Neighbours God **** tree!

Associate
What are you blathering on about. There is no outrage. Its a non issue. How can anyone get outraged about a few acorns and leaves, let alone seek advice how to handle the neighbour on a tech forum.

I'd suggest you have the bigger problem. :)

Soldato
OP
What are you blathering on about. There is no outrage. Its a non issue. How can anyone get outraged about a few acorns and leaves, let alone seek advice how to handle the neighbour on a tech forum.

I'd suggest you have the bigger problem. :)

We will have to agree to disagree.

You're "outraged" that I'm "outraged" by the issues this tree has bought and the desire to seek solutions. That's unfortunate. I can imagine your partner coming home, letting off steam due to whatever mundane issues her day has dealt her, and your response being the above. Best of luck to you.

I have an issue with my android device. The back button when using chrome sometimes goes back one step, sometimes goes back 3/4 steps with one click. Should I make a thread about that or will you come over and start ******* on that one too? Surely that's just as tiny an issue if not less. But that's allowed or not? Again it's you with the issues if you feel the need to **** on a thread like that. Just because the issues small doesn't mean a tiny thread can't be made about it.

Back on topic. I've booked a tree surgeon to come take a look to cut some of the worst branches that are over hanging. Unsure on costs but if nothing too crazy will likely get this done.

Last edited:
Associate
Our garden is OCD ed to the hills as possible, we also did not like the leaves and crap falling into the garden fake grass and all that, from the niebours rented house there was 3 trees all overhanging silver birch(really messy) and a few others, cut a long story short we kept moaning to the letting adjents about the hieght of the trees loss of light, and if a branch falls of onto the sheds below we will be asking for compensation of the log cabin roof ;)

Funny anough a few laters there is no more trees to moan about, Good luck dude

Maybe your car might get damaged in high winds ;););)

Associate
Wash, claying for smooth finish, ceramic coat, sorted. Your paintwork is safe for some time.
About the leaves at the garden/drive, if not this one, somewhere near will cause the same issue, even if at a minor scale.
You can also move to some deserted area (UAE). No trees growing naturally there.

Soldato
OP
Oak trees can live for hundreds of years, and take 50 years or more to start producing acorns. Do you really want to hack a decades old icon of the English landscape back to avoid a minor inconvenience?

We could hack away quite a lot and still have plenty branches left to look like a full tree.

One neighbour removed the whole oak tree. We are just looking to thin out the branches that are on our side to reduce the crud.

Just look at this. I cleared this earlier in the week. I did the same again a few days before that. And again before that. And before that.

https://imgur.com/gallery/fgUsxRJ

Soldato
If you have kids then pay them some pocket money to clear them every other day for the short time the tree drops them. As anoying as it might be, I think you'd regret having it removed as trees make the street look far better imo. My neighbour had a beautiful pink flowering tree in his front garden and had it chopped right back for some strange reason. The tree never recovered and he ended up chopping it down and it makes the front of his house look so much worse, I wouldn't be surprised if it's lowered the value lol. Even though it wasn't my tree I was gutted when he destroyed it as it had been a feature when looking out of the living room window for like 20 years, then next minute I can just see crappy houses instead.

Soldato
Trees are beautiful. Don't know why people always want to cut them down. Op is probably one of those types who prefer ugly decking and that fake grass stuff.

Oh and put your bins away. Can't stand it when folk just leave their bins out all over the place all the time.

Soldato
OP
When I moved in the garden was decking and patio. Now half of it is grass, and there's a bedding that I will use next year. Put front I plan to make a new bedding and plant a variety of plants around march/April.

You're probably a wrong.

Soldato
OP
Oh and put your bins away. Can't stand it when folk just leave their bins out all over the place all the time.
You're not doing well. 4 of those bins are not ours, plus I don't know how to tell you this but images aren't live pictures. They capture a moment in time. That moment was bin day, so the bins had been put out for the bin men.

Last edited:
Soldato
Practically, have you had a quote for re-styling the tree - maybe I missed it but no pictures of overhanging branches?

... it's the pigeons sitting above a frequent car par I use that are much more problematic, although, maybe a polished light roof is an incitement.

Associate
Just speak to him and ask if you can trim some of the overhanging branches. This will stop the sap but ur just have to put up with the leaves and acorns.

Soldato
We could hack away quite a lot and still have plenty branches left to look like a full tree.

One neighbour removed the whole oak tree. We are just looking to thin out the branches that are on our side to reduce the crud.

Just look at this. I cleared this earlier in the week. I did the same again a few days before that. And again before that. And before that.

https://imgur.com/gallery/fgUsxRJ
Is your neighbour a cleaner? Because the phone number on the van points to a cleaning company, which I find quite amusing given the nature of this thread. :D

Soldato
OP
Go pick them up and eat them?
You seen how many there are and how dead they are now they are falling from the tree. I'd eat nothing but acorns for the rest of the year.

Had a great tree surgeon come out today. He looked it over and made some good points about health and safety due to the height of the branches that this stuff falls from as well as the damage to vehicles, even if there was no tpo, this one would have no issue getting permission to be reduced. £500 for all to be done in a months time.

Going to let the neighbour know once he's sent over the photos.

Back
Top Bottom