Show us your kitty cats

Soldato
Had a call from the Vet this afternoon with bad news- The sample they took from Holly when they operated on her ear came back as an aggressive tumor - So now it's just a matter of keeping our eyes on her and saying that's it. We listened to the Vets on two of our cats and left it way too long before we took them in for the final injection. It's been a sad afternoon after all the pain and suffering she has gone through to get a **** result.
This is her not long after we got her from rescue center

412066362.jpg

Associate
Had a call from the Vet this afternoon with bad news- The sample they took from Holly when they operated on her ear came back as an aggressive tumor - So now it's just a matter of keeping our eyes on her and saying that's it. We listened to the Vets on two of our cats and left it way too long before we took them in for the final injection. It's been a sad afternoon after all the pain and suffering she has gone through to get a **** result.

412066362.jpg
Feel for you.
Had cats all my life. But my favourite was my last one. Over 10 years with us. Strange as she always behaved more like one would expect from a dog. Had similar talk with the vet. Was devastating. Haven't got another cat since. Unbelievable how close we get with those amazing creatures.

Soldato

412066362.jpg

im very sorry too hear that, she looked like a lovely cat :(

Soldato
We took her back to the Vet yesterday for a post op check up. It seems it's a localised tumor so will be mainly in her head - common parts are the nose so we will be watching very closely. Of all the pills she had to have the ones we struggled with were the antibiotic. These are vital to stop infection in wound and might cause a abscess which will bring complications. So we now have liquid antibiotics and syringe - We are now putting it in her food as well and she eats some food with it in but not others - Our main problem before was she went from a nice gentle cat to a raving devil when we tried to put pills in her mouth. We couldn't do it, so even pills were crushed up and put in food - only success we had was eye drops and liquid painkillers.
It just put's you on edge constantly looking for bad signs.

Soldato
Came back from 10 days in America last night. One of my cats appeared late at night with a limp tail and what looked like a wound. Took her OOH to the vet last night who kept her in overnight. Wound was pretty bad but otherwise cat seemed to be OK.

They did an xray this morning. Seems there is a broken bone somewhere and the wound was much worse than they thought - also suspected probably no feeling in the tail anymore. They suggested the best thing was to remove the tail which they have done now. They are keeping her in as they want to make sure she can urinate on her own. Poor thing. Likely a big vet bill inc (to go on top of multiple bills with another cat over the past 4 months).

Soldato
I hope she recovers from it - good luck with the pill popping.
We were thinking about the bill and it struck us that so far our bill far exceeds the £1k deposit we put on our first house.
How times have changed

Soldato
We took Holly to the Vet again as she had scratched her wound and made it bleed - The Vet was brilliant - she was calm and matter of fact - she just ran her fingers around Hollies neck and chin and calmed her down - she checked her ear and her eye then just wiped the blood off with damp tissue then had a good look - seems there was a flap of skin that was very thin and holly had dislodged it so Vet just super glued it back in place.

Have to say Holly has perked up over the last few days and is eating for England.

409866922.jpg

While all this has been going on Ronnie has had a bout of asthma so we have to give him a steroid tablet a day - had three now and he has perked up and getting back to his old self again. - Need to half the pill for the next three days and he should be OK.

There is no end to it - This must be worse than having kids.

409850362.jpg

Soldato
That's fantastic news @DXP55 , a good vet makes all the difference, and glad they're feeling better. My one, gets bronchitis every year with hayfever season, so it's shots yearly, and there's only one vet that can handle my pets and keep them calm.

Soldato
laying in bed this morning at 4.15 wide awake (as you do) I saw the security light come on on the summerhouse so stuck my head out of the window (bungalow) and whistled quietly and sure enough Ronnie came bounding down the path -up on chair and in through the window. I did all this by the light of security light so closed up and put my light on and there was Ronnie on the other side of the bed with a look that said "I dropped my mouse and its gone under the bed"- Just put two traps down and some poison and closed the door.
I checked CCTV and it looked like he had something in his mouth

GOT IT-- Made a mess of the skirting boards -blood everywhere.

Holly scratched her ear last night and made it bleed - looks like the lampshade has got to go on.

414100016.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
That's fantastic news @DXP55 , a good vet makes all the difference, and glad they're feeling better. My one, gets bronchitis every year with hay fever season, so it's shots yearly, and there's only one vet that can handle my pets and keep them calm.

Your cat is very similar to Holly except a bit thinner.
Ronnie has no use for cardboard boxes - your bed or lap or in front of the fire is priority.
Holly has a quick look then gets bored.

Soldato
My cat that had been sick for the last 4 or 5 months started to go downhill about 10 days ago. Her stomach had started to swell which the vets drained some gas / fluid out of on Thursday but she wasn't her self afterwards. Wasn't eating much, couldn't be bothered to get up. Took her into the vets this morning from them to open her up to see what was going on and they found cancer in her stomach and it wasn't a place they could safely operate (she was already very underweight and weak) so decided not to wake her up :(

I'm glad she is no longer suffering but its the 2nd cat I've lost in 5 months :(

Back
Top Bottom