AirPods (and AirPods Pro [and AirPods Pro 2nd generation]) now available

Soldato
I think I'll hang on and see if the Gen3 appear this side of Christmas.

Won't be used during any physical activity, more for when I'm at work/home/motorbike. :)

I just replaced my Airpods but they're very handy when on the motorbike as you can still hear around as it doesn't block all the noise out. Small enough that it's comfortable enough under the helmet also and there's no cable to accidentally tug on

Soldato
I just replaced my Airpods but they're very handy when on the motorbike as you can still hear around as it doesn't block all the noise out. Small enough that it's comfortable enough under the helmet also and there's no cable to accidentally tug on
Replaced airpods with the powerbeat pros?

Commissario
I'm in GU at the moment and there's a fake Apple store here. I nearly bought a pair of 2s at £132 but decided not to. I'm glad because I'd have been well grumpy if a new set were to be released soon.

Soldato
Got some ‘fake’ AirPods from Amazon, the left one is rock solid but the right one feels like it’s going to fall out.

shows AirPods on my iPhone when you open the case.

Definitely going to invest in some Gen 3 AirPods if they are the in ear type.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

"Leaked" Airpods, would be a day one buy for me if so.

QAFqxrT.jpg

Lol'd at the "active noise cancellation" lmao. The only noise cancelling you get from in ears are the fact they get stuffed into your ear and block out sound passively. Proper ANC you only get from overhead headphones

Soldato
How do you guys clean yours?

A cotton bud, a pin and some isopropyl alcohol

"Leaked" Airpods, would be a day one buy for me if so.

QAFqxrT.jpg

I hope that's not the leak cause they look hideous. I actually used my AirPods a few days ago for the first time since getting my Sony earphones. Good lord I didn't realise how bad they sounded

Last edited:

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

A cotton bud, a pin and some isopropyl alcohol

I hope that's not the leak cause they look hideous. I actually used my AirPods a few days ago for the first time since getting my Sony earphones. Good lord I didn't realise how bad they sounded

Amen.

But the majority of people wearing it these days, are doing it show off and "flex" instead of it being about sound quality. Its the same people who buy beats over pretty much any other brand of headphone that sounds so much better for the same price.

Soldato
Amen.

But the majority of people wearing it these days, are doing it show off and "flex" instead of it being about sound quality. Its the same people who buy beats over pretty much any other brand of headphone that sounds so much better for the same price.
Aha, see we can agree.

AirPods are great for their simplicity and how quickly they join (one thing I dislike about these Sony’s) but sound quality is not their strong suit. I like them as they fit under a motorcycle helmet nicely and they don’t block out all the noise but when it comes to listening to
Music and everything else. The ANC on these Sony earbuds are amazing and the quality is the best I’ve heard from earbuds.

actually makes me want the Over ear version of the Sony Headphones now but they wouldn’t get as much use

Associate
The AirPod Pro (if thats what they will be called) look good to me.

I don't have the sharpest ears but my girlfriend's Airpods sound good enough (I was expecting the worst since they have the same design as the included earphones). Obviously you can get much better sound quality at the same price point from other companies, but she is balls deep into Apple ecosystem so it was the natural choice.

I've been using IEM for years but seeing how simplistic the Airpods work and the shift of mobile phones without 3.5mm jack, it would be something I would consider with my next phone.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Aha, see we can agree.

AirPods are great for their simplicity and how quickly they join (one thing I dislike about these Sony’s) but sound quality is not their strong suit. I like them as they fit under a motorcycle helmet nicely and they don’t block out all the noise but when it comes to listening to
Music and everything else. The ANC on these Sony earbuds are amazing and the quality is the best I’ve heard from earbuds.

actually makes me want the Over ear version of the Sony Headphones now but they wouldn’t get as much use

For sure! I mean in terms of software and the ease of connecting they are great, but for sound quality at that price point? Shockingly bad. I mean £180 for that sound quality is absurd, im sure there are £15 wired in ears you can buy that sound far better than those.

I've heard nothing but praise from the WF1000's, and I don't doubt it since the WH1000xm3's (the overheard models) are nothing short of outstanding. Me personally, I'm waiting for the WH1000xm4 to release, but unfortunately have no idea when they're coming out :(

Back
Top Bottom