Minecraft 1.15.2 Vanilla Server now up and running!!

Associate
Yes, I have been dipping in/out to expand my houses. Mostly learning how to build various styles of house, including underwater. I have also left some small shacks/shelters around, for weary travelers who want to rest and hide from those pesky night creatures.

Associate
You are welcome to cut some trees down around my property, I do replant them. My landscape is south of the Main Spawn point, I have even made a little bridge for visitors there.

Soldato
OP
I've not bothered too much with auto tree farms simply because of the ultimate timber mod. It's nice because it plants more than you cut down!

I still have to make a start on the building of the guardian farm for sea lanterns and prismarine!

Soldato
There is a tree farm at my base if you just want oak.

Also I thought villager farms were not meant to work now? I logged in and there was a baby at my villager collection area.

Soldato
OP
There is a tree farm at my base if you just want oak.

Also I thought villager farms were not meant to work now? I logged in and there was a baby at my villager collection area.

They do work again but there's a few tweaks you need to do to get the villagers working again. Not looked too much into it myself as I have a large stockpile of wheat, carrots and potatoes (about 15 dubs of carrots and spuds each and a few dubs of hay bales lol)

Soldato
They do work again but there's a few tweaks you need to do to get the villagers working again. Not looked too much into it myself as I have a large stockpile of wheat, carrots and potatoes (about 15 dubs of carrots and spuds each and a few dubs of hay bales lol)

Thats cool.

My group are talking about our annual christmas server already. Might try and point them here if they are welcome :)

Soldato
OP
Thats cool.

My group are talking about our annual christmas server already. Might try and point them here if they are welcome :)

Of course - there's plenty of space!

PITA - everytime I open Minecraft, it never remembers my login & password. Not good if you are in your late 40's... :mad:

Odd - are you using the latest launcher? I'm connected automatically every time I start it up.

Soldato
OP
Not sure when this will, or even if it will be patched out. It's possible to get an infinite emerald farm that's faster than the raid farms (although they do have added bonus of Totems of Undying, but I've now got about 6 dubs of those things lol) and villagers that have books like Mending and Silk for 1 emerald.

You need to set the villager's trade, using a Lectern for a librarian. Trade with them once and then bring a zombie close to them to infect them. Once they've been turned into a zombie villager, remove the zombie and cure the infected villager. His trades will set down to ridiculously cheap deals. Trade him and see what he unlocks.

The other thing with the trades is the the Librarian will sell you THREE bookshelves for ONE emerald. If you bust these down with a normal axe you will get NINE books back. The same stupid Librarian will then buy each book at ONE diamond each. Not a bad return - 9 ems returned for 1 spent! In this pen I have 6 fully cured Librarians with the required trades sat on top of 9 lecterns, so they restock fast enough during trading hours to realise the amount of emeralds shown below in one Minecraft day. You can spend the night stacking up and busting down your surplus bookshelves.

I shall be stock piling emeralds just as fast as I can lol!!!

k8KFZol.png

Soldato
OP
So is this a way at getting diamonds easy?
It's certainly a way to get free diamond items (swords, armour etc) as there are Weaponsmiths and Armourers who sell gear for Emeralds. You can't buy diamonds though.

Here's a link to the villager trades showing all the gear that the different village professions will sell for emeralds (and is, at the moment, essentially free due to the above way of getting infinite, free emeralds)

Link

You can also buy enchanted books, making enchanting gear incredibly easy - that's my primary use of villager trades atm.

Soldato
OP
Need to get me some diamond stuff asap!

On some stairs I've made, a glowing block bright white and a shiny metal block shows up randomly, then eventually disappears.

Any idea what these are?

You using ray-tracers/shaders? Where's your base?

I decided to fire up an iron farm at spawn - I'm using fewer villagers than was there before (was 80+ now only utilising 72) and the results are quite astounding. Before, unless you used lots of village manipulation it was hard to get "villages" closer than 64 blocks together, meaning that not many could be crammed in together. The 1.14.4 Golem spawning mechanic has changed that. Now, each "cell" only needs to be 10 blocks apart - I built mine with 12 blocks distance between each module to be on the safe side - meaning now, at spawn, loaded 24/7, there are 24 separate Golem spawning cells. The rates speak for themselves - that's 15 minutes AFK there.

I used this design from Docm77 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POTL0MiYqDc and tiled it downwards with 12 blockes between each level. There are 12 levels at spawn and the rates after only 15 minutes are shown below.Yes, that is correct. Over one stack of iron ingots PER MINUTE. I need to expand the storage at the farm.

I think it's safe to say iron is not a problem on TheMustardSeed lol!!!

AgRsAkA.png

Soldato
OP
It's been a few months since I drained the Guardian farm. Work has kept me busy, but it's tailing off, giving me more spare time, so I've spent a while building up the Guardian farm. The two spawning chambers are now done, and are funnelling the Guardians in the central tube quite nicely.

I've used some trickery from Gnembon to encourage "Pack Spawning" by adding a three deep ring of string around the top, meaning that this farm should be fairly efficient. I've still yet got to make a killing area and loot collection place, but after placing some 2,700 kelp I need a break lol! I'll put in a rail in the Nether to it once it's up and running. There will be either a full afk or xp mode depending on your needs.

I also need to make an ink farm - if anyone has any good farms from players they watch, link me up.

The Iron farm is, well, insane. Over a double chest of Iron BLOCKS in 10 hours - don't forget it runs 24/7!!!

Cheers - Ham

jYjelwg.png

Last edited:
Soldato
My base isn't far from your, to the right of yours around the large rock bit you'll see paths that lead to mine, I'm trying to build some underground paths to safely get to other areas like yours.

I'm using the SEUS latest release.

Soldato
OP
How do I respawn without dieing I'm stuck lol

Where are you stuck and dying? You should respawn on your bed if you die, or at spawn if your bed is missing or obstructed

Edit: Must learn to read the question lol - if you are stuck in another player's claim then type /trapped and you'll be teleported outside of the claim :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom