Destiny 2... It's a coming!

Soldato
Finally getting back into this after buying Shadowkeep, got through a fair chunk of the campaign last night. At light level 801 right now, looking forward to doing the old raids as I never did most of them. Are they at lease populated when matchmaking or is it simply best to just go at it solo? I'd like to run through them all to check them off my list.

All raids cannot be solo'd. You need a group. Jump in discord and we will help u through some raids fo sho

EDIT: if you have a CP for Argos, that can be solo'd.

Last edited:
Associate
480GB free and the firewall is just fine. Although I son't see how my firewall could just suddenly decide to delete a steam download for ***** and giggles.

Sorry, just going through a list of things to try.

I have had issues with firewall settings in Windows having changed after an update (though not often).

Have you tried downloading anything else from Steam and installing and/or trying again to see if anything is working now?

Associate
Finally getting back into this after buying Shadowkeep, got through a fair chunk of the campaign last night. At light level 801 right now, looking forward to doing the old raids as I never did most of them. Are they at lease populated when matchmaking or is it simply best to just go at it solo? I'd like to run through them all to check them off my list.

Me and a couple of friends have got back into this with Shadowkeep as well and have not done any of the previous raids bar one I think, so would definitely be up for running these. I'll drop you a PM with my steam.

Associate
I played through the first 4 missions or so when it became F2P and I loaded the Steam version and moved my account across and logged in. I was met with a grandiose cut scene about a garden or something and dumped in the main lobby area, there is no obvious place for me to go for a mission or indeed any hand holding of any description. Basically it's impenetrable for a returning player like myself, I will do some coop stuff later my with brother, I hope he has an idea of what to do/where to go etc...

Soldato
Haha - found exactly the same. Played a lot of it maybe 3 years ago, and just decided to return with a couple of friends. It's completely opaque!
By each of us remembering little snippets, we finally managed to put something together, but we were a good hour into it before we even remembered how to use the Sparrows.

That Bungie guide someone posted above might be handy to skim through. But the biggest thing to actually finding some direction in what we were doing was finding the director (hold down tab) and looking at (and tracking) the quests in there.

Soldato
Me and a couple of friends have got back into this with Shadowkeep as well and have not done any of the previous raids bar one I think, so would definitely be up for running these. I'll drop you a PM with my steam.

Thanks mate, that's a kind offer but sadly I'm still over here living in California. So the only time I can really spend time on the game is 1900 PT onwards. Which is 0200 GMT.

Weekends however could work!

Soldato
Agree some of the above, I just dont get this game.
Ive played through the first campaign (red war?) and it all feels just a bit stale.
Story is ok but nothing special and combat is far too easy and overall pretty dull.

Not sure if im missing something here or what?

Associate
Agree some of the above, I just dont get this game.
Ive played through the first campaign (red war?) and it all feels just a bit stale.
Story is ok but nothing special and combat is far too easy and overall pretty dull.

Not sure if im missing something here or what?

The main draw of D2 is the gun play and community. It can be played solo, but really its designed to be played with a group and that's where the enjoyment comes from. I spent a long time playing D1/2 on PS4 and it's the people I met and regularly played with that kept me coming back. The campaign/patrols etc are all relatively easy, it's when you start doing the raids that the game becomes much more difficult, each person needs to know their role, the tactics and work as part of a team to achieve the objective. Communication is often key.

It's not for everyone though.

Associate
Is shadowkeep worth it guys?
Im a casual=ish player, love the game just wonder is it worth buying or should i buy season pass thingy instead?

Associate
Is shadowkeep worth it guys?
Im a casual=ish player, love the game just wonder is it worth buying or should i buy season pass thingy instead?

It's really down to how much you want to play and invest into D2. I'd say Shadowkeep is pretty good, but it isn't a huge expansion in terms of content and loot. What it does is build on some good changes that were introduced with Forsaken and sets a good basis story/campaign wise for the next few seasons. Will depend on what you play (PVE/Campaign, PVP, Both) and how much you have exhausted the F2P stuff and Forsaken (if you have it).

----------------

I'm at 922 after this weekend, the grind to 940/950 is sloooow! Still enjoying it, just a little bit more difficult finding the stuff to do now that rewards me with more powerful gear. I really want the Hammerhead - anyone know the quickest way to get this?
Currently running Ace of Spades / Subjunctive / Play of The Game

Associate
I played through the first 4 missions or so when it became F2P and I loaded the Steam version and moved my account across and logged in. I was met with a grandiose cut scene about a garden or something and dumped in the main lobby area, there is no obvious place for me to go for a mission or indeed any hand holding of any description. Basically it's impenetrable for a returning player like myself, I will do some coop stuff later my with brother, I hope he has an idea of what to do/where to go etc...

Completely agree, plus I'm a new player so I don't stand a chance of understanding where to go and what's going on! Going f2p should bring in new players but they haven't made it at all compelling to stick with this.

Soldato
Completely agree, plus I'm a new player so I don't stand a chance of understanding where to go and what's going on! Going f2p should bring in new players but they haven't made it at all compelling to stick with this.

Everything stems from the tower...bounties, dailies, weeklies and clan stuff. There are also planetary vendors who give bounties (unless its changed) so that's your best starting point. The mission screen (map and hold R) should also give story based objectives if you've not completed them already.

I've not actually played the update as it got really stale for me and I went to WoW classic. I might come back at some point, but there is a lot to do. Spider, on Tangled Shore, also sells mats and has bounties for enhancement cores. These can also be done to complete the weekly challenge for 20 bounties.

Associate
Everything stems from the tower...bounties, dailies, weeklies and clan stuff. There are also planetary vendors who give bounties (unless its changed) so that's your best starting point. The mission screen (map and hold R) should also give story based objectives if you've not completed them already.

I've not actually played the update as it got really stale for me and I went to WoW classic. I might come back at some point, but there is a lot to do. Spider, on Tangled Shore, also sells mats and has bounties for enhancement cores. These can also be done to complete the weekly challenge for 20 bounties.

Thanks :) I have figured out some of this. but things like just figuring out how to get into a mission in my quest log took time. I was trying to walk somewhere at the tower to trigger the mission. didn't know I had to go into a menu and choose the right planet. then on the planet sometime you talk to someone, sometimes you walk to an object and other times just walking somewher seems to get you into a mission. oh and sometimes the game match makes you and puts you into the mission directly?!

Associate
Thanks :) I have figured out some of this. but things like just figuring out how to get into a mission in my quest log took time. I was trying to walk somewhere at the tower to trigger the mission. didn't know I had to go into a menu and choose the right planet. then on the planet sometime you talk to someone, sometimes you walk to an object and other times just walking somewher seems to get you into a mission. oh and sometimes the game match makes you and puts you into the mission directly?!

im a new player too and i found out you can play through the campaigns in the order they were released.. if you go to Amanda Holliday on the right side in the "Tower" you can select these and begin the missions

ive only done the first one but it did give me more of an idea of what things are etc so maybe worth running through them all
the first one atleast was definitely a new player/beginner friendly experience

other than that i just google things that give me no clue of what to do/ where to go etc

Associate
Ive had atleast 4 friends quit before they even started with new light as they are so confused.
Another who i talked through the basics on discord is addicted,, Bungie need to address this issue asap.

Back
Top Bottom