Overwatch

Soldato
I was messing about in comp with mei earlier today and thought her freeze felt better.

Didn't realise that it had ever got changed, I must have missed that one.

She is fun to play right now. DPS que times give me chance to tidy up while it's searching

I think the point is that if you think about Mei... what should she be weak to? I would have said she's a hero who needs to be focused to a certain extent, but also she should probably be weak to dive (which is focused in nature)...

Prior to that buff if a Winston and Dva and maybe 1 fast dps dove Mei it was a pretty good counter to her, but now that she can pretty much freeze the Dva and the Winston and maybe even the dps all at once, especially when combined with the double shield and other things that are popular in the meta right now, she's pretty much invulnerable to dive, in fact dive is borderline throwing in the current meta... Doesn't seem right - she should be extremely unpleasant for any isolated enemies that are unfortunate enough to run into her, but weak to focus/dive

Soldato
I think the point is that if you think about Mei... what should she be weak to? I would have said she's a hero who needs to be focused to a certain extent, but also she should probably be weak to dive (which is focused in nature)...

Prior to that buff if a Winston and Dva and maybe 1 fast dps dove Mei it was a pretty good counter to her, but now that she can pretty much freeze the Dva and the Winston and maybe even the dps all at once, especially when combined with the double shield and other things that are popular in the meta right now, she's pretty much invulnerable to dive, in fact dive is borderline throwing in the current meta... Doesn't seem right - she should be extremely unpleasant for any isolated enemies that are unfortunate enough to run into her, but weak to focus/dive

I guess mei weekness is snipers and phara.

Soldato
Haha! Exactly - it's just a little bit too powerful I think... made perfect sense as a buff to counter goats because that comp was always playing as such a bunched up group it meant freezing all of them was a real and scary possibility... but it's a bit OP outside of countering goats - prior to that buff you could still freeze a group of enemies but you'd have to position well and run around, making sure to hit each enemy with the beam, but currently you can just spam at them like in your clip

Maybe a middle ground would be that the nearest target gets frozen and any additional targets behind them get frozen at a much reduced rate, or perhaps it still affects their speed but without completely freezing them, I dunno

Soldato
I was happy with this wall and freeze on first push last night with you musty/ufon.

4 people frozen.

It was fun playing mei with phara and rein.

Last edited:
Associate
My recent ranked experience has amplified my belief that a good Doomfist player can just carry a game at present, even when counters are picked. We were running a Sombra, McCree, and I was playing Hog and despite this, this Doomfist player just absolutely dominated the game. It has become a recurring theme, if I could improve my Doomfist significantly I could rank up as he is super meta right now.

On the above discussion, i love that Mei is more meta, she was my second golden gun and one of my favourite DPS to play. I find the wall placements, timings, and freeze targets to be really engaging experience as it is strategic.

Associate
My recent ranked experience has amplified my belief that a good Doomfist player can just carry a game at present, even when counters are picked. We were running a Sombra, McCree, and I was playing Hog and despite this, this Doomfist player just absolutely dominated the game. It has become a recurring theme, if I could improve my Doomfist significantly I could rank up as he is super meta right now.

On the above discussion, i love that Mei is more meta, she was my second golden gun and one of my favourite DPS to play. I find the wall placements, timings, and freeze targets to be really engaging experience as it is strategic.

Even an average Doomfist can turn the tide of a fight as he can just rocket punch into the enemy team though shields and one hit kill nearly all the other heroes. As a tank player I find him oppressive. Playing Ana last night I manage to just about keep a Doomfist off my with well timed nades and sleeps. It's hard work at the moment. See if his nerfs on PTR make a difference.

Soldato
Couple of Widow clips. Not great, but I haven't been playing much recently so I'll take what I can get

Any way to stop Youtube trashing the quality? The video quality looks great from the file

This one is pretty funny, got pushed mid air by Dva

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom