• iPhone 11 Pro - 512Gb

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max - 64Gb

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max - 256Gb

Votes: 41 13.7%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max - 512Gb

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Too expensive,, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 51 17.0%
  • Not interested, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 109 36.3%

• Total voters
Associate
Same issue on EE recently. We have the 11 Pro and Pro Max - sometimes, good signal but data just doesn’t load.

Switched out the Pro Max due to another reason but the same issue with signal remains.

So the problem is with EE.

Soldato
Same issue on EE recently. We have the 11 Pro and Pro Max - sometimes, good signal but data just doesn’t load.

Switched out the Pro Max due to another reason but the same issue with signal remains.

Same issue too but on an Android phone so yeah EE related not iPhone related.

Associate
So after having my 6s from launch I finally upgraded to an 11 Pro. Face ID is surprisingly good.

Does anyone find getting to the camera from the lock screen a bit rubbish? I feel a swipe would be quicker, the haptic touch seems to take an age.

Soldato
So after having my 6s from launch I finally upgraded to an 11 Pro. Face ID is surprisingly good.

Does anyone find getting to the camera from the lock screen a bit rubbish? I feel a swipe would be quicker, the haptic touch seems to take an age.
Not noticed the camera app lagging or opening slowly tbh, seems ok to me.

Associate
So after 10 years on Android and 8 years on nothing but Samsung galaxy and Note phones. I bought my first iphone on the intent on using it as an everyday phone. I only got it yesterday after going to the Apple store. I think the reason I got it mainly is the well documented battery life above all else. I have both the Note 10 plus 5g and s10 plus and both are perfectly fine battery life usage wise for my usage. But having a phone with even longer battery life at least in my mind made more sense to me. And the pre mentioned phones are no slouches in that department.

I wasn't sure what to expect to be totally honest but for the most part have been pleasantly surprised. And there were other things that took me by surprised that I didn't like but I am sure that will be re-evaluated when I have owned the phone longer. So a few things stood out for me from using the Note 10 plus 5g.

While it uses the same panel as the Note 10 and disregarding the notch versus the single hole punch on the Note 10 (The notch doesn't bother me as I thought it first would although it still be nice if it wasn't there.) Currently any form of media consumption or gaming I prefer the Note 10 hands down at the moment but we will see if this changes as time of ownership increases. I put this down to two things. Size and the way Samsung panels in Samsung phones portray images, video etc the over saturation, and the way colours jump out at you, makes it very hard to take the iphone panel over the samsungs even though they are the same panels. And even if I took out the size ratio out of the equation to switching to my s10 plus I would still take that. Although one could argue that the iphone panel represents a more natural colour representation compared to Samsungs.

While we are talking about media consumption, gaming etc I do like the iphone sound over the N10+ while the latter has Dolby atmos (which I think is stupid on a phone anyways) the iphone has more body to the sound and does a better job of convincing surround sound. Although I haven't compared it to my s10+ and I preferred the sound on that over the N10+.

And of course we get to the camera. I don't take a lot of pics like once in a blue moon, I don't Vlog and I for sure don't do the selfie thing But I have tried the night mode and I thought it was better on the iphone although I find the Samsung blows. I went into a pitch black room no lights or any form of lighting coming from a window outside etc. But I found if I just use the normal camera on the N10+ with the flash on it was sharper and there was more detail on the N10+ the iphone image was softer. Also looking at the flash the iphone is brighter and pure white while the N10+ was dimmer and warmer shade of white if you get what I mean.

And for me that most important aspect the battery. When I got home from the Apple store I had pre conceptions of the battery life of the iphone from watching youtube and reading the reviews from the internet. So I charged it till full at 5pm and started to use it while keeping a watchful eye over the battery. It didn't feel anything special while I was using the phone. Maybe it was placebo or what not sure it felt like it would last longer but not significantly longer than the N10+. Feeling a bit underwhelmed and putting it down to overzealous youtubers overhyping the battery life I stopped watching the battery level and I remembered to apply the patch for it which gave it dark mode and one of the fixes was improved battery life. Carried it on using it for quite a bit like as if I was using my N10+, went to work (which funnily enough while owning 4 phones forgot to take any of them so was phoneless at work) came back and was amazed it was still on 63%. So was it the patch or just of the case of stopped watching the battery levels constantly and pre judging it against my N10+? I don't know nor care, I am very happy about it now. It does come with a 18w fast charger which I believe for Apple users is a first. But in regards to charging the Sammys are way ahead of Apple shipping with 25w charger for the N10+ and a 15w charger for the S10+ and even though the Iphone has a lower capacity battery I find they charge faster.

I also have the official samsung fast wireless charger which I do believe is 15w fast wireless charging which I use almost all of the time and it still faster on the Samsungs although this could be down to a compatibility issue although I don't think so.

But there are 3 things that really aggravate me at the moment but that's to be expected after 8 years on Samsung phones. Time will only tell if I can get use to it.

