Red Dead Redemption 2

Soldato
£55 import from Kingbit Games in Edinburgh, along with £15 for the double cartridge adaptor about six months before the official UK launch. I played nothing else for about three months.

yikes. My next door neighbour bought it. I tended to do most of my gaming round at his as he had an Amiga too.

Soldato
From what I understand from my readings, the online is set slightly before the events of the single player but does contain its own storyline, I read it had like 12 missions to it, so I'm guessing theres sort of a co-opable storyline of sorts that can be followed..along with the non-storyline content of course.

thanks. Hoping for some sort of defend type mode. Will be pretty sad if we only get a few hours of coop out of it.

Associate
Anyone willing to speculate abouts when this'll be sub 20 quid?
I'm interested but prepared to wait.

If its anything like GTA V then expect to wait a good 2 years for a price drop. You might maybe get 10% discount from Steam as they do this every now and again on new titles but only got a limited time. I believe the game will be on Steam in late DEC

Associate
If its anything like GTA V then expect to wait a good 2 years for a price drop. You might maybe get 10% discount from Steam as they do this every now and again on new titles but only got a limited time. I believe the game will be on Steam in late DEC

I agree but isnt it like Uplay Games where no matter where you buy it from you then log into your UPlay account anyway

Soldato
But £54! :eek:

I'm spoilt by CDKeys. I rarely buy games full price (£35) let alone £54!

£54 just seems like price gouging to me.

One of the girls in my team just blew £150 on a special edition version of some game. I just laughed and carried on working. Saying that, she also spends up to £200 for photos and signatures with 'celebs' at conventions. what's that saying about fools and money... :D

Man of Honour
I've done my preorder with Rockstar, its pricey at 54 but I did spend more on AC Origins and AC Odyssey. Usually I cdkeys games but there are the occassional game that comes out where I just know I'm going to get a lot of bang for my buck, the two AC games were of that ilk, I'm sure that even at 54 I will end up looking back at RDR2 and say that I got value for money.

Hell, this weekend we got a family dominos delivered (me, the missus, 19yr old daughter and 23 yr old son) and that came to £42 all in. So its only slightly more than a tenner for something which will last longer than 1 evening :)

Associate
I've done my preorder with Rockstar, its pricey at 54 but I did spend more on AC Origins and AC Odyssey. Usually I cdkeys games but there are the occassional game that comes out where I just know I'm going to get a lot of bang for my buck, the two AC games were of that ilk, I'm sure that even at 54 I will end up looking back at RDR2 and say that I got value for money.

Hell, this weekend we got a family dominos delivered (me, the missus, 19yr old daughter and 23 yr old son) and that came to £42 all in. So its only slightly more than a tenner for something which will last longer than 1 evening :)

same.. preordered and got the two free games.. put over 100 hours into odyssey and paid full price for that but defo feel I got my monies worth on that title.. I even got the season pass which I have never done before. If I get the same out of this then defo good value

Soldato
Pre ordering a known good game is fine, pre ordering a game you've no idea about... Bad.

BUT, people buying collectors editions and getting signed photos of celebs because that's what they enjoy?

jMspSZ5g.jpg

Soldato
I don't think this is strictly true - you see a lot of collectors editions in the local CEX for next to nothing compared to their original price.
Sure it may depend on the game. But with RDR2 cheapest collector's box I see on ebay is for 150 quid. I bought mine at release for about 90. Same with my other CEs.

Caporegime
Having sat and watched a few hours of RDR2 on an X-Box 1X I was more than happy to preorder this, can’t wait for the mods!! :D

Not particularly bothered about yet another launcher, not to mention they have applied a few tweaks to GTAVC and GTASA so they both work better on modern hardware which my original copies don’t seem to (especially with regard to display)

GTA V is one of my favourite games, this seems to be GTA in the Wild West what’s not to like? bring it on!

Back
Top Bottom