What was the first game you ever played?

Associate
Some sort of lunar landar type thing on the zx81. Essentially watching the letter A stutter down the screen pretending it was a spaceship.

Always makes me chuckle when people complain about some perceived flaw in modern graphics

Caporegime
I'd imagine (although my memory is hazy as I'd have only been 3 or 4) it was likely a Pong clone on an Olivetti 8088 "laptop".

The first game I recall having any actual affection and affinity for would be something like Captain Comic on my (again Olivetti) 286.

Soldato
I had a Tandy TRS80 as my first computer, but maybe my first ever game was on the Atari. The one with the wood on the top. Black and white ping pong game.
Jeez, that must have been mid 80s

:edit: Just googled, Atari 2600

Associate
Pong on the Atari 800 around my cousin's house. Never even seen or heard of electronic games before that. Complete eye-opener.

Caporegime
Dungeons and Dragons on the Intellivision console back in 1979 - I was 8 years old - it was jaw dropping at the time, I lost hours on it even though it’s nothing like the official D&D games.

It certainly triggered my interest in video gaming.

Soldato
Oh my lord, I remember that, if we are going down that route

jch1pb8.png

LGh5Rgb.png
script>

I had this too. I think that was my first aswell!

Caporegime
Already commented but on reflection my first game was on a console, the first home computer game was Flight Simulator on the Sinclair ZX81, in its day it was incredible, today it still is incredible except in a bad way! :D

Soldato

I can't really pinpoint the actual first game I played but this has to be within the first few games. At least it's one of the first few I remember.

This was the first PC game I can remember playing when I was 4. Along with a few other Putt-Putt or other various point and click DOS games.

One, just because...

Not the first game I played but I know my mother loved this game when she was younger. I can remember when my Uncle put Mame on my computer that my Mum loved playing this game and it brought it back to being young. Not sure why but it puts a bit of a tear in my eye

Associate
First game for me was a pong styled game like breakout on Atari 2600 during the early 1980s. I forgot the console but it had knobs as controls.

Associate
Ignoring the binatone and Atari 2600 that I played at a friends house...my first computer was a Commodore plus 4, first game was Fire Ant, on xmas morning followed closely by Horace goes skiing and Frogger.
I'm currently working my way through a lot of the old Spectrum games but I'm beginning to think they should be left in the past.
The plus 4 broke 2 days later and was replaced with a ZX Spectrum 48k.
On a side note...I only recently realised that they kept on making games for the Spectrum for quite a while after I moved on to the Amiga 500 plus.

Back
Top Bottom