1, The keyboard. 5 years ago if you asked me which phone had the best typing experience I would have said Iphone. But after using the Samsung keyboard for so long I am so use to it, it kinda tricky to get use to iphone in 1 day. The N10+ has a typing experience I truly love even over the s10+ as the vibration feedback motor feels different. I don't where it is under iphone settings and it kinda offputing.

2, Weight. Even though the iphone is only 20 or so grams heavier over the N10+ I really notice it, and I really hate it. I can accept the N10+ as being on the heavy side as it a big phone. But to have a smaller phone weigh even heavier in my mind doesn't sit well with me.

Like I said this is only through 1-2 days of ownership and these could change besides the last one.

3. Storage for the price you pay. I get it Apple users are use to this but I am a first time owner. Being a Samsung user for a long time meant I could have what storage I wanted for the price you pay but also we had the micro sd option. I understand Apple dances to it own drumbeat and surely it own users could do with more but had to put up with it.

£900 got me the flagship at the time Galaxy S10+ with 128gb of storage.
£1100 got me the N10+ with 256gb.

But £1145 gets me the 11 Pro Max with 64gb. This I hate above all else it, compounded by the fact I got the 256gb version so it cost me £1300. I really wanted to get the 64gb version but you only get 5gb icloud storage.

But anyways sorry for the wall of text and hoping you are all enjoying your iphones 11. :)

Last edited:
Soldato

Are you using dual sim? I just disabled my physical sim and data started working again immediately.

Not an ideal fix as I use my phone for both work and personal lines

Associate
@GoRedwings19 thanks for the write up. Seems a bit odd to me switching ecosystem after such a long time. Why didn’t you just stay with Samsung?

I guess it would seem so. But it just like some long term Apple users switching to Android, the over familarity with the user interface the lack of customisation etc in the end they just fancy a change.

Same is true here although in a flawed sense. Samsung is one of the worst if not the worst in my experience for offering features that I would never use. Air gestures for example. So then why not phones like Huawei, One plus, pixel etc. I think it comes down to Android or to be more exact the very thing that make a person choose android over IOS is the very thing I am bored of. I just fancied a change. Sure there are things I miss from my Android phones but they are simplistic things that IOS could incorporate in a patch like the always on display.

Supr3me>I use a 15w wireless made by samsung. It also works to my surprise with the iphone. I have yet to use the 18w power brick as I don't think the 3w difference is large enough for me to use the power brick.

Associate
So after 10 years on Android and 8 years on nothing but Samsung galaxy and Note phones. I bought my first iphone on the intent on using it as an everyday phone. I only got it yesterday after going to the Apple store. I think the reason I got it mainly is the well documented battery life above all else. I have both the Note 10 plus 5g and s10 plus and both are perfectly fine battery life usage wise for my usage. But having a phone with even longer battery life at least in my mind made more sense to me. And the pre mentioned phones are no slouches in that department.

I wasn't sure what to expect to be totally honest but for the most part have been pleasantly surprised. And there were other things that took me by surprised that I didn't like but I am sure that will be re-evaluated when I have owned the phone longer. So a few things stood out for me from using the Note 10 plus 5g.

While it uses the same panel as the Note 10 and disregarding the notch versus the single hole punch on the Note 10 (The notch doesn't bother me as I thought it first would although it still be nice if it wasn't there.) Currently any form of media consumption or gaming I prefer the Note 10 hands down at the moment but we will see if this changes as time of ownership increases. I put this down to two things. Size and the way Samsung panels in Samsung phones portray images, video etc the over saturation, and the way colours jump out at you, makes it very hard to take the iphone panel over the samsungs even though they are the same panels. And even if I took out the size ratio out of the equation to switching to my s10 plus I would still take that. Although one could argue that the iphone panel represents a more natural colour representation compared to Samsungs.

While we are talking about media consumption, gaming etc I do like the iphone sound over the N10+ while the latter has Dolby atmos (which I think is stupid on a phone anyways) the iphone has more body to the sound and does a better job of convincing surround sound. Although I haven't compared it to my s10+ and I preferred the sound on that over the N10+.

And of course we get to the camera. I don't take a lot of pics like once in a blue moon, I don't Vlog and I for sure don't do the selfie thing But I have tried the night mode and I thought it was better on the iphone although I find the Samsung blows. I went into a pitch black room no lights or any form of lighting coming from a window outside etc. But I found if I just use the normal camera on the N10+ with the flash on it was sharper and there was more detail on the N10+ the iphone image was softer. Also looking at the flash the iphone is brighter and pure white while the N10+ was dimmer and warmer shade of white if you get what I mean.

