NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2080 TI SUB £900 & INCLUDES COD: MODERN WARFARE !!!

Permabanned
Indeed and if your going to keep the blower cooler on then I wouldn't be overclocking anyway :p

Mine arrived late yesterday so i hope soon to get tweaking but you should be able to oc a bit surely? Base clock is 1350mhz boost is 1540. The founders boosts to 1650mhz and the highest is 1780mhz which might be Kingpin edition.

My view is matching 1780mhz is the ultimate goal without throttling for £899. And yes these are B chips the binned A chips start at £1099 cards like the EVGA black still use the same chip at this cheap Zotac.

Soldato
Mine arrived late yesterday so i hope soon to get tweaking but you should be able to oc a bit surely? Base clock is 1350mhz boost is 1540. The founders boosts to 1650mhz and the highest is 1780mhz which might be Kingpin edition.

My view is matching 1780mhz is the ultimate goal without throttling for £899. And yes these are B chips the binned A chips start at £1099 cards like the EVGA black still use the same chip at this cheap Zotac.

What does yours boost to ingame ?

Soldato
Ive not unboxed yet will in a day or two. They should boost to 1545mhz on the box it says 1545mhz. It does not say it throttles or anything that was my worry that it ran too hot. Hopefully it can match founders at 1650 though.

They actually boost a lot further than advertised due to GPU Boost, Those are just the base specs for boost etc...

Permabanned
They actually boost a lot further than advertised due to GPU Boost, Those are just the base specs for boost etc...

Which cards? Ive heard of founders peaking at nearly 1800 its all temp related. I need to boost my case cooling also but ocuk are lacking stock of 3000rpm 120mm Noctua fans. I Wish i knew more but this was a blind buy where i had to hope we can work with it.

Soldato
Which cards? Ive heard of founders peaking at nearly 1800 its all temp related. I need to boost my case cooling also but ocuk are lacking stock of 3000rpm 120mm Noctua fans.

Friend of mines 2080 Ti Founders Edition auto boosts to around 1800MHz without touching anything, I imagine this will too plus or minus 50MHz.

Permabanned
Friend of mines 2080 Ti Founders Edition auto boosts to around 1800MHz without touching anything, I imagine this will too plus or minus 50MHz.

Yea well i will not touch the top slider in Afterburner the power target will boost temps. I am not wasting power draw on memory that is notoriously fickle. I plan to only put the fan to 100% and see first. And maybe add +50 to the core slider. But not adding power and heat will be key for a blower.

Caporegime

Yeah mine is the same (Palit Gaming OC, must be Founder speeds), I just stuck it at +100 (don't want any crashing whatsoever, and dx12 can be quite punishing on overclocks) and all is good :)

Soldato
Wait so what is a good boost for a 2080Ti ? because my KFA2 is boosting to over 1800 in game but is only advertised to boost to 1590 mhz:confused:

OcUK Staff
OP
GPU boost works from sensors, a main one being temperature.

For maximum boost, you want lowest possible load temperatures. A good place to start is to do a slight under-volt and run fans at maximum speed, you will find this alone will cause a card to not only boost higher but maintain a higher clock throughout gaming, basically throttle less as boost clock lowers as temperature rise, so keep the temps low, maintain boost, potentially see higher boost. For those not wishing to run max fan speed, just set a slightly more aggressive fan curve to help prevent heat soak build up and you will gain similar results, again contrary to belief Turing typically likes a slight under-volt on air cooling. :)

Permabanned
GPU boost works from sensors, a main one being temperature.

For maximum boost, you want lowest possible load temperatures. A good place to start is to do a slight under-volt and run fans at maximum speed, you will find this alone will cause a card to not only boost higher but maintain a higher clock throughout gaming, basically throttle less as boost clock lowers as temperature rise, so keep the temps low, maintain boost, potentially see higher boost. For those not wishing to run max fan speed, just set a slightly more aggressive fan curve to help prevent heat soak build up and you will gain similar results, again contrary to belief Turing typically likes a slight under-volt on air cooling. :)

I was planning on adding 3x 140mm 3000rpm noctua fans as well to my system to make load temps better. Do they not say 55c is the start of downclocking? I thought it was 85c or 88c do you know the number?

I plan to use Afterburner with a fixed 100% fan speed too without a curve over Zotac firestorm. I need ambient fan noise to drown out my neighbours!

OcUK Staff
OP
I was planning on adding 3x 140mm 3000rpm noctua fans as well to my system to make load temps better. Do they not say 55c is the start of downclocking? I thought it was 85c or 88c do you know the number?

I plan to use Afterburner with a fixed 100% fan speed too without a curve over Zotac firestorm. I need ambient fan noise to drown out my neighbours!

For maximum boost you need to be around or under 50c yes, then it comes in stages, like downclocks so much at 55c, so much more 60c, so much more at 70c and so on etc. So if your currently 85c underload and manage to get it to under 60c load you could gain an additional 100-200MHz boost frequency which can make a real difference to FPS.

Soldato
Well got mine this morning and surprise surprise, It comes with Samsung memory, Jackpot :D

s2x.png

Permabanned
Well got mine this morning and surprise surprise, It comes with Samsung memory, Jackpot :D

s2x.png

Unboxing atm but hopefully get it installed later i stil think you should not clock the samsung be easy knowing it is not micron. I think undervolting and core clocks are key to doing well on this. Remember after 50c you lose boost speed.

Good luck on the silicon lotto by the way guys! :)

OcUK Staff
OP

s2x.png

Pretty much all Zotac cards use Samsung memory, so it quite normal for Zotac, they will only ever use none Samsung if hard to source or lower-end SKU's.

Samsung will generally happily sit at 15,500MHz that the new SUPER's run at. :)

Back
Top Bottom