*** Sky Q Thread ***

Associate
is it just me or is the picture quality of netflix on the sky q box poor - i done a test netflix via the sky q box then netflix via the LG TV netflix app, the tv netflix looks much better.

Soldato
is it just me or is the picture quality of netflix on the sky q box poor - i done a test netflix via the sky q box then netflix via the LG TV netflix app, the tv netflix looks much better.
Been discussed before. Netflix original app streams HDR/Dolby Vision/etc. Sky seems to 'only' be up to 4k and with that there appears to be some compression too.

Associate

agree - i also found the SkyQ app crashed/hung a few times. The native Netflix App on my LG has never crashed so just use that all the time now.

Soldato
I've had some weird behaviour with the watched status of downloaded or recorded shows recently. I will watch some stuff and it will show the blue bar as being watched all good. The next day I come back to carry on and it shows everything I watched the previous day as no longer watched, blue bar gone. Anyone else noticed similar?

Soldato
Had an issue last few days with my mini box, when clicking delete on something I'd watched it gets deleted off the main box but the UI is stuck on the screen on the mini and you can't quit it without either rebooting the mini box or leaving it 4 hours to go into sleep mode.

Did the software update even though it was up to date this morning see if that makes a difference with it.

Caporegime
Had an issue last few days with my mini box, when clicking delete on something I'd watched it gets deleted off the main box but the UI is stuck on the screen on the mini and you can't quit it without either rebooting the mini box or leaving it 4 hours to go into sleep mode.

Did the software update even though it was up to date this morning see if that makes a difference with it.
Did you also check the software in the main box as well as a mismatch could cause this behaviour.

Soldato
Quick question, I got sky movies added to my package the other day for first time.

The qaulity seems fairly bad compared to normal sky hd tv shows. The 4k movies have a lot of artifacts and distortion in the dark areas.

Is this normal?

Caporegime
Quick question, I got sky movies added to my package the other day for first time.

The qaulity seems fairly bad compared to normal sky hd tv shows. The 4k movies have a lot of artifacts and distortion in the dark areas.

Is this normal?
Compression is bad at times, especially on broadcast. Try downloads via on demand as the bitrate seems to be higher.

Caporegime
Thanks for the heads up. Are software updates not done automatically?
They should be but boxes can sometimes miss it. Press Home, down to settings then system details, software version. There’s an option on the right side for a download. I’m not sure if the current correct version, I’m not customer facing any more.

Soldato
They should be but boxes can sometimes miss it. Press Home, down to settings then system details, software version. There’s an option on the right side for a download. I’m not sure if the current correct version, I’m not customer facing any more.
Already done, thank you though. Update applied just need to wait until tomorrow to see if it is fixed :)

Soldato

Is this normal?

High compression causes this. however it's not all Sky's fault.

4k Movies are hit and miss some of the transfers are shocking especially on older films.

Caporegime
How are the Q mini boxes over wifi? Haven't got an Ethernet point in the room atm.

Mine works flawlessly

no issues where either. The engineer will check the signal levels using an app on his iPad and if they’re below a certain level he shouldn’t leave until they are, be that playing around with mini box location or installing a wireless booster.

Soldato

Is this normal?
We cancelled the movies. Invested in a 4k player instead and now swap 4k movies on avforums classifieds. It made sense, since I've got a huge oled, why settle for sub par media quality on something I've spent so much money on?

Back
Top Bottom