Surround headphone problems

Permabanned
Hi,
I recently came across a deal on an Mpow Gaming headset, An unheard of brand yes but they were cheap so I took a chance on them, They're a surround model & when they came they look & feel well made, unfortunately they do not work correctly, For example in Borderlands 2 you have to be next to a loudspeaker & facing the right way to hear it move a few steps away & it's gone. It's the same with other games including Fallout 4. I've never used surround headphones until now & I guess I'm doing something wrong, I have them plugged into the jack on my PC case plus they also have a USB cable that's also plugged in to the case, as I said I'm a noob with surround headsets, what am I doing wrong?

Soldato
I've had similar issues with allegedly premium surround headsets (Prodigy 933). The surround was all messed up. I fixed it by going stereo. But it's not necessarily the headphones themselves. Can't tell you for sure what to do though. Probably a driver issue or setup.

Permabanned
OP
Are they the 7.1's? USB only.

It states they are 7.1 on the barcode sticker but not on the box itself which is odd, the bar code reads "Mpow Gaming headset, Virtual 7.1 Surround sound gaming headset..."

It has a regular headphone plug aswell as a USB plug which I thought was about the mike & light on the phones themselves.

The model's the Mpow EG3 Pro Gaming headset.

The rivers description:
Mpow EG3 Pro Gaming headset pc | PS4 | PS4 Pro | Xbox One | Nintendo Switch | mobile

sound quality— If you need to hear more audio cues, the Mpow EG3 Pro Gaming headphone will be your choice. 50mm speaker drivers and 20Hz-20KHz frequency Response give you a more expansive sound profile.

microphone—having a high-quality mic means your teamwork will always be on point in battle. The EG3 Pro's Microphone is very good and picks up voices with a clear, natural sound.

comfort—the large comfortable leatherette ear cups alleviate pressure around the ears over long periods of time, and help avoid sweating.

isolation—the gaming headphone block out ambient noise, such as people talking, traffic noise or mechanical noise, so that the outside world doesn't Distract you from your task.

platform—this gaming headset is just phenomenal and compatible with PC, Mac, play Station 4, play Station 4 Pro, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and etc.

trouble shooting methods:
pc headset:
*others cannot hear me?
1.Make sure the mute button is not active.
2.Make sure the headset is connected correctly to your computer.
note: the USB plug is only for LED light

ps4 headset/ Xbox One headset/Nintendo Switch headset:
*how to set up the headset with the PS4/Xbox One/Nintendo Switch?
plug the headset's 3.5mm audio plug into the aux port at the base of your PS4 controller/ Xbox One controller/Nintendo Switch and check your audio settings in the devices is correct.
note: you need an extra Microsoft adapter (not in the package) when connect with an old version Xbox One controller.

spec:
audio connection: 3.5mm; (The USB cable only for power)
speaker size: 50 mm audio cable length: 7.2ft (2.2M).

Permabanned
OP
I've had similar issues with allegedly premium surround headsets (Prodigy 933). The surround was all messed up. I fixed it by going stereo. But it's not necessarily the headphones themselves. Can't tell you for sure what to do though. Probably a driver issue or setup.

This may have an obvious answer but how did you set it to stereo?

Permabanned
OP
Back
Top Bottom