What the Health Documentary on Netlifx.

Soldato
That's not the point though. The meat and dairy industry is so badly contaminated compared to then, its literally killing us. Your comment is null and void.

Yes I'm sure the steak I had last night is so different from the Steak back through the ages. Poisonous stuff they sell in the supermarkets. How do we even let them get away with it.... lol.

Soldato
I have a friend who farts A LOT. He eats dairy, and we’ve spent a few days together recently eating the same stuff. Except I don’t eat dairy as I’m intolerant. I’ve got Crohn’s disease, but rarely fart. He stinks...

I’m convinced it’s the dairy. Some guys in my band also stink, and they eat dairy.

Could just be me, but I don’t fart much since becoming lactose intolerant and removing it from my diet.

Caporegime
Ding ding ding. I missed that one - ‘over my head’ Nothing you say goes over anyone’s head fella, your as repetitive and obvious as Big Ben.

*you're

And yes it seemingly did, you quoted me multiple times in order to give an uninformative answer to a question I hadn't even asked of you even after being told that I'd seen the answer you'd quoted and it wasn't what I was after...

Soldato
I watched this the other day, I'm not sure if what they portray in this documentary is a case to totally quit milk and dairy, but it was very convincing.

The argument was that simple ingesting meat is deadly for us, it causes an immediate immune response in our body that is negative to our health, if you watch it or have already watch it, you'll know what I mean.

Also things like milk just totally disastrous with all the hormones in it, now I'm no way some crazy vegan trying to push a plant based diet (I've literally just had chicken tikka pasta with mayonnaise), BUT...

Perhaps dairy and meat is the reason for a lot of diabetes and cancer, and it's all covered up because of the amount of money these industries make.

A lot of studies by the big companies against diabetes, heart disease in the USA were advertising healthy diets with meat and dairy, it was found that their sponsors giving amounts in the millions were the big pharmas, meat corps and national egg assoc.

I'm not sure what to think, I'd certainly be worried about eating things that damage my health and are the equivalent of "smoking cigarettes".

I realised all what your saying a while ago, it makes sense, just follow the money.

We're not baby cows so why would we be designed to digest enormous amounts of cow milk? No more than we'd consume litres of human milk per week? As an adult it's likely to mess up your stomach eventually.

To me it's also clear we evolved to eat plants, perhaps with a smattering of meat extremely occasionally - as emergency survival calories.

As far as I am aware there are no meat eating apes (other than recent humanity)

Soldato
*you're

And yes it seemingly did, you quoted me multiple times in order to give an uninformative answer to a question I hadn't even asked of you even after being told that I'd seen the answer you'd quoted and it wasn't what I was after...
That’s your move now is it, grammar/spell checking? Feeling smug with yourself cause you got that little snippet to cling on to in order to feel better about yourself? Good lad, keep being predictable. :D
And no, not at all, nothing you posted went over my head. I knew exactly what you were asking every single time but you’re just too blinded by your incessant need to be correct to see your initial post was open to a bit of joviality. Perhaps you felt offended by my poor attempt at a bit of ribbing at your expense?
The answer you got was the answer to your question, each and every time. If you wanted a different answer ask a different question. As indeed you finally did.
On a side note, for someone who wants to draw attention to a grammar or spelling faux pas perhaps you should take a wander back over some of your own posts and correct your regular misspelling of the term per se. You know what they ‘per say’ about those in glass houses. :D

Man of Honour
Netflix itself puts it into the "conspiracy theory" category.... And quickly skimming it and looking at reviews/articles about it, the common theme on it is:

Debunking What the Health, the buzzy new documentary that wants you to be vegan
The film on Netflix mischaracterizes what we know about food and disease.

And

What the Health cherry-picks and misreports studies to make the case for veganism

Could go on...

Essentially it is a whole load of trollop and only takes up space on Netflix because money is to be made.

It's one of those documentaries designed specifically for those who believe whatever they're told by the box in front of their face. The easily susceptible.

Caporegime
I drink about 6 pints of full fat milk a day and I'm the healthiest I've ever been. Drinking a lot of milk is beneficial, and Netflix vegan propaganda isn't going to change my mind any time soon.

Caporegime
And no, not at all, nothing you posted went over my head.

