Disatissfaction

Soldato
I understand that but I don't think I should have to explain details of my medical problems. I don't go the Dr often. I dont have time to be waiting for them to answer a call and decide whether I can have an appt especially when I have to work. The appts given are for the same day only. No advance bookings. It does not fit in with people who work and to be told I will get a call back from a Dr to see whether I actually need to be seen doesnt fit with work when phones are not allowed in the secure areas...Therefore I cant take the call.

You can always change the surgery, i had a similar problem but after changing surgery i usually get an appt within 2 days now.

Car insurance is heavily dependent on postcode, if you live in a nice area you end up paying far less.

Associate
I get where he's coming from. I think when you only have experience of the UK as a reference it just becomes normal and acceptable when it shouldn't be.

I've got the chance to leave and I'm jumping at it. There was a moment when my GF was seriously ill in a lot if pain, being sick, running a fever, going into shock and passing out.

The wait for an ambulance? 6 hours....told them not to bother. Had to wait hours to be seen at the Hospital while still vomiting all over the place. Took 7 hours to get out of the hospital and all they did was take blood. No spare beds so sat in chairs till 6 in the morning. Took multiple ocurances of this until the doctors would book an ultrasound which took 4 months.....for an ultrasound.....4 months. Joke

Turns out it was Gallstones and the surgery took about 8-9 months. You are released on the same day of the surgery, it is not major. To have the issue sorted took around 18 months. It could have been done in a couple weeks.

This is just one of many incidents in the last 2 years. 18 months dealing with Thames water for overcharging by £1000. Having to deal with the county court for a false claim against me. Useless car insurance companies. £1,500 of damage done to my car by a pothole that the council wont pay for. Increasing council tax costs, stupid house prices, TV licence costs lol.

I'm also rather fed up of paying premium prices for services and getting the bare minimum back. When the GF finishes her PHD in April we're off.

Associate
OP
I get where he's coming from. I think when you only have experience of the UK as a reference it just becomes normal and acceptable when it shouldn't be.

I've got the chance to leave and I'm jumping at it. There was a moment when my GF was seriously ill in a lot if pain, being sick, running a fever, going into shock and passing out.

The wait for an ambulance? 6 hours....told them not to bother. Had to wait hours to be seen at the Hospital while still vomiting all over the place. Took 7 hours to get out of the hospital and all they did was take blood. No spare beds so sat in chairs till 6 in the morning. Took multiple ocurances of this until the doctors would book an ultrasound which took 4 months.....for an ultrasound.....4 months. Joke

Turns out it was Gallstones and the surgery took about 8-9 months. You are released on the same day of the surgery, it is not major. To have the issue sorted took around 18 months. It could have been done in a couple weeks.

This is just one of many incidents in the last 2 years. 18 months dealing with Thames water for overcharging by £1000. Having to deal with the county court for a false claim against me. Useless car insurance companies. £1,500 of damage done to my car by a pothole that the council wont pay for. Increasing council tax costs, stupid house prices, TV licence costs lol.

I'm also rather fed up of paying premium prices for services and getting the bare minimum back. When the GF finishes her PHD in April we're off.

Thanks for the response. Where are you going to move to?

Associate
OP
Thailand. The GF has been offered a job at a uni over there and I can keep my job here working from home. Will be living like a king.
Sorry I missed this post. Thailand is beautiful and you are right, you can live a wonderful life if you are careful. Good luck with your adventure;)

I have noticed that 'full name' usernames tend to be troll accounts, or generally just weirdos :p
Nope. It was my error when I signed up. I thought I could choose a user name later. I didnt realise I was enrolling with my actual name. I have asked admin on how I can change this.

Paula Trewick, could I suggest a place called "mumsnet" for your forum needs?

I think you are more likely to fit in there and find people willing to just have a moan too.
suck it up princess. Im here to stay!

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Im already a UK citizen and have always had a British passport. Yes...paid everything in cash
So you must already know how the system works. It is in no way perfect, but it works. If you paid cash for a house and two cars why do you need anything on credit? Go private for health care, you seem to be able to afford it.
Thread doesn't quite ring true.

Back
Top Bottom