Kipchoge about to go sub 2 hours...

Soldato
Top stuff indeed.

Ignore all the nonsense around pacemakers/lasers/flat courses etc - It's still an amazing effort by any human being.......

Very humble and well spoken man

Soldato
That was special. I know everything was perfect but he still did it.

he even had enough to run around at the end. I’d be dead if I tried to keep that consistency

Soldato
What a guy. He's dedicated so much into being the guy who breaks the 2hr mark and he smashed it. You could see on the faces of the pacemakers how huge this was, they knew they were seeing something truly special.

Soldato
Top stuff indeed.

Ignore all the nonsense around pacemakers/lasers/flat courses etc - It's still an amazing effort by any human being.......

That's the way I look at it, even though all the variables were forced to be perfect, anyone arguing would be met with a "you try running an average of 13mph for 2 hours", if you can manage that in official marathon conditions then kudos to you.

Soldato
Top stuff indeed.

That's the way I look at it, even though all the variables were forced to be perfect, anyone arguing would be met with a "you try running an average of 13mph for 2 hours", if you can manage that in official marathon conditions then kudos to you.

Soldato
Great run and a great accomplishment. Pretty much everything was perfect today, but what's the chance of this happening in an official marathon? :p is it even possible?

Tough I would say he was passed all his drinks etc to him from guy on bike today so he dosnt have to grab them. But I think it could well be a possibility that kick he had at the end suggests to me he still had a fair bit in the tank left.

All the aids aside its an astonishing achievement though to run 13mph consistently for 26.2 miles and it was a course where he had to do laps to stay that focused is incredible.

Associate
This was my favourite sporting moment this year. So awesome. If anyone watched his previous attempt at Monza he was just one of several guys going for it. He was the only one left at the end and you could see him breaking down, his body wasn't having it - ended up 26 seconds short. Since then he's upped his training, changed diet, addressed who know what else that he and his team knew needed doing, then today smashed it. That first attempt you could see his body failing on him near the end. Today he got quicker on that last stretch, then made history.

Soldato
Great run and a great accomplishment. Pretty much everything was perfect today, but what's the chance of this happening in an official marathon? :p is it even possible?
Now he knows it's possible to run at that pace and considering be knocked 40 seconds off the previous closed attempt, maybe he can give it a go. Average 2:49/k instead in a race to allow a few seconds leeway on the aid stations? Who knows. Certainly going to be exciting to watch his next marathon

Soldato
This was my favourite sporting moment this year. So awesome. If anyone watched his previous attempt at Monza he was just one of several guys going for it. He was the only one left at the end and you could see him breaking down, his body wasn't having it - ended up 26 seconds short. Since then he's upped his training, changed diet, addressed who know what else that he and his team knew needed doing, then today smashed it. That first attempt you could see his body failing on him near the end. Today he got quicker on that last stretch, then made history.

Vaporflys clearly make a difference imho!

Back
Top Bottom