It clearly did as you kept on replying while simultaneously missing the point/not actually answering the question that wasn't even asked of you in the first place... now you're still replying to me but seemingly because you're a bit miffed about the whole thing. Bit of a pointless waste of time tbh.. why not try discussing things in good faith?

OP made some dubious and vague claims, I asked about them as they sounded like a load of BS and you couldn't answer but instead pointlessly re-quoted the OP as you'd missed the point entirely.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Oh I forgot, the one ting that threw me was the woman that was almost bed bound on millions of different meds, after 2 weeks of a plant based diet was right as rain walking about all jolly outside.

I guess the link above defiantly has some points, it was bloody scary! Might as well have been a mild horror movie.

Caporegime
Oh I forgot, the one ting that threw me was the woman that was almost bed bound on millions of different meds, after 2 weeks of a plant based diet was right as rain walking about all jolly outside.

I guess the link above defiantly has some points, it was bloody scary! Might as well have been a mild horror movie.

Vegans don't have facts, so they rely on emotivism.

Soldato
Didn't watch the doc but this **** around meat and diary has been known for a long time now but like sugar, fast food and all of lifestyle junk habits it wont stop people from consuming and generally not caring about their health until they end up in hospital.

a lot of the population ego eat

Soldato
It clearly did as you kept on replying while simultaneously missing the point/not actually answering the question that wasn't even asked of you in the first place... now you're still replying to me but seemingly because you're a bit miffed about the whole thing. Bit of a pointless waste of time tbh.. why not try discussing things in good faith?

OP made some dubious and vague claims, I asked about them as they sounded like a load of BS and you couldn't answer but instead pointlessly re-quoted the OP as you'd missed the point entirely.
whatever - you keep telling yourself i missed the point of your stupid little question. you keep telling yourself that, even though i acknowledged what i was doing long before your only fall back was 'ohh my super clever question went over you head' (yes i paraphrased there before you try to jump on that as some sort of point you scored, like your laughably sad grammar/spelling attempt) you keep telling yourself that i missed your point if it makes you feel clever or smart. you keep clinging to that belief if you must.

Soldato
I drink about 6 pints of full fat milk a day and I'm the healthiest I've ever been. Drinking a lot of milk is beneficial, and Netflix vegan propaganda isn't going to change my mind any time soon.

But why would you want to drink a baby calfs food? You can't honestly think a food source that evolved to feed an infant cow means it's automatically good for a human ape?

Genuinely baffled.

The human body is amazing in that it can run off almost any calories, it doesn't mean it's good for you long term.

I'm curious how many people on this forum have family members aged 50-70 with serious health issues? Heart attacks, cancer etc

Soldato
Chimpanzees hunt, kill and eat other monkeys...

No they don't...they kill other monkeys in territory disputes over feeding grounds or violent disputes.....on a rare occasion they will eat a smaller monkey.

97% of their diet is plant's, the rest is insects.

Why would you highlight something a chimp does for probably less than 0.01% of its entire life and ignore that it eats plants nearly always?

I don't understand?

Caporegime
But why would you want to drink a baby calfs food?

Because it contains a ton of nutrition that's great for humans. Hello calcium!

You can't honestly think a food source that evolved to feed an infant cow means it's automatically good for a human ape?

Of course it doesn't automatically mean that, but we tried the stuff and it turned out to be good for us after all, which is why humans have been happily drinking it for thousands of years.

Last edited:
Caporegime
97% of their diet is plant's, the rest is insects.

Nope.

One of the earliest and most significant discoveries made by Jane Goodall was that chimpanzees hunt for and eat meat.

Prior to this, chimpanzees were believed to be vegetarians. However, meat and other animal products can account for 6% of a chimpanzee’s diet.

Interestingly, successful hunters typically share some portion of their kill with other group members in response to a variety of begging behaviours.

(Source).

Caporegime
whatever - you keep telling yourself i missed the point of your stupid little question. you keep telling yourself that, even though i acknowledged what i was doing long before your only fall back was 'ohh my super clever question went over you head' (yes i paraphrased there before you try to jump on that as some sort of point you scored, like your laughably sad grammar/spelling attempt) you keep telling yourself that i missed your point if it makes you feel clever or smart. you keep clinging to that belief if you must.

It was quite a reasonable question, it wasn’t aimed at you, you insisted on answering it multiple times in a deliberately unhelpful manner even. I don’t know why asking a question offended you so much but you’re being rather weird here tbh...

Back
Top Bottom