Spec me a pressure washer.

Soldato
as the title, my nilfisk titan xtra blew up. 2 months after warranty expired which is typical. motor started slowing down and smoke starting coming out and i turned it off straight away.
i dunno if parts are available to repair these things too otherwise id just get a new motor in it.
wondering if i should go with a cheapo petrol powered one, but then i wont be able to use all my nilfisk accessories etc.

i seen this petrol one that seems to be a decent price. https://www.parkerbrand.co.uk/petrol-pressure-jet-washer-6-5hp-engine-3100-psi
what you guys think? or should i stick with electric? and if so whats good value for money that will work with my nilfisk accessories.

Associate
I have a Karcher k7.85 which I bought off ebay in 2007 and it still serves me well. I think it has a aluminium motor or something. Anyway it’s only had to be repaired once for a valve. Probably one of those items bought years ago built to last more than 2 years.

Soldato
I just need to use it twice a year to clean block paving in garden
can you relaistically use it for block paving ? I never have (Karcher k720m ~ 2000) because you end up stripping the grout, even at an oblique angle,
similarly for surface cast concrete textured slabs, out the back ... so even thought it's fun, a gentle pre-clean/soak with ammonia better.

looks like you can buy nifisk<->karcher convertors

Soldato
I'd probably get another Nilfisk. Really happy with mine, maybe you just had a bit of bad luck. Worth contacting them first.

Only thing I would say is if there's one with the reel for the hose (from washer to lance) I wouldn't bother with it. Mine's a pain in the bum, it coils the hose way too tight and makes it difficult to use once you've unravelled it.

Soldato
I'd probably get another Nilfisk. Really happy with mine, maybe you just had a bit of bad luck. Worth contacting them first.

Only thing I would say is if there's one with the reel for the hose (from washer to lance) I wouldn't bother with it. Mine's a pain in the bum, it coils the hose way too tight and makes it difficult to use once you've unravelled it.

That just means the hose is rubbish mine comes off the reel perfectly straight.

Soldato
as the title, my nilfisk titan xtra blew up. 2 months after warranty expired which is typical. motor started slowing down and smoke starting coming out and i turned it off straight away.
i dunno if parts are available to repair these things too otherwise id just get a new motor in it.
wondering if i should go with a cheapo petrol powered one, but then i wont be able to use all my nilfisk accessories etc.

i seen this petrol one that seems to be a decent price. https://www.parkerbrand.co.uk/petrol-pressure-jet-washer-6-5hp-engine-3100-psi
what you guys think? or should i stick with electric? and if so whats good value for money that will work with my nilfisk accessories.

That petrol one is a generic Chinese model. Absolutely nothing wrong with that but just pointing it out to you. I own a couple of petrol washers as well as an electric Karcher and I’d go for the petrol ones any day. They’re far more powerful for a kick off!

I’d personally go for this one - https://www.parkerbrand.co.uk/petrol-pressure-jet-washer-6-5hp-engine-2900-psi as it’s a bit more flexible with regards to being able to use a snow foam dispenser and a turbo nozzle if you ever need either.

Back
Top Bottom