More proof of aliens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I'm 100% certain that in a Guinness Book of World Records a good few years back (2004 - 2008 possibly) the US Navy held the record for the fastest projectile - it was either 225,000 mph or 425,000 mph but didn't elaborate on what was being fired or from what. Be interested to know if anyone remembers this.

The US navy have their experimental railgun, which shoots at around mach 8 (3700 mph) but I think what you *might* be thinking of is this; https://www.nytimes.com/1994/03/22/science/fastest-gun-on-earth-goals-go-beyond-planet.html

Essentially, they were launching microscopic particles of dust to measure the effects of micro-meteors, or other bits of microscopic space-dust, hitting space station parts, to measure the damage, although it doesn't say whether the tests were conducted inside a vacuum or not, interesting reading though.

Man of Honour
I regularly listen to a guy who makes them. He says there is no aliens involved. But there is a strange energy inside them. I've not looked indepth on the subject with him. But he's a well known crop circle maker. Look up Matthew Williams.

Reminds me the last time I was in the Kings Chamber in the Great Pyramid and this woman was standing there making 'Omm' noises and turning to her friends saying "Can you feel it?" :)
Err, no, just you being an idiot.

Anyway, since Suicidal Ferret had a go at fellow posters I still want to know what side he's on - Aliens or not Aliens?

Permabanned
5G will become the biggest technological advancement since the jump from 2G to 3G. It will allow low latency comms over great distances to vehicles and devices that previously wasn't possible wirelessly so will be extremely beneficial for high bandwidth low latency communications and so improve efficiency in all areas of modern life. It is a must have advancement really.

Let's first get rid of the fossil fuels, and then develop further to higher Gs.

We have serious health concerns over the population exposure - the 5G frequencies are quite aggressive and:

"The development of the technology has stoked fear that 5G radiation could have adverse health effects.[139] Wired characterized fears that the technology could cause cancer, infertility, autism, Alzheimer’s, and mysterious bird deaths as "conspiracy theory".[140] In April 2019, the city of Brussels in Belgium blocked a 5G trial because of radiation laws.[141] In Geneva, Switzerland, a planned upgrade to 5G was stopped for the same reason.[142] The Swiss Telecommunications Association (ASUT) has said that studies have been unable to show that 5G frequencies have any health impact.[143]

Health concerns related to radiation from cell phone towers and cell phones are not new. Although electromagnetic hypersensitivity is not scientifically recognised, effects such as headaches and neurasthenia has been claimed from 4G and Wi-Fi.[144] 5G technology presents a couple of new issues which depart from 4G technology, higher microwave frequencies from 2.6 GHz to 28 GHz, compared to 700–2500 MHz typically used by 4G. Because the higher millimeter wave used in 5G do not easily penetrate objects, this requires the installation of antennas every few hundred meters, which has sparked concern among the public.[139]

Critics of 5G say that these millimeter wave frequencies used by 5G have not been extensively tested on the general public; most experts believe that more scientific research is needed,[145] even as millimeter wave technology has been used in technology such as radar for many decades.[146][147][148] United States Senator Richard Blumenthal in 2018 said "I know of no reliable studies — classified or otherwise that have been done about 5G technology. There may have been studies by the military but so far as I know they failed to meet the specifications that are required in terms of the numbers of animals or other ways of measuring that would be required."[149]

In 2018, RT America, a media outlet funded by the Russian government,[150][151][152] began airing programming linking 5G to harmful health effects without scientific support. The frequency of similar programming increased in 2019. Several RT stories have warned of health impacts such as "brain cancer, infertility, autism, heart tumors and Alzheimer’s disease" and have spread to hundreds of blogs and websites.[153]

In January 2019, over 180 scientists and doctors from 36 countries sent a letter to officials of the European Union demanding a moratorium on 5G coverage in Europe until potential hazards for human health have been fully investigated.[154] According to the "Statement on emerging health and environmental issues (2018)" edited by European Commission's Scientific Committee on Health, Environmental and Emerging Risks (SCHEER), "5G networks will soon be rolled out for mobile phone and smart device users. How exposure to electromagnetic fields could affect humans remains a controversial area, and studies have not yielded clear evidence of the impact on mammals, birds or insects. The lack of clear evidence to inform the development of exposure guidelines to 5G technology leaves open the possibility of unintended biological consequences."[155]

In the US, New Hampshire is considering establishing a commission to study the health effects of 5G networks.[citation needed] Several leaders[who?] in Congress have written to the Federal Communications Commission expressing concern about potential health risks.[citation needed] And in Mill Valley, California, the city council blocked the deployment of new 5G wireless cells."[156][157][158][159][160] Similar concerns were raised in Vermont.[161]

Senator Blumenthal in February 2019 questioned 5G industry representatives about health risks and related studies, finding that the industry has not done studies, nor were any ongoing.[162]

