• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 5700 XT Owners Thread.

Soldato
Would it be anything to do with undervolt? Gta V and breakpoint runs fine, but Gta IV stutters too..

Win 10 version pro 1903
1. Since we are troubleshooting reset wattman and let it run at it's default settings.
2. Type Exploit in the search box. Click on Exploit Protection. Go to Program Settings. Add Mafia2.exe and Overide every option by setting them OFF.
3. Uncap the frame rates in Mafia 2.
4. Download CRU: https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-Custom-Resolution-Utility-CRU
And follow the instructions on this pic (not mind).

-open CRU
-Click on the option under Extenstion Blocks and select edit
-Locate were your freesync range is and click on it
-Once highlighted blue use the arrow to move it up to the top
-Click OK
That's it.
Once you do that try Mafia 2 again.
Post back your results.

Edit:
Make sure ISLC is still running correctly in the background.

Last edited:
Associate
Would it be anything to do with undervolt? Gta V and breakpoint runs fine, but Gta IV stutters too..

Win 10 version pro 1903

I've just tested Mafia II with my ref sapphire xt & the frametime was completly flat with v-sync on and off. Measured using afterburner & rtss. Although I did experience a bug whereby the game went into super slow-mo mode as soon as I triggered the police. I had to crash the game to get out of it. This is with a 60hz 1440p monitor that doesnt have freesync. Are you running any rgb software by any chance? Seem to remember some where having probs caused by 3rd party software like this..

Associate
I've just tested Mafia II with my ref sapphire xt & the frametime was completly flat with v-sync on and off. Measured using afterburner & rtss. Although I did experience a bug whereby the game went into super slow-mo mode as soon as I triggered the police. I had to crash the game to get out of it. This is with a 60hz 1440p monitor that doesnt have freesync. Are you running any rgb software by any chance? Seem to remember some where having probs caused by 3rd party software like this..

No Rgb, Gta 5 and ghost recon and all play fine though so don't understand what the issue is tbh.

Associate
1. Since we are troubleshooting reset wattman and let it run at it's default settings.
2. Type Exploit in the search box. Click on Exploit Protection. Go to Program Settings. Add Mafia2.exe and Overide every option by setting them OFF.
3. Uncap the frame rates in Mafia 2.
4. Download CRU: https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-Custom-Resolution-Utility-CRU
And follow the instructions on this pic (not mind).

-open CRU
-Click on the option under Extenstion Blocks and select edit
-Locate were your freesync range is and click on it
-Once highlighted blue use the arrow to move it up to the top
-Click OK
That's it.
Once you do that try Mafia 2 again.
Post back your results.

Edit:
Make sure ISLC is still running correctly in the background.

Free sync range ain't showing for some reason @EastCoastHandle

Associate
Really?
Hmm, your monitor is suppose to be a freesync monitor right?
Could you post a pic of that screen so I can see what it actually reads?

Does Display portion of Radeon Settings allow you to turn Freesync on/off?

I will tomorrow 5am comes early lol yeah the monitor is free sync and 144hz lol also shows the portions in radeon so can turn it off and on.

Soldato
Associate
As an AMD virgin I guess I'm late to the fact that native DX12 games perform way better than DX11 ones. SOTTR has no stutter compared to ROTTR and I'm able to set everything to ultra at 2560x1440 with smooth gameplay.
For some reason when I enabled 4x SMAA I lost the FPS counter from the Wattman performance metrics, but it seemed as smooth as 2x SMAA which seemed locked at 60fps.
Puts a lot of work on the GPU though taking it to around 98% causing the fans to spin up to 1500-1600 resulting in 40dbA 30cm in front of the case.

Probably should have done a bit more research into driver performance for older titles rather than just looking at the raw numbers for the few modern games that all the reviewers use. Hopefully as the drivers mature the situation will improve?

Associate
Two separate PCI cables but only ones with PSU is that correct? Also see some builds don't have any daisy ones.

IMG-20191016-172449.jpg

Soldato
Two separate PCI cables but only ones with PSU is that correct? Also see some builds don't have any daisy ones.

IMG-20191016-172449.jpg
Ah, I see.
I don't see that too often and I thought they stopped doing that on newer PSU. But whenever you use cables like this always start with the connectors closest to the PSU.
In your case, if I'm seeing the pic correctly, you are using the end connectors correct?
What you want to do is power off the PC and use the other connectors away from the end connectors (I honestly don't recall what these connectors are called).
I think JonnyGuru did a piece on that a few years ago.
Also, make sure they are labeled PCIe.
What is the make and the model of the PSU you are using?

Associate
Ah, I see.
I don't see that too often and I thought they stopped doing that on newer PSU. But whenever you use cables like this always start with the connectors closest to the PSU.
In your case, if I'm seeing the pic correctly, you are using the end connectors correct?
What you want to do is power off the PC and use the other connectors away from the end connectors (I honestly don't recall what these connectors are called).
I think JonnyGuru did a piece on that a few years ago.
Also, make sure they are labeled PCIe.
What is the make and the model of the PSU you are using?

Yeah all labeled correctly and it's a cooler master 650watt..

Back
Top Bottom