Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Transmission breaker
Don
Lol would be true if it was stock.

1380cc, fast road spec, modified inlet and exhaust valves, bronze valve guides, lead-free exhaust valve inserts, 1.401” EN52 inlet valves, and 1/156” 21/4N exhaust valves with competition valve springs.

The block was fitted with 73.5 AEP Power Max pistons, ARP racing conrods, a Swiftune SW5-07 billet camshaft, a duplex kit, a Minispares 1.5 ratio roller tip rocker assembly, and a lightened flywheel.

A Weber 45 DCOE carb was fitted, along with a 123 Tune ignition system, a Facet Silver Top fuel pump, a Malpassi Filter King Regulator kit, a Mocal oil cooler and thermostat, and a Maniflow LCB manifold and stage II, two-inch, two-box exhaust system.

KAD four-pot calipers, Brembo discs and Mintex 1144 pads, plus a brake servo and stainless steel brake hoses.

Plus a few other tricks. 102bhp at the wheels. Not a bad power to weight ratio for a car which weighs 735kg. Puts a grin on your face anyway :)

How much did that work set you back?

Caporegime
How much did that work set you back?
No idea, suspect it cost the last owner around £10k for the engine and suspension mods plus he had bespoke leather seats made for it. Thats always the problem with midgets, dead easy to spend thousands but your car will never be worth anymore than £6k.

It even had a brand new heritage shell in 2015 and I know they cost £10k unpainted and then its hours and hours to get them fitted right plus the paintjob.

Got a massive folder of bills which I will go through at the weekend.

Soldato
IGE2kSuh.jpg

https://www.thebalvenie.com/stories/the-week-of-peat/

Absolutely love this stuff. Ardbeg Uigedail is one of my favourite whiskies, and as far as non-peated whiskies go, I think that the Balvenie stuff is top-notch, so when I saw that they had created an "Ardbeg-level" peated Balvenie, I had to buy it. Definitely one of my favourites now!

I've just been treated to some of those glasses! :)

Associate

1380cc, fast road spec, modified inlet and exhaust valves, bronze valve guides, lead-free exhaust valve inserts, 1.401” EN52 inlet valves, and 1/156” 21/4N exhaust valves with competition valve springs.

The block was fitted with 73.5 AEP Power Max pistons, ARP racing conrods, a Swiftune SW5-07 billet camshaft, a duplex kit, a Minispares 1.5 ratio roller tip rocker assembly, and a lightened flywheel.

A Weber 45 DCOE carb was fitted, along with a 123 Tune ignition system, a Facet Silver Top fuel pump, a Malpassi Filter King Regulator kit, a Mocal oil cooler and thermostat, and a Maniflow LCB manifold and stage II, two-inch, two-box exhaust system.

KAD four-pot calipers, Brembo discs and Mintex 1144 pads, plus a brake servo and stainless steel brake hoses.

Plus a few other tricks. 102bhp at the wheels. Not a bad power to weight ratio for a car which weighs 735kg. Puts a grin on your face anyway :)

Makes me think of a line from this film ;)

K9z32X5.jpg.png

Very nice though! :D

Soldato

Post in motors, ASAP :|

Transmission breaker
Don
No idea, suspect it cost the last owner around £10k for the engine and suspension mods plus he had bespoke leather seats made for it. Thats always the problem with midgets, dead easy to spend thousands but your car will never be worth anymore than £6k.

It even had a brand new heritage shell in 2015 and I know they cost £10k unpainted and then its hours and hours to get them fitted right plus the paintjob.

Got a massive folder of bills which I will go through at the weekend.

Very interesting, want to look at options for my MGB GT when I have it back in the garage. Was toying with an engine swap, which i think will get me to a lot more power a lot more cheaply, but going down the tuning route might be more sensible in terms of sensible amount of power!

Caporegime
Very interesting, want to look at options for my MGB GT when I have it back in the garage. Was toying with an engine swap, which i think will get me to a lot more power a lot more cheaply, but going down the tuning route might be more sensible in terms of sensible amount of power!

Yeah you can easily stick a K series engine in which will give you lots more power than any tuning on the old engine will. And probably cost less. But spoils the fun of playing with the old engines.

Although if I owned a MGB GT i wouldnt be able to resist sticking a Rover V8 in there just for the noise. ;)

Transmission breaker
Don
Yeah you can easily stick a K series engine in which will give you lots more power than any tuning on the old engine will. And probably cost less. But spoils the fun of playing with the old engines.

Although if I owned a MGB GT i wouldnt be able to resist sticking a Rover V8 in there just for the noise. ;)

I have designs on a slightly more modern bmw powerplant for extra odd-ballness

Keep it B-series boh!

For a while, perhaps :D

Soldato
https://www.thebalvenie.com/stories/the-week-of-peat/

Absolutely love this stuff. Ardbeg Uigedail is one of my favourite whiskies, and as far as non-peated whiskies go, I think that the Balvenie stuff is top-notch, so when I saw that they had created an "Ardbeg-level" peated Balvenie, I had to buy it. Definitely one of my favourites now!

Off to Scotland tomorrow for a week, so I'm sure I'll be trying more whiskys up there - but I really struggle to enjoy anything peated; it smells like burnt damp leather, and tasts much the same - a bit like a corked red wine. My Wife even got me a lovely set of samples last Christmas, but I really struggled to drink the peated ones.

Soldato
Off to Scotland tomorrow for a week, so I'm sure I'll be trying more whiskys up there - but I really struggle to enjoy anything peated; it smells like burnt damp leather, and tasts much the same - a bit like a corked red wine. My Wife even got me a lovely set of samples last Christmas, but I really struggled to drink the peated ones.
I'm similarly averse to peaty whisky - I find Speysides to be a reliably non-peaty region to buy from (I may have just got lucky though!).

Soldato
I bought the first version earlier this year when I started cycling, they'd dropped the price to £100 from £150... apparently because the new version was just around the corner. They just did a challenge on Strava which got 20% off the product, so got the new version for £120.

View attachment jG3bT2R.jpg

Just used the once, but they do sound a bit better. A little bit closer to as good as in ear headphones.

Back
Top Bottom