In July 2019, the New York Times wrote an article detailing how an influential study from the year 2000[163], which determined that wireless technology carried a high chance of causing negative health effects in humans, made a scientific error by failing to study the protective benefits of human skin.[164] The article claimed that many of the alleged health concerns around 5G and other wireless technologies in humans have not been scientifically proven.[164]

On August 2019, a court in the USA decided that 5G technology will not be deployed without environmental impact and historic preservation reviews.[165]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5G#Health_concerns

Also:

"The ADS works by firing a high-powered beam of 95 GHz waves at a target, which corresponds to a wavelength of 3.2 mm.[13] The ADS millimeter wave energy works on a similar principle as a microwave oven, exciting the water and fat molecules in the skin, and instantly heating them via dielectric heating. One significant difference is that a microwave oven uses the much lower frequency (and longer wavelength) of 2.45 GHz. The short millimeter waves used in ADS only penetrate the top layers of skin, with most of the energy being absorbed within 0.4 mm (1⁄64 inch),[14] whereas microwaves will penetrate into human tissue about 17 mm (0.67 inch).[15]

The ADS's effect of repelling humans occurs at slightly higher than 44 °C (111 °F), though first-degree burns occur at about 51 °C (124 °F), and second-degree burns occur at about 58 °C (136 °F).[16] In testing, pea-sized blisters have been observed in less than 0.1% of ADS exposures, indicating that second degree surface burns have been caused by the device.[16] The radiation burns caused are similar to microwave burns, but only on the skin surface due to the decreased penetration of shorter millimeter waves. The surface temperature of a target will continue to rise so long as the beam is applied, at a rate dictated by the target's material and distance from the transmitter, along with the beam's frequency and power level set by the operator. Most human test subjects reached their pain threshold within 3 seconds, and none could endure more than 5 seconds.[17]

A spokesman for the Air Force Research Laboratory described his experience as a test subject for the system:

For the first millisecond, it just felt like the skin was warming up. Then it got warmer and warmer and you felt like it was on fire. ... As soon as you're away from that beam your skin returns to normal and there is no pain.

Like all focused energy, the beam will irradiate all matter in the targeted area, including everything beyond/behind it that is not shielded, with no possible discrimination between individuals, objects or materials. Anyone incapable of leaving the target area (e.g., physically handicapped, infants, incapacitated, trapped, etc.) would continue to receive radiation until the operator turned off the beam. Reflective materials such as aluminum cooking foil should reflect this radiation and could be used to make clothing that would be protective against this radiation.[18]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Active_Denial_System

Caporegime
I can't recall where I read this but the air intercept controller on the carrier indicated there had been a major upgrade to their radar systems allowing them to track the objects following the carrier strike force. He has twenty years experience on the job and in his opinion the objects were behaving in a non terrestrial way using non classical physical means of propulsion. Furthermore he is of the opinion that the objects could have always following them and that is why more incidents of this kind are being reported. Kevin Day was quick to point out he observed both the radar signatures of these objects followed by a confirmed visual sighting:
You know what normally happens after major upgrades?

You spend time working the bugs out of the system that weren't found during development :p

Soldato

You spend time working the bugs out of the system that weren't found during development :p

Well exactly.

It reminds me from when I was readying Feynman's books, or James Randi's (can't remember) about how easily, highly qualified experts can be fooled, or end up fooling themselves into believing something ridiculous is happening. When it's totally simple and benign thing thats going on. they just convince themselves through a mixture of errors, misunderstandings and misjudgments than it's something fantastical or 'otherworldly'

Edit;

Here's quite an entertaining example of how a bunch of scientists at Laurence Livermore national laboratory, were fooled hook line and sinker into believing they had evidence of telekinesis, when it was just a magic trick,

Last edited:
Man of Honour
what about the sonic shockwaves? I know you get a bang when you break the sound barrier, no idea what happens when you start hitting speeds like that though.

As far as I know, nothing. The issue in that context is approaching and reaching the speed of sound. From what I've read, it's plain sailing once you're past it. No hypersonic shockwaves.

Soldato

Of course you do but you can easily discount the malfunction with a confirmed visual sighting away from the equipment-which is what he did? It wasn't a malfunction. Which bit of twenty years experience did you choose to ignore ;)

Has anybody seen the documentary to do with this incident? If I get the chance I'll look at this later.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Of course you do but you can easily discount the malfunction with a confirmed visual sighting away from the equipment-which is what he did? It wasn't a malfunction. Which bit of twenty years experience did you choose to ignore ;)

Has anybody seen the documentary to do with this incident? If I get the chance I'll look at this later.
Well you still can't discount invention and lies. Humans gonna human.

