• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
So, now that I have ordered the following:

Ryzen 3600
Aorus X570 AORUS ELITE
Corsair 16gb 3200MHz CL16 RAM

What suggestions do you guys have when setting it up? I heard the latest bios solved a lot of issues and now everything boosts correctly. Is there anything I should be enabling/disabling in bios, Windows or ryzen master?

Will be cooling it with a dark rock pro 4. Not sure if I should bother manually overclocking. This cooler is obviously much better than the wraith cooler the cpu comes with, will that be enough for it to auto boost and stay at 4.2GHz on all cores?

Any tips would be appreciated :)

Associate

Ryzen 3600
Aorus X570 AORUS ELITE

What suggestions do you guys have when setting it up? I heard the latest bios solved a lot of issues and now everything boosts correctly. Is there anything I should be enabling/disabling in bios, Windows or ryzen master?

Will be cooling it with a dark rock pro 4. Not sure if I should bother manually overclocking. This cooler is obviously much better than the wraith cooler the cpu comes with, will that be enough for it to auto boost and stay at 4.2GHz on all cores?

Same board and CPU so any tips would be appreciated here too :)

Soldato
Not sure it'll stay on 4.2 GHz all cores. Manual overclocking probably benefits the R5 3600 the most out of the Zen 2 line-up, but it's still questionable if it's worth it.

Associate
This cooler is obviously much better than the wraith cooler the cpu comes with, will that be enough for it to auto boost and stay at 4.2GHz on all cores?

4.2Ghz is the max single core boost clock for R5 3600 so it will not boost all cores to that no matter what cooler you use.

Associate
Mine does 4.2 all core with 80% load on it, if you can keep temps below 60c which is mostly all the time when gaming with a good cooler.
Interesting. My 3700X wouldnt hit max boost clock at all no matter what load or temps it was running before abba microcode update. Now it hits 4.4Ghz on three cores on very low load but never when loading all cores.
Then again reaching max boost clock on low load on all cores is a bit pointless really.

Associate
I see. Fair enough. I will just leave everything on default at first any and see what's what.

Is using XMP on the RAM ok?

See if you can achieve 4.2GHz on all core using as little vcore. If, for example, you give it a Manual oc of positive offset set to 0.23XXv in BIOS, HWINFO might read it as 1.34+v. At load it will go down to about 1.32v. Check out this comparison.

https://i.imgur.com/MiuslWL.jpg

You won't see vcore jumping as high as when the cpu is set to default. Not that there is anything wrong with that as already explained by AMD. At load these two have similar temps. In my case, around 65c gaming.

Associate

Ryzen 3600
Aorus X570 AORUS ELITE

I had massive issues with that RAM (if its the corsair vengeance LPX). Couldn't get it to be stable at 3200, had to replace it.

Soldato
X570 Meg Ace. I sent the motherboard, ram, and cpu back to OC and they were able to narrow it down to the cpu. With my chip it will not post. Originally I had just sent my motherboard but there were no issues found, sent the rest and the cpu was the culprit.

Before I contacted OC I had tried multiple bios, ram, etc., configurations and it would not work, or randomly it would not work.

To give a bit more background. When I first put the system together I had experienced the same 3 long beep problem but after a bios reflash the system worked flawlessly for 1 month. After 1 month the problem returned and it quickly degraded to the point where the system was slower than my 4690k.

Just been through something similar. 3900x, plus a GB Aorus Pro. System bluescreened several times before just outputting no video, debug LED stopped on VGA during post. Tried the gpu in a different system, worked fine, moved ram around various slots just in case. Finally had the motherboard replaced, new one had the exact same issue, even after using the no-cpu bios flash option to try a couple of different versions just in case. Finally shipped the cpu back to OcUK, got the email today confirming I'll be sent a replacement. Now back in the long wait for them to come back into stock!
Bit of a shame it happened, but OcUK have been great dealing with it at least.

Soldato

Ryzen 3600
Aorus X570 AORUS ELITE

I’ve literally just got the exact same, even down to the cooler! Not put together yet, so keeping an eye on this (thumbs up emoji)

Soldato

Looks like next chips might be a decent increase again and for games.

Yep. No more CCXs that cuts down any communication latency significantly improving IPC around 10% or more. Especially the 8 cores will be running circles around the 9900KS even at 4.5Ghz. Let alone 4.8Ghz.
Also 20mil more transistors, part EUV process and new faster I/O at 7nm. (not 7nm+). Now that is interesting because reducing the I/O allows 3 8core chips to fit.

I wouldn't be surprised seen 24 core AM4 CPU next year.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Just an FYI.

Dropped all mine in today and enabled XMP, worked fine. Made sure I updated to the latest BIOS before I changed settings.
Thanks for that info. I just updated to the latest bios, before that I had xmp on and got a few lockups of windows where I had to restart so I turned xmp off.

Now that I have updated the bios will try xmp on again. Are you saying that with the old bios xmp did not work but now does with the new bios?

One thing I can say so far is my old ASUS Hero mobo has a much faster bios, this gigabyte one is a bit **** in comparison.

Right now running cinebench single core goes to 4192MHz and when running all cores they all run at 3942MHz and at 62C.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom