Hot Hatch Owners

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
I do rather like the look of that i30N C thing I've seen posted up somewhere today, looks pretty smart.

Soldato
There is an i30N around the corner from me. hes modded it a little though.

He just seems to turn it on every night, just to rev it as it pops and stuff.... very odd thing to do.
He also revs it constantly when driving past my MPS.... at a slow speed... like WHY?

Soldato
I’m not sure if this classes as a hot hatch anymore, but I like to think it does.

Picked up a Clio 182 over the weekend as a very light use car that I might do a few track days in.

98k miles, but condition is brilliant. History is best described as thorough, huge wedge of receipts and all the important stuff done recently too. Looking through it all it looks like half of the interior was replaced with new items, and on first glance that looks plausible, retrimmed wheel too

Subtle mods is probably a stretch, but one of the former owners must have had shares in Ktec. It’s got their Intake, Exhaust, and cup coilovers. It’s also got an RSTuner map on it. I’ll see how I get on, but I may well remove most of this and bring it back to standard. It revs very freely and pulls hard to the redline.

Looks wise it’s got some Speedline (Turini?) wheels with PS3 tyres.

I’ll get some pictures up later

Associate
There is an i30N around the corner from me. hes modded it a little though.

He just seems to turn it on every night, just to rev it as it pops and stuff.... very odd thing to do.
He also revs it constantly when driving past my MPS.... at a slow speed... like WHY?
Thought the pops and bang crap is a feature on the I30N and probably on a low PCP deal with low mileage usage.
Clio 182 is still a hot-hatch mate =)

Soldato
I’m not sure if this classes as a hot hatch anymore, but I like to think it does.

Picked up a Clio 182 over the weekend as a very light use car that I might do a few track days in.

98k miles, but condition is brilliant. History is best described as thorough, huge wedge of receipts and all the important stuff done recently too. Looking through it all it looks like half of the interior was replaced with new items, and on first glance that looks plausible, retrimmed wheel too

Subtle mods is probably a stretch, but one of the former owners must have had shares in Ktec. It’s got their Intake, Exhaust, and cup coilovers. It’s also got an RSTuner map on it. I’ll see how I get on, but I may well remove most of this and bring it back to standard. It revs very freely and pulls hard to the redline.

Looks wise it’s got some Speedline (Turini?) wheels with PS3 tyres.

I’ll get some pictures up later

Just be aware that removing items may cause issues with the map.

Associate
The RSTuner 98 Ron map can work on a stock car. So he can go back to stock if he wants without any issue. Intake and exhaust doesn't exactly liberate anything much on the 1*2.

BaJ

BaJ

Associate
Have been out of the hot hatch world for some years, the sensible life and family took over. But I've recently picked up a Renaultsport Twingo which is an absolute hoot.

I had a thing for French hatchbacks in my earlier years – Clio Williams, 172, 106 Rallye, etc. The little Twingo reminds me of them all. Just had all the belts and dephaser pulley changed and it's running great. The wheels need a refurb at some point but overall it's looking pretty tidy. It's lovely being back in something light, manual and naturally aspirated.

Associate
Clio's are brilliant hot hatches, had a few of them now (Clio 16v, Williams 2) and still own a concourse Williams 1 and a forged and supercharged 172. One is a garage queen and the other a track toy. Just need to get a trailer next and make use of this dirty diseasel barge I've got to tow it.

Soldato
Have been out of the hot hatch world for some years, the sensible life and family took over. But I've recently picked up a Renaultsport Twingo which is an absolute hoot.

I had a thing for French hatchbacks in my earlier years – Clio Williams, 172, 106 Rallye, etc. The little Twingo reminds me of them all. Just had all the belts and dephaser pulley changed and it's running great. The wheels need a refurb at some point but overall it's looking pretty tidy. It's lovely being back in something light, manual and naturally aspirated.

I've got a Twingo, the missus managed to hit the engine off something and destroyed the block though.

I've given serious thought to breaking my Clio 200 and dropping the engine in the Twingo, it's so much more fun!

Soldato
Looks like i'm upsizing my tyres a bit earlier than originally intended, got a puncture on the way home on the weekend, it's loosing a PSI every hour or so.

Going from 215/40/R18 to 225/40/R18 so not worlds apart but also going from PS4 to Primacy 4 mostly because it's our longer travel car and so tweaking towards comfort seems to make sense.

Back
Top Bottom