What the Health Documentary on Netlifx.

Soldato
I watched this the other day, I'm not sure if what they portray in this documentary is a case to totally quit milk and dairy, but it was very convincing.

The argument was that simple ingesting meat is deadly for us, it causes an immediate immune response in our body that is negative to our health, if you watch it or have already watch it, you'll know what I mean.

Also things like milk just totally disastrous with all the hormones in it, now I'm no way some crazy vegan trying to push a plant based diet (I've literally just had chicken tikka pasta with mayonnaise), BUT...

Perhaps dairy and meat is the reason for a lot of diabetes and cancer, and it's all covered up because of the amount of money these industries make.

A lot of studies by the big companies against diabetes, heart disease in the USA were advertising healthy diets with meat and dairy, it was found that their sponsors giving amounts in the millions were the big pharmas, meat corps and national egg assoc.

I'm not sure what to think, I'd certainly be worried about eating things that damage my health and are the equivalent of "smoking cigarettes".

its nonsense, ignore it

Caporegime
its nonsense, ignore it

It certainly sounds like it is nonsense. I was curious about the allegations made in the OP but so far no (useful) answers have been forthcoming. I'm not sure I want to sit through an entire trash documentary though.

Soldato
@Thekwango What do you actually want to achieve here - I've had repeated notifications from you? First you completely miss the point then when it is explained to you with a simple example you pretend that the earlier posts were just a joke and now you're repeatedly popping back in to have a go at me?

What do you actually want here?
What do I want here? It’s right there in virtually every single recent post. Leave out the insults. You explained nothing I didn’t already know. The only person at fault was you for missing the admittedly crappy joke. Nothing about your question went over my head. Nothing. You’re too stubborn and down right rude and obnoxious to either accept or admit that. You missed the joke, fair enough, probably wasn’t a very good one. But your incessant need to slip in insults and be obnoxious will lead me to continually reply. You need to justify your obnoxiousness by constantly stating that I missed the point of your question. I’ve repeatedly told you I haven’t. Your question was completely typical so it was perfectly easy to understand what you were asking. I tried to make a quip out of it, that was all. You kept asking the same question so I kept repeating the answer. Whether you want to believe that or not is irrelevant. The bigger issue is your need to be rude and insulting. I will keep telling you that each time you reply with your gutless snidey replies. Your faux shock at why I am replying is just that, faux. Fake.
Keeping being insulting I will keep replying and highlighting it.

Caporegime
@Thekwango I might remind you that I entered this thread to ask questions of the OP/actually discuss the topic - you replied to those questions with some rather unhelpful replies that you now say were apparently "jokes" and you're now repeatedly quoting me to vent a bit. I've not insulted you, I've simply replied to the repeat notifications I've had from you, that's all.

Now if you want to perhaps attempt to discuss the topic that might be a a better use of the thread. I'm quite aware by now that you seemingly don't like me and/or are somehow offended by my posts so I don't really need yet another rant from that perspective.

Soldato
@Thekwango I might remind you that I entered this thread to ask questions of the OP/actually discuss the topic - you replied to those questions with some rather unhelpful replies that you now say were apparently "jokes" and you're now repeatedly quoting me to vent a bit. I've not insulted you, I've simply replied to the repeat notifications I've had from you, that's all.

Now if you want to perhaps attempt to discuss the topic that might be a a better use of the thread. I'm quite aware by now that you seemingly don't like me and/or are somehow offended by my posts so I don't really need yet another rant from that perspective.
I’ve repeatedly highlighted where the insult is within your snidey posts, not that I need to as you know exactly what you’re doing. Stop the insults, my replies stop. I have not ranted nor vented, I’ve quite simply highlighted, repeatedly, where your insults exist.
I’m not ‘now’ saying I was joking, I said it within minutes of you ‘fleshing’ out the post my original reply was jokingly mocking. Maybe that means I’m sharper in the uptake than you give me credit for. Maybe within a couple of minutes I realised what a clever boy you were and how stupid I was and created this entire masquerade of a joke to cover that up. How very machiavellian of me! Or maybe, you know, I was just ribbjng you a bit with my original post.

Nevertheless, stop the insults veiled or otherwise and my replies stop and the notifications you get from me stop.

Caporegime
@Thekwango so now it is "veiled insults" - or perhaps imaginary ones - it is a bit rich to accuse me of being snide when you seem to have been doing rather more of that yourself in your continued rants.

