• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen 3900X thread

Soldato
Agree with Ross, stay away from the cheap 570 boards, especially MSI ones.

The Aorus elite is a nice board for not too much money. If you can spend a bit more, I’d go for the Taichi or the GB pro.

I have the GB ultra and it’s been great. The first board died on a bios update, but that can happen with any board, especially new tech. The replacement has been flawless though. Great VRM temps, even at max load. I think the pro and ultra have the same VRM though, so either great. I just picked the ultra for the extra M2 slot.

Need to be careful here where subsequent BIOS's since Hardware unboxed have changed the power delivery. I have a cheap ASROCK phantom gaming 4 X570 board and my 3800X will do 4.6Ghz+ on 5 cores and 4.575 on the rest, my chipset temps never go above 60 degrees when full system stress testing. So using a graph for temps tested upon first release on old BIOS's and AGESA maybe misleading.

Soldato
Just pulled the trigger on a 3900x!!! Should be arriving tomorrow to replace my 6 year old 4770k!!

so-a-baby-walks-into-a-tech-conference-confronting-maternal-bias-in-the-software-industry-10-638.jpg

Soldato
mine hit 60 :p without an offset
:D What no Offset!? Try it, I tested it in increments all the way down to -0.125v. For me -0.10v was best overall.
Without the Offset and at stock volts my CB20 was 7070, with just the offset it went up to 7312. Single thread score stayed around 520. As my system is mainly used for multi-core work then it's a no brainer for me to use it.

Associate
:D What no Offset!? Try it, I tested it in increments all the way down to -0.125v. For me -0.10v was best overall.
Without the Offset and at stock volts my CB20 was 7070, with just the offset it went up to 7312. Single thread score stayed around 520. As my system is mainly used for multi-core work then it's a no brainer for me to use it.

you just setting the vcore to offset then -ve

Associate
I am still waiting till black Friday sales for the chance at one of these bad boys along with a 5700xt board ram the job lot. I see the 3900x is sold out all the time currently, hopefully price goes down and stock comes back.

Back
Top Bottom