Poll: Japanese Grand Prix 2019, Suzuka - Race 17/21

Rate the 2019 Japanese Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Permabanned
Exactly. Next year it will be Vietnam and China. Japan would be perfect timing for a late April- early May time slot.

The F1 calendar makes little sense - I would like to see Barcelona in the autumn, to change time slots with Japan.
And also - for Italy to next race Singapore - thousands of km, Singapore to next race Russia - again thousands of km, Russia to next race Japan - too much traveling and logistics disaster, Japan to next race Texas - again nightmare...
I think this calendar is scheduled by someone 4-year-old :D

F1-2020-Calendar.png

Soldato
I've never understood the calendar. It looks like an excuse to globe trot. From one corner to the next and back again. Only part that makes sense is the European leg

Soldato
Actually there are multiple sets of freight the FIA ships around the world on behalf of the teams. Most is by air and stays in Europe, however some is by sea and this goes to the fly aways at the start/end of the season. They're not always literally going from one place to the next.

Taking next years calendar, it's likely the flyaway freight will go from Aus > Vietnam > China, then in to storage for a few months before Singapore > Japan > Brazil. Similarly there will be freight stored in the Middle East for Bahrain/Abu Dhabi, and in the Americas for Canada/USA/Mexico. Possibly Brazil too I can't remember the locations exactly. This was all explained in a Ted Notebook a few years ago IIRC.

I think this calendar is scheduled by someone 4-year-old :D
And yet they still put more thought in to it than you did.

Soldato
Even with the freight being well organised, swapping Azerbaijan - Netherlands and Canada - Hungary would make more sense to me. At least the summer break would follow the trip to Canada, before a return to finish the European leg and then on from there.

But me doing the calendar would see the removal of Abu Dhabi, Mexico, Monaco and Russia. They don't produce any interesting racing, just money for the sport. But that's another problem.

Soldato
Even with the freight being well organised, swapping Azerbaijan - Netherlands and Canada - Hungary would make more sense to me. At least the summer break would follow the trip to Canada, before a return to finish the European leg and then on from there.

But me doing the calendar would see Russia. They don't produce any interesting racing, just money for the sport. But that's another problem.

Not seen Putin and Bernie loving up to each other recently.........................just about the 2 most corrupt peeps in the world :D

Man of Honour
Saturday running officially cancelled. No FP3 at all.

Schedule for Sunday is now....

EGjxIuzUEAE3w3v.jpg

So in proper time.
00:50 - Porsche Carrera Cup
02:00 - F1 Qualifying
04:30 - Driver Parade
06:10 - F1 Race start

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom