**** The Official OnePlus 7/OnePlus 7 Pro Thread ****

Soldato
Update has just appeared on oxygen for my 7 pro. 10.0.1 same change log as the initial 10 update though.
It has a fair few bug fixes. It's what the initial 10 update should have been.

Dark mode for me now works on a lot more apps. Gmail still doesn't though annoyingly.

Soldato
Popped into the London pop up shop and was pleasantly surprised at how smooth this is. And... I decided to bite the bullet. I grabbed the 7T Pro and am currently setting it up. I grabbed the last phone as well so that was lucky, even though I got there late. Enjoying it so far and size wise, it's taller than my XZP but also less wider, so it's manageable even with my small hands. Only issue I found so far is the adaptive brightness, sometimes it goes too low, and when you try to change it, it slides back to the low setting. Only way around it I found so far is to turn adaptive brightness off then back on, and it'll allow me to slide the setting.

Soldato
Popped into the London pop up shop and was pleasantly surprised at how smooth this is. And... I decided to bite the bullet. I grabbed the 7T Pro and am currently setting it up. I grabbed the last phone as well so that was lucky, even though I got there late. Enjoying it so far and size wise, it's taller than my XZP but also less wider, so it's manageable even with my small hands. Only issue I found so far is the adaptive brightness, sometimes it goes too low, and when you try to change it, it slides back to the low setting. Only way around it I found so far is to turn adaptive brightness off then back on, and it'll allow me to slide the setting.
Not to sound like a negative nelly and all that but 7t Pro? That's an impressive feat considering its not out for 5 more days. 7 Pro much? Or am I gravely mistaken?

Associate
Misses just opened her new 7t Pro, she loves it. Thank God because the trouble it ended up being was nothing short of shambolic on OP's side.

Having arrived at the one day event 11:00 - 18:00 at a Covent Garden, London popup shop it became clear something was wrong when a queue of 100 people ahead of me took a total of three hours waiting before being served.

The street was a mobile dead zone for everyone, including OP till credit card reader which used....you guessed it, mobile network. Took a dozen attempts per person until a member of staff tried their O2 sim in the card reader. This reduced failure rates for 'contacting merchant' to half a dozen. Would have been 45 mins tops without the shambles.

Also being interviewed at the very start (I was in good mood at that point), about the new wireless headphones was also hilarious because without a signal I had no music to stream. After a few minutes of everyone fumbling it was just embarrassing so I just pretended i was listening to music & gave a good review.

It became desperate enough that OP took boxes of phones+merch in an Uber & asked people to 'meet' them at John Lewis Oxford Street. A promptly told them would they be taking us in a Taxi as well? Or our details because I had queued for 2 hours 30 minutes by this point. The lack of response to both questions was justification to stay inline & as it turned out get served 30 minutes later.

I had visions of free drinks, photo ops, speech from stake holders in OP but it was miles from that.

Soldato
Ooh. That's pretty cool. They did something similar around the 6t in New York didn't they? Never heard about the one in London.
I'm a bit jealous now :o:p

They did it for various cities this time: https://www.oneplus.com/uk/popups

Both the 7T and 7T Pro was available for purchase. I got there around half 3 since I was busy in the morning and the line I usually take was suspended. It was a pretty small shop but apparently they had another pop up store at John Lewis on Oxford street to help cope with the demand. Got a free hoody as well.

It wasn't too bad for me, probably since I arrived late but the experience overall was pretty decent. As mentioned though, signal was pretty dead inside so it affected the card machines (even my phone on BT Mobile/EE had no signal). No interview though, I guess that was all in the morning :p. And no wireless headphones to try either.

Soldato
Misses just opened her new 7t Pro, she loves it. Thank God because the trouble it ended up being was nothing short of shambolic on OP's side.

Having arrived at the one day event 11:00 - 18:00 at a Covent Garden, London popup shop it became clear something was wrong when a queue of 100 people ahead of me took a total of three hours waiting before being served.

The street was a mobile dead zone for everyone, including OP till credit card reader which used....you guessed it, mobile network. Took a dozen attempts per person until a member of staff tried their O2 sim in the card reader. This reduced failure rates for 'contacting merchant' to half a dozen. Would have been 45 mins tops without the shambles.

Also being interviewed at the very start (I was in good mood at that point), about the new wireless headphones was also hilarious because without a signal I had no music to stream. After a few minutes of everyone fumbling it was just embarrassing so I just pretended i was listening to music & gave a good review.

It became desperate enough that OP took boxes of phones+merch in an Uber & asked people to 'meet' them at John Lewis Oxford Street. A promptly told them would they be taking us in a Taxi as well? Or our details because I had queued for 2 hours 30 minutes by this point. The lack of response to both questions was justification to stay inline & as it turned out get served 30 minutes later.

I had visions of free drinks, photo ops, speech from stake holders in OP but it was miles from that.

Tell me about it. Not impressed. I was there just to have a look (and film). I arrived at 12:40 and asked the security guy controlling the line how it worked, 1 in 1 out? Is there a time limit? I didn't know basically the queue was for the tills. He said about 40 mins wait, I joined the queue. Some guy came out apologising that the tills were having issues, I asked him 'what about if I'm not buying, I just want to have a look' and he said something about giving priority to those buying, so I waited. 1hr 40 minutes later (with no freebies) and I got to the front, to realise then that the queue went on inside. I spoke to the guy controlling the queue again and said I just wanted to have a play with them and he said I could just go in now and play...

For me what makes it worse, I posted on the FB event and tweeted them asking about filming their devices at the pop-up, not a reply on either format. Then to find the 7T Pro really is just the same as my current 7 Pro... a bit of a waste of time!

Associate
Hoodie, that was all. To be honest after three hours I would have expected a free pair of earphones . There was no way I was leaving that store without a phone though, pay or no pay but aside from apologising they did nothing else. I wonder if Apple had the same problems they would have done something more..

Man of Honour
Hoodie, that was all. To be honest after three hours I would have expected a free pair of earphones . There was no way I was leaving that store without a phone though, pay or no pay but aside from apologising they did nothing else. I wonder if Apple had the same problems they would have done something more..
If it was Apple the wait would have all been part of the show and people would have thought it was the best thing ever :D

Associate
Received my 7 Pro from Amazon, it's much taller than I thought. Never really likes that about some Galaxy phones so that's a bit disappointing but I'll get used to it I suppose. Their OnePlus Switch app is amazing, everything transferred over in a bit more than an hour. Time to play around with the thing now.

Back
Top Bottom