**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S10 Family Thread ****

Soldato
Where can I get good quality screen protectors from for a reasonable price?

Was the protector that came on the S10+ when new the best you can get?

I've just ripped mine off, screen feels much better and also more responsive.

Soldato
Got the October update the other day on S10 5G (Korean Edition) with a lot of the Note 10 features such as Link to Windows, AR Doodle, Live focus video, Night mode for the front camera, DeX for PC, Dynamic Lock screen, etc.

kKPp1Zz.jpg

Man of Honour
Korea first. I'm tempted to try it as people on reddit saying that Google Pay works whereas last year with Pie it didn't work and you had to use Samsung Pay. I need a larger confirmation scale though as it's just two people so far and they're not in the UK.

Associate
Got the October update the other day on S10 5G (Korean Edition) with a lot of the Note 10 features such as Link to Windows, AR Doodle, Live focus video, Night mode for the front camera, DeX for PC, Dynamic Lock screen, etc.

kKPp1Zz.jpg

Interesting, my regular S10 got all those features in the September security update. Although to be fair I did only get that update 4 days ago.

Man of Honour
Yes although it doesn't actually consume battery to anything worth being concerned about.

rps20191016_081632.jpg

What everyone should be concerned about is this...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordon...ader-warning-upgrade-galaxy-s11/#5430771724ae

Soldato
That article:confused:

They said its a silicone phone case (eh?) but link to the original article in The Sun that referred to it first as a screen protector and the a phone case...

Anyway yes, big problem. Hopefully they can fix it however their response so far has been typically Samsung.

Man of Honour
Yes news sites have no idea the difference between a case and a screen protector. It's like people who refer to a PC tower as "the CPU".

But yep if they can't fix it in software then they're going to have to issue refunds to every S10 and Note 10 owner. That's really the only solution shy of telling people not to use the fp scanner!

Their statement for people to use authorised screen protectors which is a complete false statement as that doesn't protect a user at all since a thief can just take it off, apply the cheap gel one and get into the phone.

Soldato
Has anyone got the S10e in Canary Yellow?
Was wondering just how "yellow" it is in the flesh?
I'm not scared of phones in bright colours - but yellow was off my radar.
It's just currently the S10e in this colour can be bought for £469 with the Galaxy Buds and then with my S8 being a £170 trade-in, that's S8 to S10e for £300.

Soldato
Has anyone got the S10e in Canary Yellow?
Was wondering just how "yellow" it is in the flesh?
I'm not scared of phones in bright colours - but yellow was off my radar.
It's just currently the S10e in this colour can be bought for £469 with the Galaxy Buds and then with my S8 being a £170 trade-in, that's S8 to S10e for £300.
I think the yellow is great. I got the S10e in white shortly after launch and when the mrs' contract was up I told her to get the same so she went for yellow. As I say I like it a lot but then I do quite like yellow in general. The only (non-comparison?) I could make is do you recall the old Nokia Lumia Windows phones? It's not as garish as those.

Back
Top Bottom