This Instant And Moment - 2019!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Today’s my 1st birthday at home since 2013. :)

I’ve been at work for the others, which has been on a ship, at sea, meaning other than a handshake, or a “happy birthday scumbag!” from a passing colleague, I haven’t really celebrated it. So, went out with the family last night to a nice steakhouse, and having more family and friends round for drinks tonight. Also, my wife gave me the Lego Creator London bus set she got me this morning. :D Probably more of a present for herself, seeing as it’ll keep me out of her way for a while. :o

So, this being my first birthday on land since my 30th, does that mean I’m only 31 instead of 36? ;)

Permabanned
I know :( I only moved in at the end of May and I’ve already spent over 10k on the interior. :(

When you are single and have your own house all that happens is there is a pit in the middle of your house. You throw all of your money into it and also your belongings and soul. I have spent god knows how much into mine but I now no longer have a bottomless pit and been single you get nothing in return apart from goods that reduce in value in the matter of months.

Soldato
When you are single and have your own house all that happens is there is a pit in the middle of your house. You throw all of your money into it and also your belongings and soul. I have spent god knows how much into mine but I now no longer have a bottomless pit and been single you get nothing in return apart from goods that reduce in value in the matter of months.

I genuinely want a nice house to live in so that's where my money is going at the moment as well.

Soldato
New washing machine and separate tumble dryer bought yesterday, this living on your own game is expensive :(

Do you regularly use a tumble dryer though? I never use a dryer for my clothes as they always shrink. I can't afford to get a machine at the minute so I'm doing my washing at my mum's :o:D

Soldato
Do you regularly use a tumble dryer though? I never use a dryer for my clothes as they always shrink. I can't afford to get a machine at the minute so I'm doing my washing at my mum's :o:D
For my boxers and socks yeah, now the weather is turning **** it’ll be used more.

I also do my towels in the dryer as it keeps them soft. :)

Feel free to come use it :p

Caporegime
Does anyone know of any decent resources for just talking things out to people?

I witnessed an attempted suicide yesterday, the guy was a complete state (he'd jumped from a high window). I had my toddler in my arms too so I think it was a complex range of emotions. I had to stick the littleun in the car with Minions on so I could sit with this guy until the emergency services came. I can't shake the image of all the gore and the fear it's affected my lad somehow but it's impossible to communicate, and the hope that the guy is ok? Who do you go to for that?

Samaritans will help.

Soldato
What does DN mean?

I also do my towels in the dryer as it keeps them soft. :)

Feel free to come use it :p

Yeah to be fair that's the only reason I will be getting a washer dryer. I don't tumble dry my undies they're too delicate :o:p

At my uncle's again. Today is take apart the skanky furniture and take it up the "dump" day. Taken ages to take apart a unit my dad had made and managed to break the mirror from one of the panels. Doh!

He has so much **** it's taking us forever. If only my mum had more children to help her.....oh wait :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom