**** The Official Google Pixel 4 Thread ****

Soldato
Yup absolute madness to even attempt that sort of pricing but that's what Google want. The sheer fact that 64gb is the base storage option is just ridiculous. I know 64gb is plenty for a lot of people, heck even my 128gb S10e only has about 30gb used, but in all honesty 128gb should be the minimum on a flagship these days. And no wide angle camera either? Wide angle is definitely more use to me personally than a telephoto.
Seeing the specs actually pushed me to try the OnePlus 7 Pro as I was holding out just to see what the Pixel 4 had to offer, not much by the look of it.

Soldato
Guestimate an extra £100 on top of last years prices,find out soon I guess. Hopefully it's a good conference and not like last years, always have the impression the R&D team are a bit out of sync with what the consumer wants.

Caporegime
The Google conference is probably the most boring thing in the world.

They're the complete opposite of the Apple conference where everything is over the top and in your face.

We'll basically be told there's a new phone, it's faster, it takes better photos, buy it if you want, we don't care.

I much prefer the low key second way myself...
I do too, however the slow down of change and new features has made it far less exciting.

"look at out cool new answering ai service. USA only"

"6 months free YouTube premium. Not to existing customers"

"new selfie camera" I don't take selfies.

"do you like Bath tubs? Here's a notch no one asked for"

Soldato
I much prefer the low key second way myself...

How about no key event. Simply release a video of the details instead of giving the 9 billion tech channels on youtube a jolly for free on Google's ticket.

They are all the same anyway.....
look at the new battery life that still sucks......
look at the new cameras everyone already has......
look at the new assistant still nobody is using......
here's the new price nobody wants......

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Anyone see Linus accidentally reveal the P4 on their Wan show? Looks like the reviewers have them (unsurprisingly) and we'll see reviews dropping in the 15th.

fwwp1fu1s0s31.png

Soldato
How about no key event. Simply release a video of the details instead of giving the 9 billion tech channels on youtube a jolly for free on Google's ticket.

They are all the same anyway.....
look at the new battery life that still sucks......
look at the new cameras everyone already has......
look at the new assistant still nobody is using......
here's the new price nobody wants......
I agree with this, especially when the product has already leaked and most of the people in the room already know what's coming before the event starts.

Actually, I bet the majority of tech site publishers and Youtube 'influencers' at these events have been running rumour articles /videos and leak info in the event lead up themselves.

Last edited:

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

90hz display is a welcome addition! Cant wait to see the official launch

Soldato
if it really comes out with 64gb space base that is insane. in 2019.

it feels like google really wants to push their drive.

I have original Pixel XL with 32gb storage and hardly ever run out of space, currently have just under 9gb free. Pictures/ videos taken with Pixel don't count towards the google drive storage. All my pictures and videos that are over a month old get automatically deleted from the phone if backed up to google drive. With unlimited data I can see them online whenever I want and use Spotify to stream music. The only time I struggle for space is when going on holiday if I download more music to listen to on the plane.

If the 64gb non-XL version is <£700 I might pre-order tomorrow.

Soldato
I have original Pixel XL with 32gb storage and hardly ever run out of space, currently have just under 9gb free. Pictures/ videos taken with Pixel don't count towards the google drive storage. All my pictures and videos that are over a month old get automatically deleted from the phone if backed up to google drive. With unlimited data I can see them online whenever I want and use Spotify to stream music. The only time I struggle for space is when going on holiday if I download more music to listen to on the plane.

If the 64gb non-XL version is <£700 I might pre-order tomorrow.
You'll be lucky. My guess is £749.
From my point of view it's not so much the space offered in and of itself, it's what the consumer is being asked to pay for it. I have never needed much space on a phone myself (although I have to say even I may start to struggle with 32gb) but certainly 64gb would be ample for my needs. That being said 128gb is just nice and roomy :D.
My gripe is Google (and Apple) are charging absolute flagship prices for non-flagship specs. The other big hitters are offering 128gb/256gb for the same cost.
By all means offer 64gb as the base storage option if you're trying to cut costs - but for heaven's sake pass those savings on!

Back
Top Bottom