every sports channel in HD with the Complete Sports Pack.
Sky Q Experience – Take your viewing to the next level with Ultra HD. Also, pause what you’re watching in one room and pick up in another.

Soldato
Maybe a silly question, but on the email with the code, it says it includes free broadband boost. Yet as i'm selecting my bits, it still gives me the option to add boost for a fiver.

Do i need to select this and it'll take a fiver off or if I don't select it, will it still come with it?

ta for the code by the way! Very much appreciated!

Caporegime
OP
Maybe a silly question, but on the email with the code, it says it includes free broadband boost. Yet as i'm selecting my bits, it still gives me the option to add boost for a fiver.

Do i need to select this and it'll take a fiver off or if I don't select it, will it still come with it?

ta for the code by the way! Very much appreciated!
It’ll need to be selected AFAIK but it should then be discounted.

Associate
So I have some existing customer deals, 25% off any TV package upgrade. Now this likely WON'T stack with any other offer but if you only want a wee upgrade to cinema or something then it'll do the job.

Do your friends and family already have Sky TV? Are they left wanting more? This new offer is for existing customers so they can upgrade their current package today.

What’s the offer?

25% off all TV upgrades so your friends and family can add more of what they love and upgrade to any of the following today:
HD - Bring the shows you love to life with high definition that even make the bad guys look good.
Kids - They'll be in good company and well entertained with favourite characters from shows they love.
Ultimate On Demand – 500 Sky Box Sets & Netflix, all in one place and in HD.
Cinema - Enjoy a new premiere every day and over 1,000 movies on demand, all in HD.
Sports - Get every sports channel in HD with the Complete Sports Pack.
Sky Q Experience – Take your viewing to the next level with Ultra HD. Also, pause what you’re watching in one room and pick up in another.

Hi MissChief, would it be possible to have a 25% code to apply on UoD and Sky Q Exp please, sent trust. If the cost removes any of my other discounts, would it be possible for me to give the code back to you if it doesnt work out cheaper?

Last edited:
Soldato
Ah god, just gone to use the 40% off code to get a new package and it looks like it has expired! Just my luck. :pWas getting the discounted prices this morning, but not anymore!

Says it expires 03/10/2019 in the small print. :(

Caporegime
OP
Ah god, just gone to use the 40% off code to get a new package and it looks like it has expired! Just my luck. :pWas getting the discounted prices this morning, but not anymore!

Says it expires 03/10/2019 in the small print. :(
Did you actually get the page telling you the offer had expired? The codes should still be good we’ve been told and some have used them in the past couple of days.

One thing that was identified, if you click the link the code is included in the link and then ‘used’ so clicking it again may not work. If that’s the case then let me know.

Soldato
Did you actually get the page telling you the offer had expired? The codes should still be good we’ve been told and some have used them in the past couple of days.

One thing that was identified, if you click the link the code is included in the link and then ‘used’ so clicking it again may not work. If that’s the case then let me know.

To be fair, didn't say anything on the site. Just didn't show the new price.

Ended up calling them quoting the code and actually got some money off the install aditionally, so I'm all happy here, thanks a lot!

Last edited:
Associate
@MissChief i have clicked "trust"
i am a current customer who had a 50% off for the past 12 months, i will call retentions soon to see what they offer me.
i have the full package including broadband, not sky Q though

if i dont get a good offer from them, i would be looking at remaining with them if i can have 40% code would this work?
or i can sign back up in my partners name with a new customer code

your thoughts?

thanks

Caporegime
OP
i am a current customer who had a 50% off for the past 12 months, i will call retentions soon to see what they offer me.

if i dont get a good offer from them, i would be looking at remaining with them if i can have 40% code would this work?

your thoughts?

thanks
While I cannot condone your actions you would need to sign up in GF’s name to make use of one of my codes. And completing the order online will cause an issue so she’d need to call and say you’ve split up or something.

Caporegime
OP

your thoughts?

thanks
Send me a message, not leave details on my trust page.

Back
Top Bottom