Votes: 24 6.3%
  • No

Votes: 286 75.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 49 12.9%

• Total voters
Caporegime
OP
What does that gobbledegook even mean? It's still going to feel 30fps and the controller latency will still be 33ms minimum? I certainly wouldn't pay a monthly sub to play 30fps.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
What does that gobbledegook even mean? It's still going to feel 30fps and the controller latency will still be 33ms minimum? I certainly wouldn't pay a monthly sub to play 30fps.
But Rock and Troll says new consoles are all the same and it's a waste of money. Why not try something brand new and forward thinking? :p

Associate
The service and tech will obviously improve. Like it or not, long term streaming is where gaming is going and will be determined by the masses. Not by a bunch of plebs typing on a forum.

At least this doing something different. Streaming, along with VR is what i'm excited about in gaming, personally.

I look at the PS5 and what we know about that device and i'm snoring before it's even out. In fact, from a console perspective, i'm more interested in xCloud and what MS are going to be doing in this area.

Associate
So now they are claiming it will feel faster and more responsive than local hardware.

How is that even possible?

It's more or less impossible. I don't see how the latency between pressing a button, it being transmitted wireless from the pad or via cable if a usb controller is used and processed by the console to put the image on screen is going to be slower than it having to do the same but out to Google's DC and back again to your Chromecast.

The simple fact is there are more 'hops' added in with streaming a service; they may well be able to reduce the latency with clever packetization and prioritization to the point it doesn't really matter and us mere mortals can't actually see or feel the latency but it simply cannot be faster than a local connection - fact.

Shawrey

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
The service and tech will obviously improve. Like it or not, long term streaming is where gaming is going and will be determined by the masses. Not by a bunch of plebs typing on a forum.

At least this doing something different. Streaming, along with VR is what i'm excited about in gaming, personally.

I look at the PS5 and what we know about that device and i'm snoring before it's even out. In fact, from a console perspective, i'm more interested in xCloud and what MS are going to be doing in this area.
Did you read the Wikipedia link I showed you? Lol

Caporegime
So I have to pay full price for my games, and still have to pay £8.99 a month to play them any higher than 1080p?

Yeah right lol, I’m out.

I’ll give this a year or two at most before google wrap it up.

Soldato
Lots of Nostradamus-like predictions dressed up as facts in this thread.

Interested to see how it plays out and guess what? I have no clue whether it'll be a success or not. No one does.

Man of Honour

Imagine just how vomit inducing that would be with image compression messing up the stereoscopic image and input lag!

If there's one thing that absolutely required local hardware, it's virtual reality.

Associate
Convenience is everything for the demographic Stadia is going after. Blu-Ray offers better image quality than Netflix streaming, but the mass market doesn't care. It's all about consuming content. Stadia will be no different, lag or not.

Also, for those that tried and tested the games on the platform, they could barely tell a difference between dedicated hardware and what they were playing on Stadia with the required connection. Edge magazine liked it a lot and the controller too. It's not all doom and gloom.

It really all depends on your needs, in order to match Stadia's graphical output in the console space you will have to get a PS5 or Xbox which will immediately set you back £400-£500 (estimated) and then pay a monthly figure to play/gain access online content, etc.

You could see why Stadia would be extremely compelling to a lot of consumers since it mitigates a lot of the costs involved to play AAA games.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom