I have just been scammed out of s10+.

Associate
I need help. I just sold my s10+ to a guy off gumtree who just gave me a handful off counterfeit money. I need help in blocking the phone I have the IMEI number.

How do I go about this.? It was a unlocked phone bought from Very. As per sale I resetted the phone. The guy handed me the money folded in half and there was a real £20 note on top. When the gentleman left it dawned on me the money underneath were not kosher. I feel like such an idiot. I quickly ran out to chase him down but it is pitch black and raining heavy and he was no where to be seen.

Obviouly as it has been resetted I can't track it and therefore I need to block it. I can't ask my phone provider as I haven't used a sim card in it for ages or can I? I am on the three network.

And even more gullible I gave change as he didn't have exact amount....

Please help. Thanks.

Soldato
I need help. I just sold my s10+ to a guy off gumtree who just gave me a handful off counterfeit money. I need help in blocking the phone I have the IMEI number.

How do I go about this.? It was a unlocked phone bought from Very. As per sale I resetted the phone. The guy handed me the money folded in half and there was a real £20 note on top. When the gentleman left it dawned on me the money underneath were not kosher. I feel like such an idiot. I quickly ran out to chase him down but it is pitch black and raining heavy and he was no where to be seen.

Obviouly as it has been resetted I can't track it and therefore I need to block it. I can't ask my phone provider as I haven't used a sim card in it for ages or can I? I am on the three network.

Please help. Thanks.

sorry to hear about this mate.

does Very receipt show the imei?

how did the seller contact you? Seek help from gumtree if by email

Soldato

Please help. Thanks.

Why didn't you check all the notes before accepting them? What did the police say when you phoned them? You have phoned the police, right?

VoG

VoG

Soldato
You didn't count the money out? Crikey.

The scumbag sure had some balls to even attempt that.

Probably a god send tbh, given the bloke had the brass balls to try it on i suspect if the op had noticed the dodgy dosh the scumbag would've either snatched it & done a runner, banged him one, snatched it then done a runner, or stabbed him, snatched it then done a runner.

Associate
OP
So I have reported it and a crime reference number has been given to me. Spoke to the three network and initially the person told me it couldn't and passed me onto Samsung. Phoned Samsung and told me only network providers can issue the IMEI block. So the nice lady at Samsung phoned three on my behalf and explained the situation and a very nice gentleman called Javad (sp?) took my details to confirm the three account and issued the IMEI block although he did tell me it would take 24/48 hours to go through.

JUst hope it gets blocked before any sale of it goes through thus saving some other poor soul. And I don;t think it will end up outside Cardiff but you never know so if some guy tries to sell you a Samsung s10+ black with the IMEI number 354652107166746 then avoid as it has a block put on it.
Thanks for all the advice guys and you all have a good weekend.

Soldato
So I have reported it and a crime reference number has been given to me. Spoke to the three network and initially the person told me it couldn't and passed me onto Samsung. Phoned Samsung and told me only network providers can issue the IMEI block. So the nice lady at Samsung phoned three on my behalf and explained the situation and a very nice gentleman called Javad (sp?) took my details to confirm the three account and issued the IMEI block although he did tell me it would take 24/48 hours to go through.

JUst hope it gets blocked before any sale of it goes through thus saving some other poor soul. And I don;t think it will end up outside Cardiff but you never know so if some guy tries to sell you a Samsung s10+ black with the IMEI number 354652107166746 then avoid as it has a block put on it.
Thanks for all the advice guys and you all have a good weekend.
Nice one mate.

Is it insured? If so, time would claim

Soldato
How does blocking a phone work, do you have to prove you owned the phone.
What stops you just randomly blocking someone's phone.
How can you unblock them?

Soldato
How does blocking a phone work, do you have to prove you owned the phone.
What stops you just randomly blocking someone's phone.
How can you unblock them?
Normally you wouldn't have the persons IMEI number so you wouldn't be able to block it. You should always record your own phones IMEI number.

Back
Top Bottom