Straight pipe 125 cruiser

Associate
Hi all

So currently I’ve got a Sinnis Hoodlum 125. I’m looking to make it a bit meatier, so a straight pipe is probably the way to go? Anyone got some links for kits to actually do this? As I’m not sure what too look for,

Thanks.

Associate
You after sound or performance?

If its sound, doable, cut existing muffler off and put an aftermarket one on (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331780485400) - problem, engine balance - can make it to lean and hard to get the carbs to play nice. Overstuff the baffle and can be too rich, I've played with this before on a Suzuki VL125 and never got it as nice as standard. In end I got luckly and ran a pre-made for the model aftermarket pair of straights that sounded and ran very nice. Also have to take into consideration noise, when I ran straight without decent baffles it was insanely loud and I doubt would have got through a MOT.

If its performance, ain't going to happen, its a modern 125cc... not much you can do to make them much better performance wise.

If you really that bothered about meatier just get a bigger bike, if you wanted meatier 125cc criuser, should have gond VL125 or Shadow 125 as at least they are V-Twins..

Man of Honour
It can also rob you of some of the small amount of power you already have, while not a problem on a bigger bike because you get the grin factor of a meaty exhaust and you can afford to sacrifice some power somewhere in the range you really don't want to be giving away anything on a 125.

Man of Honour
I see you missed my comment saying it'll probably rob you of some of the small amount of power you already have, that's definitely something to consider as cruiser 125s don't exactly shift as it is.

Also you worded it as a question we're just confirming it's not the way to go ;)

Soldato
Do it, it'll sound badass.

And for another good mod:

Get a cooling fan for a PC, you can buy them right here on OCUK, make sure you get one that will take 12v so you can wire it straight to your battery. Mount it rear facing on the back of the bike, it'll practically double your horsepower.

Transmission breaker
Don
Hi all

So currently I’ve got a Sinnis Hoodlum 125. I’m looking to make it a bit meatier, so a straight pipe is probably the way to go? Anyone got some links for kits to actually do this? As I’m not sure what too look for,

Thanks.

Honestly, its not worth it. A 125 will never sound "meaty". At best it will be rather annoying most of the time (to all road users) and at worst, antisocial.

A big bike with a loud exhaust can be ridden well below full throttle and not wake the dead all the time. A 125 is basically pinned to full throttle 100% of the time to actually make progress and will make the bike incredibly annoying when trying to get anywhere.

Soldato
Do it, it'll sound badass.

And for another good mod:

Get a cooling fan for a PC, you can buy them right here on OCUK, make sure you get one that will take 12v so you can wire it straight to your battery. Mount it rear facing on the back of the bike, it'll practically double your horsepower.

Mine came from the factory with the fans

Benelli-Tornado-RS.jpg

Back
Top Bottom