Breaking Bad Movie - "El Camino"

Associate
Just finished watching, and overall it was decent if not spectacular and not strictly necessary. Visually it was excellent as you'd expect from anything related to this series.

Soldato
Just finished watching and looking forward to watching it again. Got up at 5:30am to get this in before work. (I'm in the US) Funny enough i saw an El Camino on my drive into work. I think they did an excellent job. As ^^ said not strictly necessary, but glad it happened.

Soldato
OK - so it is not going to ruin nostalgic memories of BB ?

(not giving the plot away , but he doesn't start working on the Nike Oregon 'project')

Soldato
OP
Few mates messaged and said its pretty good but wont get chance to watch until tomorrow :(

However Joker in the morning, this in the evening, excited for tomorrow.

EDIT: Was just getting well confused looking for my posts in the other BB thread :D, MOD @EVH ...thread merge perhaps?

Last edited:
Sgarrista
Commissario
Excellent! Faithful to the series, it didn't step on toes or mess anything up, visually amazing, story quite visceral as well and tied up nicely.

Man of Honour
I'd say it was faithful to the series and doesn't ruin anything - ties up a few loose ends in an interesting way. I don't get the relatively high praise it gets though it was OK but I didn't think amazing - the second half they could have done a lot more with - especially it starts as if it is going to end on a different note.

Soldato
I enjoyed it but it wasn't amazing. Nice to see the cast back together and to fill some holes but unlikely to go back and watch again if I ever watch bb through again in the future.

Man of Honour
Watched it last night and found it to pretty slow and pointless.

The original series ended perfectly fine for me. I've watched the show through twice and at no point have I been wondering what happened to Jesse.

He escaped and I already assumed that he would've used the vacuum cleaner guy to start a new life. Everything else in the film was just unnecessary filler.

I can't believe they delayed the final season of Better Call Saul to make this film instead.

If anything the film potentially taints what I consider the best TV show ever made.

Last edited:
Associate
Even as a huge huge BB fan (I would say it's one of the greatest tv shows ever made), I just don't know why this exists. It's not a story I was yearning to find out how it all tied up. Jesse's end was fine as it was in BB.

Overall I found this very average.

the whole Todd story went on far too long.

I did get oddly emotional though

at the cafe scene. It hit me like a ton of bricks and completely took me back to the feeling I had watching the first few seasons, and how incredible it was.

Back
Top Bottom