Gears 5 - out now

Soldato
I've got the game maxed I believe, I had Rivatuner statistics so I was amazed to see 60fps solid at 4k with my 2070S rig in sig.

I looked in settings as I remember it previously hitting low 30s and then realised the minimum FPS was set to 60, but, I'll be damned if I can notice a distinct difference in quality??? Still looks top notch.

Anyone else feel the same about thos setting.

Soldato
What are the main Horde changes from GoW4?
It's probably easier to just look at the Gears forums and behold the backlash.

Basically:
- Classes are locked to specific characters
No duplicate characters are allowed in lobbies. If someone else enters the lobby with the same charcter as you, it'll probably switch you to a character you didn't want to use.
You'll also be limited to buying a set list of weapons particular to your class from the fabricator, rather than choosing anything you like.
- Power can now be spent on upgrading personal perks. This generally leads to selfish gameplay, rather than helping the engineer to fortify.
- You get a lot less ammo in crates, meaning people fight over it

There's more, but those are essentially the key points. Perhaps some of them have been addressed since I last played.
Can't see myself going back to it. I'll stick with Gears4.

Associate
It's probably easier to just look at the Gears forums and behold the backlash.

Basically:
- Classes are locked to specific characters
No duplicate characters are allowed in lobbies. If someone else enters the lobby with the same charcter as you, it'll probably switch you to a character you didn't want to use.
You'll also be limited to buying a set list of weapons particular to your class from the fabricator, rather than choosing anything you like.
- Power can now be spent on upgrading personal perks. This generally leads to selfish gameplay, rather than helping the engineer to fortify.
- You get a lot less ammo in crates, meaning people fight over it

There's more, but those are essentially the key points. Perhaps some of them have been addressed since I last played.
Can't see myself going back to it. I'll stick with Gears4.

They are some...interesting changes :eek:

Associate
Hi all,

today after a month of playing fine my game will not run properly. I cannot get higher than 30ish FPS and even when benchmarking it is struggling.

Every other game on my system is fine. I have tried them, FPS is up as it should be on all games. I am not sure but GPU usage seems low on gears also but fine on other games. GPU seems to run about 27% out of 100% which is off.

I am playing on PC, never had this issue until today. Has anybody any ideas on a fix please?

Associate
Downloaded this using the xbox games pass thingy.

Played through the tutorial thing ok but now I can't get past the first cutscene in the campaign as it keeps freezing. :mad:

Associate
Hi all,

today after a month of playing fine my game will not run properly. I cannot get higher than 30ish FPS and even when benchmarking it is struggling.

Every other game on my system is fine. I have tried them, FPS is up as it should be on all games. I am not sure but GPU usage seems low on gears also but fine on other games. GPU seems to run about 27% out of 100% which is off.

I am playing on PC, never had this issue until today. Has anybody any ideas on a fix please?

By an chance are you using an Xbox controller connected via Bluetooth? If so, this seems to cause the stuttering issue as reported on other forum and connecting the controller over USB solved the problem for some.
I'm running on a 1080ti and have terrible stuttering at times, so I'm going to try this fix later (although this solution won't work great in my case as my PC is under my TV in the living room and my USB cable needs to reach from the couch to the TV unit!)

Associate
Just started to play this - runs great on my 1070. Getting 65 FPS on ultra settings at 1440p (I5 6600k processor and 16GB Ram).

I originally thought I'd have to run at medium settings due to my GPU & CPU getting a bit long in the tooth, but seems there is still some life left in them yet.

Associate
There is a game progression bug in Act 3 Chapter III where you have
to collect a beacon and bring it to Baird at the airport. It seems that the order in which you visit areas in this mission matters. In my case I visited the cosmonaut facility before the train sequence which causes a problem with Baird not appearing when you return to the airport.
I think the solution is to restart Chapter III and do things in a different order.

Associate
By an chance are you using an Xbox controller connected via Bluetooth? If so, this seems to cause the stuttering issue as reported on other forum and connecting the controller over USB solved the problem for some.
I'm running on a 1080ti and have terrible stuttering at times, so I'm going to try this fix later (although this solution won't work great in my case as my PC is under my TV in the living room and my USB cable needs to reach from the couch to the TV unit!)

No I run the controller via a USB lead.

Figured out what it was, it is the nvidia drivers. Seems the only stable one is an older 436.15 version!

Soldato
Just finished this, found it pretty darn good.

Enemy type did get a little repetitive and predictable & and from the final fight to the credit screen was like a 1 minute 20 second cut scene which made the ending very abrupt.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Just finished this, found it pretty darn good.

Enemy type did get a little repetitive and predictable & and from the final fight to the credit screen was like a 1 minute 20 second cut scene which made the ending very abrupt.
I think I just enjoy RPG’s. Coming from playing The Outer Worlds made playing this hard as it just seems like mindless shooting. Shoot shoot, cut scene, shoot shoot shoot, cut scene...

Soldato
Just finished gears 4 this morning. Purchased gamepass for a quid lol and now im downloading gears 5, by the looks of things i should be able to run this game on quite high settings bar RTX stuff. Im hoping this is better than gears 4 as that was definetly the weakest of the series so far.

Caporegime
It's much better, though playing it so close to Gears 4 there is a danger you might find it fairly samey, as the gears formula doesn't change a great deal really.

The skiff gives it some more variety and the locations are pretty varied this time round...there's less ******* robots as well.

There isn't any RTX stuff that I recall.

Back
Top Bottom