US: Batwomen - 2019

Permabanned
:rolleyes:

You could say the same about anything including wasting £50k on a car that is full of flaws or £5k on a OLED TV again that is full of flaws as you never did your homework.

If you actually were as clever as you try to come across you would know the best anyone can do is read reviews from multiple sources then decide for yourself in the case of watching a TV show you only loose some time but possibly spending a lot of cash on hardware you may regret later.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
I do both check the reviews then just watch it, but if I am lazy I can just watch it.

I find Cw shows fine but only if you binge it in one go, I often binge all 5 shows in one go and had no real issue with batwoman in the cross over series with the monitor.

With Arrow coming to an end I think batwoman is perhaps gearing up for a different take on it but it won't suprise me if everyone is like this ain't batman.

Arrow had the same issue in being a poor mans batman so they simply wrote the batman and superman and girl out of their universe due to the tv rights.

Its a long standing problem and rumour is the Monitor and Green arrow are going to merge all universes together and fix the issue so superman, girl, batman and the rest of the dc charactors are at least under the same house.

Permabanned
Arrow has went downhill and same with the Flash, I am happy for them to end but will see them through as got this far.

SuperGirl is a mess of a show but it was added to the ArrowVerse in the crossover eps same as The Legends Of Tomorrow which is not too bad as funny.

Anyone asking me (in fact one did last week about The Walking Dead) I would say I would not watch any of these shows today knowing what I know.

There has been a lot of really great show in the past got canned that shouldn't have and the above crap keeps going for 6-8 season.

1) FireFly
2) FlashForward
3) Jericho

To name but three...

Soldato
Jericho had a good premise but was far too PG and got silly quickly. definitely started getting a "Lost" vibe about it too, over-egging the pudding by beginning to add in all sorts of convoluted/contrived sub-plots.

Soldato
I didn't mind Batwoman.. It just wasn't anything spectacular really. I do like Ruby Rose, even with some of her recent statements that I disagree with, she has a great broody batman style look and in her red wig and costume on the crossover I thought she looked fantastic. I guess I will have to see how it goes.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
I thought it was basically Arrow but with a female lead. They even had the flashbacks lol. Not to say it was awful, but it wasn't amazing.

ahh that don't sound good, I don't mind arrow but found the whole flash back thing ridicoulous and a poor attempt to cover some meaning or plot in the present it worked in the early seasons but then not afterwards imo.

And yes I was worried batwoman would attempt an arrow phase, looks like its gone that route already.

I would not have minded an Robin tv series given how decent the charactor is on Titans series, he could have owned it and brang the series into his own really but then we got Titans already.

PayDay Lover
Associate
Arrow has went downhill and same with the Flash, I am happy for them to end but will see them through as got this far.

SuperGirl is a mess of a show but it was added to the ArrowVerse in the crossover eps same as The Legends Of Tomorrow which is not too bad as funny.

Anyone asking me (in fact one did last week about The Walking Dead) I would say I would not watch any of these shows today knowing what I know.

There has been a lot of really great show in the past got canned that shouldn't have and the above crap keeps going for 6-8 season.

1) FireFly
2) FlashForward
3) Jericho

To name but three...

To be fair, the biggest tragedy is also what makes them great. Who knows how they could have ended up if allowed to continue (though I am sure Firefly would have continued as awesome!)
I mean if Arrow had been cancelled after 1 season/half season I would have been gutted, it was excellent. Now I wish they had so I could have fond memories of it.

Permabanned
Arrow was actually a very good action show the first season (so was Beauty and The Beast remake show) and was long enough ago the show at that time did not revolve around the current PC agenda you see in every show that much the story is more about this than the actual shows character itself.

BatWoman in my reading has been totally slated but then again today no one is allowed to think this way as the fans and actors go to social media crying about the backlash (how dare someone not like the show).

Last edited:
Associate
Arrow was actually a very good action show they first season (so was Beauty and The Beast remake show) and was long enough ago the show at that time did not revolve around the current PC agenda you see in every show that much the story is more about this than the actual show character itself.

BatWoman in my reading has been totally slated but then again today no one is allowed to think this way as the fans and a actors go to social media crying about the backlash (how dare someone not like the show).
Agreed. I think it's downfall was the beginning of Olicity. I'll give Batwoman a chance, but I'll be surprised if it goes beyond two seasons. The stars are aligning for a Constantine CW show - Arrow and Supernatural both going and Batwoman not being received well. I can but hope...

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Olicity ;)

Not seen Batwoman yet but you can't blame fans if there thinking wait this ain't Batman its woman instead.

The CW series are gonna be interesting since they are all becoming more popular with crisis series but at the same time dialling down their own shows since they pretty much done everything 3x over at this point, so the only next step was justice league or crisis series.

Gonna miss Supernatural

Soldato
Agreed. I think it's downfall was the beginning of Olicity. I'll give Batwoman a chance, but I'll be surprised if it goes beyond two seasons. The stars are aligning for a Constantine CW show - Arrow and Supernatural both going and Batwoman not being received well. I can but hope...

I actually really enjoyed the Constantine live action from a few years back, it only got one season unfortunately, I think people struggled as it was slow to get going.

I really enjoyed the first couple of seasons of Arrow and The Flash, but over time they became more like cheesy power rangers-esque ensemble shows. Legends of Tomorrow has always been on the poor side, the first season had promise but it nose dived pretty quickly never to recover imo. Supergirl was by far the worst of the 'Arrow-verse' as far as I'm concerned, got sick of the preaching and even if I were to ignore that the acting/writing is weak. Batwoman has taken the crown as far as the worst CW show goes, I gave the first two episodes a go and found absolutely nothing likable.

Supernatural has been great, its been beating a dead horse for a few seasons now but I still enjoy watching it.

Back
Top Bottom