Show Us Your Motors!

Caporegime
Picked this up today. 2018 GTI Performance Pack (245PS) in Indium Grey metallic with sunroof (they call it panoramic, which it ain't), Dynaudio, Art Velours interior, keyless entry and keyless go, 19" wheels, and 90% tints.

As standard this MY came with ACC and LED headlights. And the VAQ diff.

Notable omissions include DCC, adaptive LEDs, and rear camera.

It's a really fun car yet totally practical as our family shipping trolley too. Going to give it a good clean tomorrow.

0lbNQNvh.jpg

fJxzfYJh.jpg

YjKZuuXh.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
Sure they are stolen quite often compared to other cars, but let’s face it there are enough of them out there (as well as the comparable VAG group products that are also targeted) that the odds are still low unless you live in a particularly high crime area.

I was paranoid when I first got the S3, but after 3 years of CCTV pointing at it with not even so much as a passing glance from anyone during the day, let alone snooping around at night, I’m not sure I’d put any thought into worrying about parking anything outside my own home.

That looks really nice @Participant, I love how the VAQ diff helps the car turn in harder, feels reminiscent (but not quite as good as, or obviously as mechanical as) the old MK1 Focus RS.

Soldato
@rip-the-jacker how are those? Don't see many about, if anything see more of the old ones lol

it really is a lovely car. My favourite thing is the seats, absolutely love them!

it’s quick at 276 bhp, and they discontinued them, and yeah there aren’t loads and loads on the road.

my one gripe is that the 20” wheels mean the turning circle for parking etc isn’t the greatest, but it’s a issue I can live with :)

Soldato
I remember smashing a blue one in my Volvo :D

I do like them.

Not sure how the wheel diameter is supposed to affect the turning circle though.

I love it in blue, probably my favourite, colour of it tbh!

Would it not mean, that the bigger the wheel, the less space for turning the wheel in the arch cause of size?

Or mabye because I have come from a Toyota iQ which is like a go-kart, it seems a whole different kettle of fish :p

Soldato
More often than not parts, or sometimes used for burglary’s as it’s a quick but stealthy getaway car.
:( Its a shame that happens but in a way a compliment i guess? My boss had a Golf R estate and that surprised me when i went for a ride in it. Faster than my old blobeye Subaru but easier to live with day to day. :)

Soldato
:( Its a shame that happens but in a way a compliment i guess? My boss had a Golf R estate and that surprised me when i went for a ride in it. Faster than my old blobeye Subaru but easier to live with day to day. :)

Far from a compliment. “I stole your car because it’s nice and fast”.

Yeah...no. Doesn’t really sound right does it lol.

Back
Top Bottom