Noctua introduces chromax.black CPU coolers

Associate
In development, there is a picture of the fan floating around

Actually, I "think" that's just the fan (A12x25), no A14x25 yet as thats still work in progress, and the black version of that will take even longer to turn up. I don't think we've seen the U12A cooler itself in black so far. Unless I've missed it along the way. Also might be a bit tough to do considering that its 7 pipes are basically the entire base itself. So it might take a while longer for that one to arrive if at all possible (to keep same characteristics as normal ones).

Soldato
Actually, I "think" that's just the fan (A12x25), no A14x25 yet as thats still work in progress, and the black version of that will take even longer to turn up. I don't think we've seen the U12A cooler itself in black so far. Unless I've missed it along the way. Also might be a bit tough to do considering that its 7 pipes are basically the entire base itself. So it might take a while longer for that one to arrive if at all possible (to keep same characteristics as normal ones).

Yes sorry it's just the fan in the picture, it's a strange colour too because of the material not really all black

Not sure the cooler itself will ever make an appearance like you say

Associate
I did not release that but the one I seen was silver.

Yeah, that's the normal U12A that @Relentless81 and I both have (well, I certainly have, but not 100% certain about Relentless81, I think they do from what they wrote there. :) ), that's the normal Nickel plated silvery looking version. There's no Black version of that as far as I can tell, as the ones being offered in black now are the ones where they can fit the heatpipes they use with space to spare on the cooling plate base they attach too so its easier to solder on. But the U12A is a bit of a different story. Unlike the D15S or the U12S, which sports 6 and 5 Heatpipes, the U12A sports 7. And it is litterally edge to edge on the plate to which it solders onto. I doubt they have an easy way to do that U12A in Black as the Soldering of items that close likely will cause the black colouring to come off, or cause other issues that impact its cooling ability.

Permabanned
OP
Yes I know its the 120mm cooler claiming to be as good as their 140mm but I did not know it was not going to be available in black.

I would need a 140mm cooler that can behave like a 160mm cooler to upgrade but the base is going to be same size so not much room for more pipes but they could do vapour chamber type.

TrM

TrM

Associate
well i ordered the noctua nh-d15 from there offical store and its being delivered today. waited quite a while to have a black noctua cooler there colours have allways put me off and never matched mysystem:)

but i will have my first noctua cooler now thank you noctua

Associate
Will this be much better than the dark rock pro 4 ? As this is about £20 more than that.

I think this might be louder as well as the fans seem to be faster.

I am sure the older version of this beat the dark rock pro 4 but was only by 2c but the dark rock pro 4 was quieter at height loads and heat than the Noctua

Stu

Stu

Soldato
Will this be much better than the dark rock pro 4 ? As this is about £20 more than that.

I am sure the older version of this beat the dark rock pro 4 but was only by 2c but the dark rock pro 4 was quieter at height loads and heat than the Noctua

From the many reviews I've read, the Dark Rock Pro has higher temps but is quieter... my guess is that the coolers are comparable, and they have different fans giving a different balance between noise and performance.

Soldato

As stated, Dark Rock Pro 4 is a little quiter and a little warmer, like 1-3c .. 3c warmer cooling high heat overclocked CPU. While most reviews show NH-D15 being about 3dB louder some say as much 7dB louder. If your case and motherboard have the room for a 171mm tall and 155mm wide (77.5mm center CPU to side of fins) the TRUE Spirit 140 Power cost significantly less with similar performance and noise levels.

Associate
As stated, Dark Rock Pro 4 is a little quiter and a little warmer, like 1-3c .. 3c warmer cooling high heat overclocked CPU. While most reviews show NH-D15 being about 3dB louder some say as much 7dB louder. If your case and motherboard have the room for a 171mm tall and 155mm wide (77.5mm center CPU to side of fins) the TRUE Spirit 140 Power cost significantly less with similar performance and noise levels.

might as well keep the dark rock pro 4 then as its only 3C warmer but quieter in tests and its £20 cheaper to. have not fitted it yet as still waiting for a 3900x

Permabanned
OP
@b00merang69 If it;s anything like my D14, you can move the fan closest to the ram socket up a bit if you need clearance.

They unclip.

The U14 and D14 and D15 block my top PCI-E slot same as many Mobos (meaning GPU would be on the Chipset Lanes not CPU lanes) that is why they made the D15S as well as the Ram clearance.

I am not changing from one cooler to another basically the same due to the colour, it would need to improved performance.

Back
Top Bottom