**** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Thread ****

Soldato
Coming from a Pixel 3, I don't think the Note is any better or worse in terms of speed/smoothness. Android in general has never been quite as smooth overall compared to iOS, although I wouldn't say it's slower it's just the animations and scrolling always seem a little smoother. Maybe best trying one out in store to give you an idea of how it'll feel.

Playing around in a store isn't much fun, since demo phones always seem to have a big security thing attached to the back and a wire that sets off the alarm if you lift the device more than a few inches off its stand. The experience of other users is a good way to get answers and you've given your impression by comparing it to the Pixel 3 - cheers :)

Soldato
Playing around in a store isn't much fun, since demo phones always seem to have a big security thing attached to the back and a wire that sets off the alarm if you lift the device more than a few inches off its stand. The experience of other users is a good way to get answers and you've given your impression by comparing it to the Pixel 3 - cheers :)

I agree about the store thing, but speed/smoothness is quite person specific - I could say it's fine and you might find it atrocious :p. There are some animation settings in the developer options of android that you can tweak to make the animations faster or slower - making them slower has the effect on them feeling smoother but speeding them up makes it 'feel' quicker.

Depending on how you intend to purchase, Samsung offers a 28day return policy when you buy direct from them that seems pretty decent if you just wanted to try it at home for a few days to see how you get on with it.

Soldato
Depending on how you intend to purchase, Samsung offers a 28day return policy when you buy direct from them that seems pretty decent if you just wanted to try it at home for a few days to see how you get on with it.

I saw that and it seemed pretty generous assuming there are no restocking fees and suchlike. I'll probably be waiting for Black Friday anyway, where I expect/hope to see the Note 10+ available for £799 or maybe with a 'free' smart watch. My wife gets a blue light discount of 10% as well, so that would take the phone down to a far more reasonable price, assuming any offers stack.

Soldato
October Security update is rolling out . Update includes camera improvements and keyboard sounds !!

I've still not been billed for £400 trade in when I decided to keep my Note 9 for my son rang several times and they really don't seem bothered

Associate
I am trying to play audio via the USB-C socket attached to my Audiolab dac.
I have got the usb cable & a usb to usb-c adaptor. When i connect to the phone the music comes out of the speakers on the phone.

Does anyone have any ideas how to get the music to go to the usb-c & to to the dac.

Do I need some other special cable?

Are there any settings on the Note 10+ that have to be changed?

I did try the disable usb audio routing both on & off but it didn't fix the problem.

Any ideas?

Soldato
I can't follow the list of cables but basically it sounds like the phone needs to be triggered to tell it it's passing audio out, which may preclude using external DACs or similar.

For example, the cable I use and the Samsung cable I've tried have a DAC built in so the phone knows the pass the audio out of USB-C. If it wasn't expecting that then it would play thoruhg the speakers like it does if you plug in a charger.

you might be able to override it but I doubt that's a cable thing, more likely a software thing of some sort.

Associate
I can't follow the list of cables but basically it sounds like the phone needs to be triggered to tell it it's passing audio out, which may preclude using external DACs or similar.

For example, the cable I use and the Samsung cable I've tried have a DAC built in so the phone knows the pass the audio out of USB-C. If it wasn't expecting that then it would play thoruhg the speakers like it does if you plug in a charger.

you might be able to override it but I doubt that's a cable thing, more likely a software thing of some sort.

Is there a setting somewhere? i have a look in developer options but not found a solution.

Soldato
Is there a setting somewhere? i have a look in developer options but not found a solution.

When you plug it in, do you get the USB options from the notification panel? i.e. if you plug the phone into a computer, you'll get the USB options in the notification panel to tell it how to treat the device (mass storage etc).

If I plug in headphones I don't get it, so I'm guessing it relies on a DAC inline of the USB cable to be able for it to work as audio? Have you had this setup on another phone before or have you always used a 3.5mm to input into the DAC?

Associate
When you plug it in, do you get the USB options from the notification panel? i.e. if you plug the phone into a computer, you'll get the USB options in the notification panel to tell it how to treat the device (mass storage etc).

It automatically goes to mass storage when I plug into PC

If I plug in headphones I don't get it, so I'm guessing it relies on a DAC inline of the USB cable to be able for it to work as audio? Have you had this setup on another phone before or have you always used a 3.5mm to input into the DAC?

Never used the 3.5mm jack in to the Dac. It's a usb B connection to run sound from a mobile phone to the Dac

Associate
If you're plugging the phone into the DAC via an A-C cable. When you plug it in, what comes up on the phone - anything or the USB options being showing in the notification panel?
I am prompted to whether I want to load up USB audio player, when I say yes the sound comes out of the phone not to the Dac.

Back
Top Bottom