Making up stories about aliens and UFOs breaking the laws of physics is just something someone might be inclined to do for various reasons.

That's not to say unexplained and mysterious things don't happen. But alien craft buzzing around doesn't happen, imho :p

Given that these things are supposed to be quite frequent, why is it we only have word of mouth and fuzzy, grainy Crap-o-Vision images. After all this time and all these encounters, nobody has shot footage worth a damn.

And there aint no way I'm putting my faith in word of mouth, no matter who it is. Even your expect of 20 years. 50 years. 100 years. People are unreliable. People invent stories.

Word of mouth simply isn't good enough.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
The documentary Dogma back in 1999 covered all this and answered all questions.

I refer you to this segment which in particular chimes true.

Man of Honour
And there aint no way I'm putting my faith in word of mouth, no matter who it is. Even your expect of 20 years. 50 years. 100 years. People are unreliable. People invent stories.

During the 80s/90s the BBC invited 200 people to watch a program being made.
Just before the cameras rolled, 3 actors/stagehands had a staged argument and later in the program this incident was bought up.
Only 1 person actually witnessed the incident correctly which left an impression on me.

Soldato
Well you still can't discount invention and lies. Humans gonna human.

Making up stories about aliens and UFOs breaking the laws of physics is just something someone might be inclined to do for various reasons.

That's not to say unexplained and mysterious things don't happen. But alien craft buzzing around doesn't happen, imho :p

Given that these things are supposed to be quite frequent, why is it we only have word of mouth and fuzzy, grainy Crap-o-Vision images. After all this time and all these encounters, nobody has shot footage worth a damn.

Yeah but it wasn't just word of mouth was it? There were confirmed hits from the Aegis Spy1-the worlds most advanced combat system, verified in conjunction by the physical observations of some the crew.
Prior to this, the USS Princeton had been tracking the objects for two weeks before the encounter with the aircraft that became known as the tic tac incident. Interestingly the object actively jammed the aircraft (Super hornet) that was observing it-which is normally considered an act of war.

Luckily in this instance, regardless of what the object was, it wasn't simply a case of humans going to human.

Last edited:

RxR

RxR

Soldato
There are genetic and phenotypic associations with the tendency to believe in illusions, the paranormal and things like aliens. Of the protective factors, one is analytical ability, eg. focussing on the details.

Refs, for example: a 2019 study published by Oxford University Press on behalf of the Journal of Evolution, Medicine and Public Health which covers differences between two disorder subtypes (autism and psychosis) on the "rubber hand illusion" :

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/31402979

This is a better link to the whole article in web and pdf:

https://academic.oup.com/emph/article/2019/1/121/5532224

Last edited:
Soldato
When I was younger me and my mate would stand in the middle of Hanley looking up at the sky at an imaginary object.
You wouldn't believe how many shoppers also saw it.

This used to be a thing suggested to do in old prank books. I remember it being suggested that you start it and point to the sky, once a crowd formed all looking you could walk away leaving them all gawking. But I never ever believed it would work in reality. If I was walking into a shop and I saw someone pointing I would give it a glance and move on if there was nothing there.

Did you really do this, or is it just a meme?

Soldato
I think back in the day it was easier to make things up because more things were unknown.

But even today we don't know everything, yet there is an urge in some people to use science to say we do.

Science is good at explaining things that are happening today. They can make an educated opinion on what happened yesterday and tomorrow. But that is an educated opinion. Not 100% fact.

Man of Honour
Did you really do this, or is it just a meme?

We didn't have memes in the late 70s, we actually did things for real.

LOL you couldn't get away with it today. Half would think you were on Monky Dust and the other half would be. ;)

Especially Hanley :)

I also remember another one from early 70s, a few of us in a disused warehouse in Fenton, I jokingly pointed out a ghost and everybody saw it with the girls going into hysterics.
I didn't dare admit I had made it up.

RxR

RxR

Soldato
There are quite a lot of illusions of human inability too. One that still makes me laugh (related to supposed deficits and inability in autism and adhd, amongst others) has to do with creativity -as in - "I'm / they are not or can't be very creative". So, I considered creativity (analysed it for about 5-10 minutes, to find the metalogic) and devised a young child friendly 5-10 minute training program. It worked. The first kid I taught (a 6-7 yo aspie, daughter) got it in 10-15 minutes. An observing sibling 1.5 years younger picked it up in 10. Another 11 yo child with adhd (daughter of an engineer) got it (was competent, skilled) in 10 minutes.

Nb. I also taught a patient temporarily in a mental hospital the same thing as an assist. He lived in a semi-rural location and had good craft skills and a stall-sized business. But he hadn't quite cracked the 'winning design' level yet. It still took 12 or so minutes to teach him -'due to his objections / guardedness. He thought (for many years) it must be harder than it is in fact.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom