LG c9 OLED

Associate
Check out coldtires post here, it seems quite well informed regarding the true nature of VRR on consoles: https://www.reddit.com/r/OLED/comments/c2b3kj/lg_c9_vrr_on_x1x_confused/

Ultimately it doesn't look like you'd be missing out on much now with many games still targeting 30fps. When next gen comes around if they start to set the bottom bar at about 40fps then VRR might have a much bigger effect.

Thanks, had a read through the thread. Seems I'm not the only one confused by it all.

Associate
This is my dream TV. My plasma is still going strong though, so can't really justify buying this one. Will keep an eye out for any Black Friday sales.

Would need to put on wall though, so also need to think about how I would do that, being an internal plaster wall.

Soldato
Redecorating our lounge and I'm very tempted to move from a 60" Kuro to a 65C9. Looks like they can be had for £2000 with a 10% voucher and Topcashback.

What did last years 65C8 drop to around Black Friday? Wondering whether to wait or just get it bought.

I really want the 77C9 but christ I'm not spending £6k on a TV :D

Soldato
Roll on Black Friday :D
Nope, going dark now I've got mine and don't need to know any of those deals thanks! :(

Has anyone set up their magic remote with other devices? I've got some Logitech Z906 speakers and configured the remote last night, the setup successfully tested powering on/off the speakers. Yet I can't seem to actually turn the speakers on/off using the remote after the setup. It can change the volume fine. I'm so close to being able to use the LG remote for everything but this is an annoying niggle as I really want speaker power control. I thought it might be something to do with the "set-top box power" button on the remote, but that just takes me to the device connector screen.

Soldato
Not C9 specific, but given users in this area likely to have experiences it.

What I am after, is getting both VRR and Advanced Audio formats like Atmos working.

For example, I have an AMD GPU connected up to the C9 which supports FreeSync. From the TV via eARC I am connected to a eARC compatible AV receiver and in turn can get advanced audio formats like Atmos working.

Right now without eARC, if I want to get advanced audio formats, I use my AV receiver as a pass through, but would lose VRR functionality. Opposite would happen if I connect GPU to TV, get VRR working, but miss out on the advanced audio formats without eARC.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom