Post Scriptum

Soldato
OP
HLL definitely has potential. The latest update seems to have changed it into more of a meat grinder however as they removed the whole CoH resource thing they had in the first weekend test. Will be interesting to see where they go with it.

Associate
With the release of HLL coming up, I decided to give Post Scriptum another go, and I had a blast playing this last night. It has definitely improved a lot since the beta.

Associate
I've been playing recently as well and really enjoying it again. HLL looks like it's going to be great though. I'll keep an eye on it and see how it goes.

Soldato
Had some great games of this today, squad lead left halfway through a game and I thought what the hell and stepped up. Managed to coordinate a capture of a location no other team could take. Moved the msp quick around the flanks to great effect. Its much easier to lead in this game than squad. It's made me feel more confident about having a go in SQUAD now also.

Soldato
Had a few games yesterday, I think the breaks (walking) between deaths are too long, thru could increase the run meter maybe ?

Also the characters don't feel the correct size for the buildings ?

Soldato
Had a few games yesterday, I think the breaks (walking) between deaths are too long, thru could increase the run meter maybe ?

Also the characters don't feel the correct size for the buildings ?
Are you sure the MSPs are being positioned well? You shouldn’t be running miles, also are you drinking to keep your stamina up?

Soldato
Didn't know I could drink :)

We have one spawn point in one round, the other rounds I've only been able to spawn miles away - will try again later tonight :)

Associate
Gave this a go over the free weekend and quite enjoyed it - performance was a little up & down but aside from that it was great fun, especially when you manage to get into a half-decent squad who are communicating etc.

I'd like to give HLL a try to see how it stacks up.

Soldato
Managed to get a few hours in over the weekend. Really, very enjoyable on the whole. Obviously every similar to Squad, but there's some elements and features which I think Squad would benefit from (as well as vice versa, of course). On the whole, it's shaping up quite nicely. FPS takes a hit compared to Squad, but it's not unplayable and seems map dependant; I'm sure it will improve as time goes on :)

Cant believe it's been a year since I made this post...unfortunately, I've only dabbled in PS since then.
But I thought I'd get back into it last night and it seems to have improved greatly. I logged in for a "quick" online game, just wanted to get the controls set up and check some graphics settings...ended up playing for 2 hours :D

Soldato
Didn't know I could drink :)

We have one spawn point in one round, the other rounds I've only been able to spawn miles away - will try again later tonight :)

Oh god, no wonder, I would have changed servers. Take the time to queue to get into a popular server, you will find far more coordination and enjoyment when people know what they are doing. Additionally you will learn how to play the game correctly too and can improve the game for others if you see future games slipping into chaos.

Also if anyone has played SQUAD since v13 and the unreal update, you should be very excited where this game is heading. Once they update the engine this game is going to be killer.

Last edited:
Associate
Caught the dev stream last night, they've followed the route taken by HLL and are adding gore/ dismemberment with the next update - also made some small optimisation improvements which should help FPS a little.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/450920477

Still looks like the engine upgrade to 4.21 is some way off, but really looking forward to seeing what that does for the game when it eventually comes.

Back
Top Bottom