*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
Not sure if been mentioned in this thread but turns our the physical copy of Overwatch doesn't come with the cartridge, just a download code. Bit of a rip considering as no where states this on the product pages and it is around -£15 cheaper to get digital at the mo Vs Physical (not physical).

I was going for digital anyway, but just a heads up for people.

Associate
Not sure if been mentioned in this thread but turns our the physical copy of Overwatch doesn't come with the cartridge, just a download code. Bit of a rip considering as no where states this on the product pages and it is around -£15 cheaper to get digital at the mo Vs Physical (not physical).

I was going for digital anyway, but just a heads up for people.
It says it's download only on the box and it says it in all the pictures that i've seen tbh but agreed a rip off just for a plastic box lol

Soldato
I'm still on the overwatch fence! I mean it's only £21ish. That's great value but if it's a crappy lot I'd be disappointed. Blizzard wouldnt put out a bad version I doubt. As soon as reviews hit, that price will change

Associate
I'm still on the overwatch fence! I mean it's only £21ish. That's great value but if it's a crappy lot I'd be disappointed. Blizzard wouldnt put out a bad version I doubt. As soon as reviews hit, that price will change
According to early releases its really good with only a few minor FPS drops every so often and it still looks pretty decent imo only downside is it's locked to 30fps in docked and undocked mode and the motion controls seem really fun from what I've seen

PayDay Lover
Associate
I actually regretted replaying X a couple of years ago as it was no way near as good as I remembered it when playing on release. I think this was the first FF game that took the gameplay in the wrong direction. Final Fantasy 7 is simply a much better game in every way except for graphics imo. I can always easily go back to playing FF7 and still enjoy it.

Interesting, I replayed 7, 9 and X on the Switch. For me 9 was the weakest (I had fond memories of it from back in the day) as the combat was extra slow and clunky. 7 was better but definitely does not stand the test of time, only due to the x3 speed was it even playable. I thought X was actually the most enjoyable though gear is its weakest point. Funny because back in the day, X was my least favourite

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Interesting, I replayed 7, 9 and X on the Switch. For me 9 was the weakest (I had fond memories of it from back in the day) as the combat was extra slow and clunky. 7 was better but definitely does not stand the test of time, only due to the x3 speed was it even playable. I thought X was actually the most enjoyable though gear is its weakest point. Funny because back in the day, X was my least favourite

Horses for courses. I much prefer FF7 combat system than any other final fantasy game. FF8 and 9 were not too bad either as I recall, but not replayed those so it has been about two decades now :p

Getting old :(

PayDay Lover
Associate
Horses for courses. I much prefer FF7 combat system than any other final fantasy game. FF8 and 9 were not too bad either as I recall, but not replayed those so it has been about two decades now :p

Getting old :(

FF9 system wasn't a problem (though weakest of all 3), it was just so slow - as in it felt like it took minutes to actually start combat once an encounter was triggered.

FF7 Materia system was good, though replaying the game I found myself obsessively moving them around to max them out rather than truly playing a character with them which I think may have been why I did not enjoy FFVII as much as when I was younger and likely just blundering around back then. I also hated situations where you were forced to take chars who otherwise you never used, so they sucked

FFX I liked the spheres and I liked the fact I could swap chars during combat. Gearing in it sucked though - there was no 'loot excitement' which was the games big weakness. I think it was designing the chars that had me enjoying it more than I remembered from the past.

Don't get me wrong, I played the heck out of all 3 of these games since I bought them on the Switch, just interesting to see that X was disappointing to you when for me it was a surprise improvement over my memory. Then again, maybe that's the trick - 7 had been my favorite and was not as great as I remembered :)

Associate
The only thing that puts me off playing X is the constant party member switching, I prefer having set default party members like you do in 7,8 and 9. But without trying X properly I might actually like it.
I didn't like the idea of constantly changing equipment for specific boss battles in 9, I was well under-prepared in 9 against Necron in terms of protection but I had everyone best weapon and best abilities you can possibly get playing blindly without a walkthrough/strategy guide.
In 7 you can kind of get away with not having all the best armor and accessory for your party members in my opinion.

If you're one of those people that beat these games and did all the sub quest/activities without strategy guide back in the day then you deserve a pat in the back.

Soldato
Haven't picked up my switch in ages. The last game I really enjoyed was Xenoblade 2 and its DLC on there.

Has there been anything since similar for me to pick up?
FF12 has quite similar combat but quite different on the story and aesthetics front. Xenoblade Chronicles Remastered is coming out sometime next year too.

Associate
Ordered the Snes controller last week and its arrived today, on my birthday as well so couldn't have times it better. I've only had a quick blast on f-zero and mario kart but it feels just as nice as ever. I'm pleased with my purchase :)

Associate
Haven't picked up my switch in ages. The last game I really enjoyed was Xenoblade 2 and its DLC on there.

Has there been anything since similar for me to pick up?
Astral Chain if you're fan of platinum games or Devil May Cry, Dragon Quest 11 if you haven't played it on PS4 and Links Awakening remake.
Daemon x Machina if you're fan of mecha genre.

Soldato
8BitDo SN30 Pro Plus

Are you still liking yours? I've played a bit of Celeste with it and am using the dpad for FFVIII.
To be honest I'm not entirely convinced by it myself, maybe I just need more time with it.

My satisfye grip tracking has updated its now in Singapore , says estimated delivery is 16-10 and I ordered it on 28-09

Any more tracking updates? My last one was 'parcel manifested with carrier' and has an expected delivery date of the 23rd.
I got so impatient I ordered a Mumba Blade from Amazon, really liking it so far.

Man of Honour
Are you still liking yours? I've played a bit of Celeste with it and am using the dpad for FFVIII.
To be honest I'm not entirely convinced by it myself, maybe I just need more time with it.

Do you have the pro plus? That's the only one I recommend (the others have poor dpads) and I am still very happy with the pad. The triggers still feel weird though.

Soldato
Picked up The Witcher 3, done the main game on XB1 but never bought the DLC so a good excuse to start over. Planning to play entirely portable so hoping the graphics downgrade won't be as noticeable (not that it bothers me too much anyway).

Soldato
Why do they not make a switch without a screen for those that just want to plug into a TV like any other console.

I'm repeatedly tempted but something keeps putting me off.

Soldato

Any more tracking updates? My last one was 'parcel manifested with carrier' and has an expected delivery date of the 23rd.
I got so impatient I ordered a Mumba Blade from Amazon, really liking it so far.

Just checked now it has updated saying it has been shipped to overseas , delivery date says tomorrow so fingers crossed !

Soldato
Why do they not make a switch without a screen for those that just want to plug into a TV like any other console.

I'm repeatedly tempted but something keeps putting me off.

This is quite bizarre :p

By its very nature it allows you to switch between both but it's not forcing you do do either. It's up to you.

Back
Top Bottom