And for me that most important aspect the battery. When I got home from the Apple store I had pre conceptions of the battery life of the iphone from watching youtube and reading the reviews from the internet. So I charged it till full at 5pm and started to use it while keeping a watchful eye over the battery. It didn't feel anything special while I was using the phone. Maybe it was placebo or what not sure it felt like it would last longer but not significantly longer than the N10+. Feeling a bit underwhelmed and putting it down to overzealous youtubers overhyping the battery life I stopped watching the battery level and I remembered to apply the patch for it which gave it dark mode and one of the fixes was improved battery life. Carried it on using it for quite a bit like as if I was using my N10+, went to work (which funnily enough while owning 4 phones forgot to take any of them so was phoneless at work) came back and was amazed it was still on 63%. So was it the patch or just of the case of stopped watching the battery levels constantly and pre judging it against my N10+? I don't know nor care, I am very happy about it now. It does come with a 18w fast charger which I believe for Apple users is a first. But in regards to charging the Sammys are way ahead of Apple shipping with 25w charger for the N10+ and a 15w charger for the S10+ and even though the Iphone has a lower capacity battery I find they charge faster.

I also have the official samsung fast wireless charger which I do believe is 15w fast wireless charging which I use almost all of the time and it still faster on the Samsungs although this could be down to a compatibility issue although I don't think so.

But there are 3 things that really aggravate me at the moment but that's to be expected after 8 years on Samsung phones. Time will only tell if I can get use to it.

1, The keyboard. 5 years ago if you asked me which phone had the best typing experience I would have said Iphone. But after using the Samsung keyboard for so long I am so use to it, it kinda tricky to get use to iphone in 1 day. The N10+ has a typing experience I truly love even over the s10+ as the vibration feedback motor feels different. I don't where it is under iphone settings and it kinda offputing.

2, Weight. Even though the iphone is only 20 or so grams heavier over the N10+ I really notice it, and I really hate it. I can accept the N10+ as being on the heavy side as it a big phone. But to have a smaller phone weigh even heavier in my mind doesn't sit well with me.

Like I said this is only through 1-2 days of ownership and these could change besides the last one.

3. Storage for the price you pay. I get it Apple users are use to this but I am a first time owner. Being a Samsung user for a long time meant I could have what storage I wanted for the price you pay but also we had the micro sd option. I understand Apple dances to it own drumbeat and surely it own users could do with more but had to put up with it.

£900 got me the flagship at the time Galaxy S10+ with 128gb of storage.
£1100 got me the N10+ with 256gb.

But £1145 gets me the 11 Pro Max with 64gb. This I hate above all else it, compounded by the fact I got the 256gb version so it cost me £1300. I really wanted to get the 64gb version but you only get 5gb icloud storage.

But anyways sorry for the wall of text and hoping you are all enjoying your iphones 11. :)

I don’t think you’ll last past the return window. In the past, I’ve done the same but the other way round. Loved the YouTube reviews, the customisation, the options like auto Wifi on/off when leaving home etc. but it’s the little things that always made me go back to my iPhone. Even though the Samsung has the better saturated screen, world class charging and nice designs - the pull back to the iPhone was too strong, especially when a device is released.

I suspect it will be the same for you but good on you for giving it a try.

Soldato

I really appreciate the write up. I was considering asking for comments from people who had moved from an 11 Pro Max to a Note 10+ or vice versa, but thought I wouldn’t get a response so it’s great that you’ve posted this.

I have an iPhone XS and want a larger phone. I hope you update this thread with your experiences as you get used to iOS over the coming days so I can learn if I need to go to a Note or an 11 Pro Max. Rest assured I will be reading!

Soldato
I really appreciate the write up. I was considering asking for comments from people who had moved from an 11 Pro Max to a Note 10+ or vice versa, but thought I wouldn’t get a response so it’s great that you’ve posted this.

I have an iPhone XS and want a larger phone. I hope you update this thread with your experiences as you get used to iOS over the coming days so I can learn if I need to go to a Note or an 11 Pro Max. Rest assured I will be reading!
I had a note 10 plus for a week lovely phone but wasn’t for me felt the os got bloated too quickly and often so had to shut down and restart. Also to get to things in setting was long winded.

IOS 13 is just brilliant and works. It very fluid and quick IMHO. Ok might not be able to have the ability to have themes etc but I rather have a quick fluid os than anything

Soldato
I had a note 10 plus for a week lovely phone but wasn’t for me felt the os got bloated too quickly and often so had to shut down and restart. Also to get to things in setting was long winded.

IOS 13 is just brilliant and works. It very fluid and quick IMHO. Ok might not be able to have the ability to have themes etc but I rather have a quick fluid os than anything

I’ve been trying to get into mobile games a bit more and I keep imagining how much better it will be with a stylus (I play one fingered stuff, not arcade games). And then I tell myself if I’m getting a big phone I might as well get a 6.8” screen instead of a 6.5” one.

And then I start worrying about sluggishness on the Note 10 and the anger I’ll feel when I find I can’t uninstall the preloaded Facebook etc. and then I’m back to the Pro Max once more. Rinse and repeat.

Back
Top Bottom