Paedophile Richard Huckle stabbed to death at Full Sutton Prison

Soldato
Mixed feelings, the guy was obviously an abhorrent individual that was rightfully removed from society but our justice system did not pass the death sentence on him.

If we want a death sentence for certain crimes surely its up to us to decide on that rather than prison justice sorting it out.

Personally I'm fine with capitol punishment in certain overwhelming cases of guilt but not ok with street or prison "justice"

Soldato
In one way I think 'good riddance' in another I think it's a shame he won't spend the next 50 years suffering. Then I think 'well he wouldn't have been suffering too much in a British prison' so I'm back to 'good riddance' again.

Associate
Id rather someone with his extreme crimes was regularly mentally tortured / left to live many many years in a low cost dark cold cell, with minimal food, no entertainment, to "reflect" and suffer for 50 years, instead of being given this easy route out.

Hes not human so does not deserve human rights. He does not believe in laws so none should be applied to him.

Soldato
Why should you have to pay 40k a year though to keep someone away from 3 year olds because people are mugs. We should tear down prisons and after Brexit, Britain could become a model for justice.

Use an overseas territory as a giant island prison, Send all the people there unfit for community sentences or fines and basically it will be a death sentance. If you do not and can not be part of society you should be forced to live outside society at your own cost. But billing the rest of society? How much a year is actually wasted?

Your idea has already been done in film and it didnt work so well ( Escape from NewYork then or what was one of paul walkers last films..... goes to google......... Brick Mansions.)

Associate
In one way I think 'good riddance' in another I think it's a shame he won't spend the next 50 years suffering. Then I think 'well he wouldn't have been suffering too much in a British prison' so I'm back to 'good riddance' again.
This. As the actual Brazilian President recently replied when questioned about the brutal conditions of Brazilian prisons: "it's as bad as it should be. That's the intention. It's not a holiday camp. And knowing it's bad, behave to never end up there."
Here seems like: I don't like BLT, I rather have smoked salmon/cucumber sandwich and Tropicana.

Caporegime
No sympathy really.
Fairest thing for all. Someone like that is obviously broken and not fit for society.

Wouldn't be surprised if this was a 'slip up' by the guards. Maybe they 'forgot' to lock his cell?

Back
Top Bottom