HP Spectre x360 13... has the perfect ultraportable finally arrived?

Caporegime
Hey guys. Holy moly, I did not expect this level of perfection in the latest HP Spectre x360 13 2-in-1.

-Ice Lake (i7 has Iris Plus)
-Thunderbolt 3 / USB-C
-OLED 4k option (16:9 sadly but I guess you can't have everything)
-Slimmer bezels
-Gigabit WiFi
-LTE connectivity

Verge article https://www.theverge.com/2019/9/30/20886871/hp-spectre-x360-13-2019-small-bezels-oled-screen
Digitaltrends article https://www.digitaltrends.com/laptop-reviews/hp-spectre-x360-late-2019-review/

Looks stunning and were I to pull the trigger I would certainly get the maxed out spec version and be happy for the next few years. I guess the real competition will come from the Dell 2-in-1 (which doesn't seem as good) and maybe a new Lenovo Yoga with OLED.

What do you guys think? :)

Associate
The Spectre 13 X360 gem-cut is beautiful imo, probably one of the best looking laptops on the planet. :p

I'm sure it has many merits and that there is a beautiful laptop under there somewhere but Spectre is not an appropriate name for it, HP Vajazzle 13 360 would be nearer the mark.

Man of Honour
I have the 15" 2018 (the one with the intel/vega) model and have been very happy with it. Genuinely the best laptop I have ever owned and I've owned a lot. Such a nice looking machine, every time I get it out at a meeting somebody comments on just how nice it is.

Caporegime
OP
I have seen a fully speeced (but without LTE) model for sale for 1711 EUR (1530GBP) with a 2-4 week delivery time (local to me outside of the EU, so not applicable to the UK market):
  • HP Spectre x360 13-aw0710nz
  • i7-1065G7 with Iris Plus
  • 16GB
  • SSD 1TB
  • UHD 13.3 inch AMOLED touch,
  • Dark Ash Silver
  • Win10 Home (RCH)
That is a pretty beastly spec, suitable for photo/video editing-on-the-go for a few years to come, and I think if I was to max the spec I would also want LTE although I guess this will add another couple of hundred to the price.

Is there any way to tell from the model number if it has the LTE modem? I’ve looked at a couple (even quite expensive ones) that don’t have the LTE functionality.
Good question and I guess it will come later. Shame they didn't really go all-in and put a 5G modem in at this point, but maybe availability was scarce.

Associate
Is this the new 2019/2020 model or the one thats been out for a few years. I’ve been looking into one but heard no end of issues with the touchpad and synaptics drivers. Yes you can install precision drivers but I believe they get taken off with ease Win update

Caporegime
OP
They are releasing an updated version this week.
Well obviously yes, the entire point of this thread is the new model with the newly released Ice lake CPU which is clearly talked about in the Verge article. I even said "the latest" in my opening paragraph.

Very surprised if anyone needs that spelling out for them.

Associate
Well obviously yes, the entire point of this thread is the new model with the newly released Ice lake CPU which is clearly talked about in the Verge article. I even said "the latest" in my opening paragraph.

Very surprised if anyone needs that spelling out for them.

Yes, you said latest but I wasn’t sure if that was the one released a while ago that’s been out for a fair few months now, or maybe even a year. Or if it’s the one that was due to be coming out this year and around now. I wasn’t sure if it has been released yet...?

Associate
Looks like this may be my new laptop then, always wanted a spectre and there were too many negatives but now they are listening to the people. Looks a good bit of kit and will also replace my dinosaur of an iPad

Caporegime
OP
Do we know any specific date that this is being released yet? All I can find is it’s expected to be in October
Where I live it says 1st November and there is currently a special promotional price for the AMOLED 4k, i7-1065G7 Ice Lake, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, non-LTE version for £1350 (non-EU so not available in UK).

My only concern is performance of the Iris Plus vs an Nvidia MX150/250 in Photoshop etc.

Back
Top Bottom