Any chance you might want to discuss the thread topic at all? I'll promise to keep things simple/as clear as possible so long as you at least let me know if any replies that seemingly miss the point are in fact "jokes".

Soldato
so now it is "veiled insults"
nope, been calling them that from pretty much the outset. and nothing imaginary about them. it's your 'goto' when you've nothing left which usually happens pretty sharpish.
I'll promise to keep things simple/as clear as possible
and there's another one. say like it is, say exactly what you want to say or do you not have the bottle. are you too scared of being suspended, what is it holding you back?

i would love us to continue this conversation in real life but alas that will never likely be the case. not because i want a physical confrontation with you but simply to see if this is how you behave in real life (i'd hazard a guess you most certainly don't)

you keep on sitting behind your keyboard feeling smug and clever. i'll keep on laughing at how your false bravado and obnoxious behaviour shows you up for the person you are.

Soldato
@Thekwango so no attempt to discuss the actual topic still?
nope, not with you. so keep clinging to your highground that it's me taking the thread of topic.
@ThekwangoI wouldn't - you're just ranting continually, are you even able to attempt to discuss the topic?
of course you wouldn't because the little bubble/fantasy world you live in would come rapidly crashing down round you. you wouldn't speak like this or behave this way face to face with me or any other person in real life. you've created this daft little persona for yourself that you hide behind when on the internet. this charade you present on here is too one dimensional and predicatable to be your genuine personality.

Caporegime
nope, not with you. so keep clinging to your highground that it's me taking the thread of topic.

It is, like I said before I entered the thread to discuss the topic - you replied to my questions with deliberately unhelpful "joke" replies. Now you've just made it all about some personal grudge you have towards me for whatever reason.

Soldato
Now you've just made it all about some personal grudge you have towards me for whatever reason.
i've stated my reasons on numerous occassions, so you can quit the fake confusion. i doubt you're fooling anyone. if someone wants to be rude and obnoxious towards my i will certainly take it personally.

Caporegime
The majority of all humans are lactose intolerant, western europeans are the most tolerent of all humans so likely why its not too common in these parts

Yep, about 65% of the world's human population is lactose intolerant. The rest of us are well adapted to it. So what?

If that 65% had a long history of using milk products like Europeans do, they would have adapted to it too.

Humans have been drinking animal milk since the Stone Age.

So using your own source, your saying chimps eat 94% plants? - great argument they primarily eat meat :D

I never claimed that they primarily eat meat. I was simply correcting your estimate of the amount of meat in their diet.

Associate
I haven't seen the documentary but for me, both the vegans and self described carnivores have gotten it wrong.

Humans are omnivores, it is irrefutable that we need meat due to the vitamin and mineral density (eg. Vit b12) but we also have a long/slow digestive system that is not designed to digest meat.

In terms of evolution we are likely to have needed meat to evolve such large and complex brains (well some of us), we are the number 1 animal in terms of exhaustion hunting in high temperatures, lactose intolerance is present but it is partially evolved out of most people.

Clearly we need meat, but likely in quantities much lower than most people eat.

My main protein sources are eggs, chicken and dairy. I've cut right back on red and processed meat (although that's up in the air now) and some days I don't consume animal protein at all. That does make me a flexitarian, it makes me an omnivore.

Associate
In terms of evolution we are likely to have needed meat to evolve such large and complex brains (well some of us), we are the number 1 animal in terms of exhaustion hunting in high temperatures, lactose intolerance is present but it is partially evolved out of most people.

The food came first, then brain development. The discovery of cooking meat allowed our species to unlock and easily digest vast amounts of nutrients in relatively small meals, leaving us more time for other development.

Other mammals entire lives revolves around the search for food in the case of hunters or sitting there chewing and digesting massive amounts of vegetation to gain small amounts of nutrients, like cows and apes (huge jaws and stomachs).

One thing vegans can't seem to answer is if humans are herbivores then why is it so difficult, as in nigh on impossible, to survive purely on foraging, yet you can survive comfortably hunting and eating animals in almost cave man conditions. You see it every year on programmes likes Bear Grylls where the islanders visibly wilt away without animal proteins.

To survive on a herbivore diet you need advanced farming, sourcing of plantation, fruit and seeds from all corners of the earth and increasingly highly complex supplements.

I applaud anyone who can be healthy on a vegan diet, but we as a species are not designed for it.

Back
Top Bottom