Discord holding account hostage until I give them a phone number?

Soldato
lVcML8W.png

Apparently, their system as "accurately" flagged the account for verification.

Their almost useless support confirmed they will not do anything to assist with the account until I give them a phone number.

The question of "how do they make money" I think is now answered.

Heck, I can recover a Paypal account without a phone number.

Want to chat online, HECK NO.

I will no longer be using their services.

Permabanned
But it was just voice comms, See how bloated it becomes once successful? I hate all this crap of logins sheesh the old days were so easy and unbloated.

Soldato
Most of you are jumping on the fella, but I agree. My Discord isn't exactly chock full of private information, why do they need a phone number?

I'm quite sick of giving up privacy inch by inch in the name of convenience. Data is the biggest earner, hell it's the business model, for most new companies these days.

Soldato
Your phone number is likely the hardest thing too compromise (compared to email for example) so if they think your account has been compromised it seems reasonable.

Recover it then enable 2FA with a digital authentication method.

Soldato
Most of you are jumping on the fella, but I agree. My Discord isn't exactly chock full of private information, why do they need a phone number?

I'm quite sick of giving up privacy inch by inch in the name of convenience. Data is the biggest earner, hell it's the business model, for most new companies these days.

Discord has a store.

Back
Top Bottom