Spielberg & Hanks 3rd WW2 series

Soldato
O LAWD, that bomber flipping on to the other one, which then managed to maintain speed and altitude for a good 5 seconds......... Who thought that looked good when designing?! The force would rip both planes apart.

Caporegime
The plain flipping literally made me burst out laughing it was so bad. The shrapnel holes appearing basically everywhere just after he moves away from that point was daft. yes it's likely a stupid cheap version to sell it to a studio or something(dear god I hope), but as others say it feels like it will be mostly cgi battles with no real interest at all.

BOB was brilliant, Pacific by comparison was woeful, some eps were half decent, others were dire. Just about any trilogy gets worse as daft hollywood types focus on the wrong things. This reeks of "we want bigger battles and more explosions, less feelings and people looking sad, more blood, more gore, more american bravery/sentiment/patriotism, wooooooo" that will probably make it ****.

Soldato
With the acting being that poor (not BOB standard etc) I'm hoping it's a VFX studio's show-reel proving what they can do (maybe to get the contract for Mighty Eight) rather than some early footage of the actual show.

I hope!

Associate
Having just read Martin Middlebrook's book The Schweinfurt-Regensburg Mission it could be potentially, an epic film.

I hope it will not turn into a dodgy CGI fest. Whilst it will be impossible to recreate the scenes; all I would ask, the film is just not overdone with some maverick in a love triangle...

The events speak for themselves, it does not need a lantern jaw hero...

To be fair, the previous Hanks/Speilberg combo works very well. I hope the production crew take note of recent, low budget native films on Netflix/Amazon: The Captain etc.

Soldato
They've been trying to get a "Mighty 8th" Airforce story out of development hell for years, hopefully this'll have both the production and casting standards set by the previous 2 Hanks/Spielberg produced series.

Soldato
Given the success of the previous two and the fact Netflix will throw money at a story written on a napkin. I'm amazed that this has been stuck for over 7years and Apple were the people who stepped up.
Just get on with it please. It's going to be amazing.

Soldato
Pacific is great. You just have to have knowledge of the difference between the European campaign (which we do as British) and what the American experienced in the Pacific. They were so different and hence the more grim, soul destroying feeling you get from Pacific. It's easily as good as BOB but different.

Permabanned
Pacific is great. You just have to have knowledge of the difference between the European campaign (which we do as British) and what the American experienced in the Pacific. They were so different and hence the more grim, soul destroying feeling you get from Pacific. It's easily as good as BOB but different.

Grounding the biggest battleship ever Yamato just for naval gun use and to be unsinkable as a last suicde act wow. They chose really poor source material but something really gritty based towards Japanese suicide attacks is still the highest potential. I reckon if they did it right it wouls be the most true, Shocking, And best film on war ever. Because nothing like that crazy crap looks likely again.

I mean they were going to arm the Grannys with bamboo spears for god sake.

Underboss
Been hearing Mighty 8th rumours for years. Glad this is coming to fruition, BOB remains my favourite ever series.

I’m due my yearly rewatch soon.

Back
Top Bottom