*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
The asia and japanese version has english subtitle/menu apparently..but they cost a bit to import and they give 2 physical cartridges.
I changed it to japanese audio ASAP on Astral Chain,like Nier automata I had to play that in japanese audio aswell and Bayonetta.

Same with Bayonetta. Basically, if it's available I will always change it.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I've only just got an email saying: "We’re excited to let you know that your order has been prepared and will be shipped out soon!" :D

Did you get it for a decent price? The discount on the eshop isn't enough to make me go for it yet whilst I still have other games to play.

I want to buy FFVIII and have noticed that IX and X/X-2 are in the sale and am tempted by those as well!
Got it for £20 so once done will probably sell on and take a five quid hit. Don't see the point in going digital as it is not the type of game I will revisit I don't think. Only place I go digital is on Steam as that will always be there unless somehow they go out of business. With Nintendo if I get their next console, they may want me to buy it again or it may not be available to play.

Soldato
OP
Love it when stuff arrives early xD

Game looks great on the small screen, gonna test it out docked later.

Now back to Witcher land ...

20191011-145006.jpg

20191011-145825.jpg

20191011-151000.jpg

Man of Honour
X/X-2 hold up really well. XII as well looks great. I've never played any of them but have always wanted to so the sale price was the sweet spot for me.

I bought X and XII in the sale. I can't get into the older ones as there's no nostalgia there for me and they have aged poorly.

Soldato
I bought X and XII in the sale. I can't get into the older ones as there's no nostalgia there for me and they have aged poorly.

I agree. I played IX for a while on the Switch and whilst it was OK the whole thing hasn't aged very well at all. Hate the map traversal and wandering around towns. Battles were a bit of a yawn as well.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I actually regretted replaying X a couple of years ago as it was no way near as good as I remembered it when playing on release. I think this was the first FF game that took the gameplay in the wrong direction. Final Fantasy 7 is simply a much better game in every way except for graphics imo. I can always easily go back to playing FF7 and still enjoy it.

Soldato
OP
Hows the text size? Can it be altered?

Text size is great on the lil screen. Everything totally legible.

Honestly it looks great portable. It's when you put it on the big screen it's like eeeww. I compared with Xbox One X and Switch side by side for the lulz. Yup stick to portable.

That aside though, it's amazing. What an epic game to have on the go. Amazing achievment for the Switch imho. Plays great, even better with headphones.

Man of Honour
I actually regretted replaying X a couple of years ago as it was no way near as good as I remembered it when playing on release. I think this was the first FF game that took the gameplay in the wrong direction. Final Fantasy 7 is simply a much better game in every way except for graphics imo. I can always easily go back to playing FF7 and still enjoy it.

That's the difference, you're going back to FF VII so you have nostalgia when you play. As a first time player FF VII is horrible to play compared to dragon quest XI.

fez

fez

Caporegime
After completing BOTW o was thinking about picking up Witcher 3 to fill that void.

Concerned though as never been into Elder Scrolls or tried any other Witcher.

Witcher 3 was an absolutely stunning game when I played it on the PS4. One of my all time favourites. Never got around to playing the blood and wine expansion though which is supposed to be brilliant as well.

Soldato

I've finished VII about four times now. VIII has always been a thorn in my side as I lost a 60+ hour save back in the day on PC and have never completed it. I did buy it again on the Vita but only got as far as the second disc.
I'm not too fussed about buying IX in the sale now as the saving isn't huge. X on the other hand though is very tempting considering the physical copy only includes a digital code for X-2 so resale value will be low anyway.

Also finished Link's Awakening yesterday, loved every minute of it.

Soldato
Just finished Zelda LA, what a brilliant little game, thoroughly enjoyed it. I really hope they bring back some more old Zelda games if this how good they are.
Now onto Sniper Elite to tide me over until LM

Back
Top Bottom